forum

[resolved] Osu freezing when trying to delete any beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Undertimed
When trying to delete a beatmap, when I click on the "Yes, delete all difficulties" or "Yes, but only this difficulty" (haven't tried the "Delete all visible beatmaps") the game freezes completly. It cannot be closed, even through the task manager, meaning I have to restart my computer. The selected maps are not deleted afterwards.

It seems to happen for any map I select, I have not found anything online about this. Sorry in advance if that's a known issue that I somehow missed, does anyone have a solution? This started happening after the halloween update.

osu! version: Stable 20201017.3 (latest)
Topic Starter
Undertimed
Giving the post a small up, since it's been more than 2 and a half days since I posted my issue.

Almost all tickets posted after mine have had at least an answer seeking to find a solution to the person's problem, so the availability of support shouldn't be an issue right now. Or, should I post my issue somewhere else, where I may find some actual help? If anyone knows of such a forum, support or whatever, please at least recommend it below.

Thank you, have a nice day.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Sorry nobody responded. This isn't an issue I think I've encountered or had anyone request help with before.

I'm not sure exactly what could be causing this problem, I only can suggest some shots in the dark. Like;

• * Using the "Repair folder permissions" option from the osu! options menu after starting the game as Admin.

* Holding shift while launching the osu!.exe and using the Repair osu! option

* Downloading the latest installer and installing over your current install of osu!. (Do not uninstall or delete anything. Just tell the installer to install to the same location your osu! is already installed.)

* Double checking your osu! folder has necessary permissions to delete files in Windows.

* Copy and pasting the contents of your runetime.log file into a reply here after having the game freeze while attempting to delete. Just incase it says anything of use.
Topic Starter
Undertimed
Thank you for the answer, I will try those as soon as possible and tell you if it works.

EDIT : repairing the folder permissions solved the issue, thank you!
Dntm8kmeeatu
Glad to hear it worked!