forum

[resolved] osu! running but not appearing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Shizukesa-
Problem details:
Every time I open osu!, it is seen running in task manager but it never appears. I have tried opening replays and opening the repair client but they also aren't working. This only started to happen when my osu! froze and I forcefully ended it. Alt+tabbing doesn't work, win+tab also doesn't work.

osu! version: Stable 20201017.3 (latest)
Tobias Leander
Did you try restarting your computer after this happened? if not I'd recommended trying that if it is a one off thing.
Topic Starter
-Shizukesa-

Tobias Leander wrote:

Did you try restarting your computer after this happened? if not I'd recommended trying that if it is a one off thing.
Yeah, i tried restarting too. Also doesn't work.
AshClown
Check if any instances of Osu! are running in the details tab of task manager after you open it. If there are, then that might be causing it. Otherwise, try reinstalling Osu! (make sure you save your song, skins, etc. folders)
Topic Starter
-Shizukesa-
Nevermind, the issue resolved itself somehow. I think it may be a disk problem, because I have been getting a ton of disk errors in steam and I checked and see that my disk is at risk. I should sort it out right away. Apparently the solution was to wait a day and I suppressed a SMART event regarding my disk in Intel Rapid Storage Technology. This allowed me to open my osu! client. Thank you for your efforts!