forum

Keyboard Stats

posted
Total Posts
show more
senaya

CaveBells wrote:

I live in Africa, there are maybe 15 people on the continent that know mechanical keyboards exist nevermind have them in store.
I know that feel, bro. Most of the stuff I need can only be delivered here from other countries or have a 200% price on them :<
Jinxy
Corsair K60, with Red Switches. I've never really tried other switches but took Red for its low actuation force. K60 was because it was the cheapest Red Mechanical Keyboard around.
I have a problem with maintaining streams and while I'm still not exactly good at it, using red switches has almost doubled my ability overnight because it's just so much easier to press.

Though, the keys I often use (WASD + E because I play with W/E) have become quite dirty, and I've only used it for a rather short while. The letters aren't fading off, but they look much darker. Other Red keyboards may be more suited for you, if you can afford them.
Naikaze
1. What keyboard are you using? Laptop keyboard.
2. What switches does it use? Scissors switch.
3. Why you prefer those switches to others you may have tried? Thin.
ct_warrior

CaveBells wrote:

ct_warrior wrote:

I have the CM Storm with red switches. I feel that even reds feel like it could be lighter. I would never buy anything other than reds if I had the choice since all the other options are heavier. Have tried blues and reds.
Do you like the reds because you find them more comfortable, easier to tap, or easier to sustain when taking on long streams, when you compare them to blues.
All three, but not to a huge degree. Blues are fine, but the clicking you hear during actualization is redundant and drains a bit of stamina once you become comfortable with the speed. When I first started out, I tended not to bottom out because I was weak and less coordinated (a temporary period when blues would be preferred). Now, I can bottom out with a solid thud; although I only do that when I can spare the stamina and my reading ability allows me to do so without thinking. Reds are also fairly quiet if you barely bottom out, but typing takes a bit longer to get used to.
Yuugo
1. Corsair Vengeance K90
2. Cherry MX Red
3. I prefer relatively silent switches and that more or less left the choice between red and black, I chose red since they were lighter.
-Soba-
I use a CM storm quickfire TK with red switches o;
DiMo
1. Ducky DK2108
2. Cherry MX Brown switch
3. The feedback of red switch is not enough for me...
Pizzicato
1.CMstorm quickfire pro
2. Cherry MX Blues
3. The clicking sound and that clicking feel. Blacks are too heavy. Reds are too light. Browns feel awkward.
Yarissa
I have a leopold fullsize tenkeyless red switch keyboard as well as a razer blackwidow and some black switches from god knows what company.

I like the reds the best; they're godly. Reds are light and make single tapping the easiest thing in the world.
mrgnstrn
1. BlackWidow standart
2. Cherry MX Red ( http://puu.sh/1XRk9 )

3. Dont know why, but i prefer Red switches, rather than Blue
Pizzicato

mrgnstrn wrote:

1. BlackWidow standart
2. Cherry MX Red

3. Dont know why, but i prefer Red switches, rather than Blue

that's awesome O_o
theowest
Topic Starter
Bells
Do you get keyboards with multiple switch colour configurations?
Sup A Noob
I'm currently using the 6Gv2 blacks, but planning to switch to the reds of CM Storm QuickFire Rapid.
hinamizawan
I'm not a mechanical keyboard expert but the Razer Blackwidow is fine for me.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Kanye West

makkura wrote:

It's probably one of the cheapest, but I heard the build quality wasn't that great. I shelled out a few more dollars for a Coolermaster board with backlighting 8-)
GoldenWolf

Kanye West wrote:

makkura wrote:

It's probably one of the cheapest, but I heard the build quality wasn't that great. I shelled out a few more dollars for a Coolermaster board with backlighting 8-)
I broke 2 keys in 8 months, low build quality but it's really cheap. It's fine as long as you don't smash your keys like mad and play high bpm maps too much.
buny
i've never broken any keyboard or mouse, regardless of how much i used it so it must be a user-sided thing
hinamizawan

Kanye West wrote:

another thing very annoying in the blackwidow are the fingerprints, i can't stand fingerprints and i can't relax my hands on the keyboard because of that, also I've broken the spacebar for just using it. at least there is cherry mx blue...