forum

Favorite DT mappers?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chiyota
There's probably a post of this already but I'm looking for some new mappers in general preferably DT but not farm mappers...
WitherMite
are there mappers who map specifically for dt that arent farm? i guess look for tournament dt pool maps and look at who mapped them
also, you posted in off topic, be ready for troll posts
samX500
This thread is not in the right section of the forums. This would belong in Gameplay & Ranking. It is fine to make mistake but you have to learn from them.

Now OT is going to take over your thread and derail it into oblivion because that is what we do here in OT.
Lapizote
still waiting for a derailing of this thread.

Jonarwhal
i am my favorite dt mapper
and you can help by hyping my maps
WitherMite

Jonarwhal wrote:

i am my favorite dt mapper
and you can help by hyping my maps
lel
abraker
Mod this map

WitherMite

abraker wrote:

Mod this map

-the top left doesnt make sense imo: the water there should have icebergs at least
-all the bridges need to be redone, a bridge the size of an entire town made out of wood? yea right
-both castles have their gates facing the water and not the path, breaks immersion imo; maybe move them back a tile and connect the path to the castle in the green area
-in conclusion i think your map is pretty good, but its bad and you should feel bad.
sorry for short, blunt mod; no kudos pls
ClevelandsMyBro

abraker wrote:

Mod this map

yello
mod from ot

-drown the middle island (the one that has 3 bridges) for more frustrating gameplay
-chop down that one tree on the top right for better consistency

map is finished tbh, call bn
Jonarwhal

abraker wrote:

Mod this map

well it seems like you're really really into gridmapping. while there's nothing wrong with that in a vacuum, it's worth noting that you're a newer mapper and we probably shouldn't try any techniques that are too advanced for your first map. And i wouldn't be bring it up if you did it perfectly, you didn't. Some maps have too many circles and other have too many sliders, but yours is lacking in both. The music, (which is pretty soft, maybe normalize the mp3 file?) doesn't really feel represented by your rhythm choice. the center small island, let's call that a circle, it's the only circle in that map, the rest is sliders and it doesn't look like you put a lot of thought into where they should end... also, you forgot to fill the screen with objects.
it's cute though? i guess?
z0z

abraker wrote:

Mod this map

the water under the bridges is less deep than the water without bridges for some reason

i think there's too many rivers, combining some land together wouldn't hurt

volcanic land should be much further from the rest of the landmasses than its current position and it shouldn't be connect by a bridge at all

i would call for a remap but i think it can be improved in its current state
ninore
don't play DT play HD or HDHR
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

Mod this map

yo

so i really like the aesthetic appeal of this map, it's got pretty much all of it's flavors, more of a jack-of-all-trades kind of deal, which i love

personally, having bridges is -fine-, but i've always enjoyed travelling by either an airship, or boat, so maybe it's more of how i usually do things, but it generally feels weird having a bridge to the volcano island, which really doesn't make sense, considering there isn't any road on it, like the other core islands

not really sure what the square inbetween all of them does, all it serves is a transportation hub, which again, isn't really big in the franchise of making maps

i think there's an excessive amount of mountains, feels like alot of wasted potential, and could free up a bit especially in the winter landscape, the volcano ones are fine, and i sorta like how the other two are, but the winter mountains look a bit too much imo

i really like the three tiny islands in the top right, adds a bit of good variety which is pleasent

not really a big fan of the two in the bottom, but that's alright

call me back for a recheck
ninore

abraker wrote:

Mod this map

it's a very meh map. you could do a lot better. maybe make some custom sprites? there are a lot of tutorials for making custom sprites for RPG Maker MV (you ARE using MV, right?)
YyottaCat

abraker wrote:

Mod this map

-Like WitherMite said, both of the castles have their gates facing the water instead of the path.

-Too many rivers. Put things together more.

-The one block islands are honestly unneccessary.

-Too small.

-Biome change is too dramatic.

-Otherwise it's OK.
Winnyace

abraker wrote:

Mod this map

things I don't like:
inaccessible islands
it looks pretty spartan, with not much to do
weird island in the middle with no purpose. the paths split for no reason. it doesn't feel like an axis mundi at all
both castles face the water
the snow land is predominant mountains; that is a cool concept, but the objective that you have to clear in that part of the map doesn't go through the mountains or in them.
the interesting things like forests, mountains, etc are just decoration and not necessary to pass through to progress from castle to castle
things I like:
changes in atmosphere. like how we go from a tropical island to a snow, with plain old plains in between them