forum

Osu Skin Creator [DEV PAUSED]

posted
Total Posts
show more
KinkiN

Kagurame wrote:

if you want to learn a bit i could show you ruby, its really easy to use.

If you understand ruby than you could help if you want ;)
Can u teach me? if it's okay with you
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
pixeldesu: now i have comitted, but its "unsynced", what does this mean? (see spoiler)
Otonashi Yuzuru: Yes (: Its ok for me, i get programming guides in real life (on ruby, too) and so i can train my english and know new people ^^

State
The code base is created.
osc loading existing skin files (and analize) if an correct osu! directory given (osc ensure that and correct directory is given).
welcome screen is completed, the options section nearly (it missing only a back button ^^)

rmxp engine does not support mouse or keyboard! in osc mouse and key board are working now, the code for this is not complete my own, but edited and working now.

osc is showing the osu cursor as default mouse cursor now.

I´m planning to make osc byself skinnable, and all skinfiles which are used and usable for osu will be automatically merged to each skin you are creating (for example you´re using in each skin the same mouse cursor, so overwrite the osc mouse cursor). Would you like this?

pixeldesu
@Kagurame: Click on that "Publish" button on the top there, then you make your first commit :3

[Edit:] You do that, what I wrote above after you did that what I sent you via PM.
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
The Repo on GitHub is working. You can always download the current published version and view the code and the changes.

I hope you like it ^-^
Read the readme file before running some stuff!

View repo at GitHub
Lelion
This sounds really really awesome, can't wait to see it in action!
kinolee
Just passing by to indicate my interest and encouragement for the project. I can't wait to see what this looks like in the future, and I'm excited to maybe use it myself! Best of luck to ya <3
Anzo
Good luck with this neat program of yours...
Kyujuroku 96
When Its finished PM me so I can include it on my Project Compilation thread.
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
what thread does you mean? O.o
Kyujuroku 96
This thread. As long as you are interested

EDIT: Bah, I going to add it anyway
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
Update
The last few days i´ve worked on a few tricky functions... :)

But its working (the functions).

1. Added skinnable files
  2. Clean up loads and calls for better performance and better code style
  3. Added Labels
  4. Added Full working File Browser (e.g. for selecting your personally osu dir)
  5. Added list selecting field (e.g. which hard drive while browsing somewhere or creating a beatmap skin / full osu skin)
The Update on github will follow this days.

Note: The background is only the background for me. Each user can select own graphics next to the standard graphics. Same for the mouse cursor.
look here:

If a graphic too big for a view, osc automatically scale down this graphic ;)
So my bg picture is 1024 * 786, osc scaled it down to 640 * 480.
Sakisan
When you edit the first post you should add the date of the edit, because "the last few days" could have been any time between now and 4 months ago.

Also you could add the link to github on the first post too. I think I'll have a look at it over a week or 2 to see how I could improve it.
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
Update 9th june 2013

So... i´ve began to develop the skin create area!
today i´ve programmed a little skin preview box. This box shows the hitcircle, playfield, button-overlay, xh ranking graphic, mouse cursor and diff star from the referented skin.

In a new overview you can select if you wnt to create a new skin (left on screen), edit a skin from skins folder (middle, auto detected) or edit the last edited skin (right, here disabled because i never edited a skin ;) ).

Also i commited all code from the last days.

please load it, install rpg maker xp - rgss player (i´ll commit the installation for this this night on github) and test it under windows 7 or windows 8. I´m working on windows xp and cant test all functions (such as the file browser in options screen)

thank your ;)

@Sakisan: Date added in first post, link added in first post ;)
Tekkles
Purged
grumd
Visual Basic is generally not the best choice to develop software. I suggest you to learn C-like languages (I like C# the most actually).
But despite that, the idea of this program is very nice, keep going!
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
Update 10th june 2013

Today i´ve began to develop a stup application for osc.
This app is - in figurative sense - a border for osc.

The app starts and ends osc, take some tasks for osc (e.g. skin analizing, with rb 16 minutes, vb one minute by 20000 files) and will do things which ruby cant do (read osu dir from registry for example).

The correspondence between this software part are working about files (like Task_ or Note_ / Rewsponse_), because ruby can only import c dll´s :/
One of the best thinks now is than the stub is automatically take some actions which takes some time - osc doesnt matter it. But osc can require some datas from the stub and the stub has calculated before (e.g. current available skin files). So the most parts could be faster if they needed.

The next days i´ll spend so much time in this project (this week) because i have to do private much things.
[N]ear
8-)
-Ryosuke
Greatest idea ever.
Cannot wait.
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
I´ve created a list of some stuff - a part is important, some of this not really...

SPOILER
Notes to osc dev directory

NOTIFY

OSCStub.exe will start Game.exe and other important stuff (see source code or following documentation)
Game.exe will start the programm.
At this time osc is not multilanguage. It will be reimplemented later

DIRECTORIES

.git git hub system directoy (don´t tuch!)
Audio contains required Audio files. Loading from this in Lib/System/Audio.rb
Data contains the main code - this loading additional code
Graphics contains required graphics - sorted in sub directories. most of sub folders are obsulete!
Graphics/SkinFiles the default osu! skin
Kagurame userfolder dev system win 7 Kagu-chan
Kai userfolder dev system win xp Kagu-chan
Lib contains the main code - see Lib/Load.rb for details. Lib/Run.rb runs the code
Shared contains language files and temp dir
Shared/Temp maybe obsulete!
StubDev contains the dev files of the stub. Look in source for more details or following documentation of this
VBDev Other obsulete! Old dev dir of skin reader. Skin reader is implemented in stub now. Will be deleted if stub is working!
Messages interface Stub => OSC
Tasks interface OSC => Stub
osuSkins temp skin directory from stub. Stub analize skin files and puts files here. OSC catch scin files from there to user folder

FILES

.gitattributes git hub system file (don´t tuch!)
.gitignore git hub system file (don´t tuch!)
Game.exe OSC main app. Dont start it manually.
Game.ini ini file for osc. Version info and required script files stored here.
Game.rxproj main engine file from osc. Don´t tuch!
Homescreen Script.txt design skript.
PlayerInstall.rar required rgss player installation directory. unpack and install to use osc.
README.md git hub system file (don´t tuch!)
Test-script.txt design coding and testing file.
Todo kagu.txt germand notifications for main developer
osusk.ico main icon of osc.
Game_original.exe backup file. obsulete!
OSCStub_original.exe backup file. obsulete!
OSCStub.exe osc stub. run this to run osc!
NOTES this file.
Data/Scripts.rxdata main code of osc. include load and run routines and keyboard adresses (don´t tuch!)

USERFOLDER

OSC_Skin contains nothing normally. Copy own files in this to overrite osc graphics or create default files for skins. Looking for correct filename!
SkinData contains stored skin preferences (file lists). (don´t tuch!)
Log.txt user´s log file. send me this file if you have some errors or problems. Will be overwritten each osc start.
SkinCache.skd complete osu skin files file list. (don´t tuch!)
startup.ini this configuration file for osc. will be load at first.
usersettings.ini your settings.

STUB STUFF

* analize osu skin files at begin
* copy analized skin file lists to user folder
* finding out osu install directory
* creating user folder with default files

OSCStub is controlled via special task files in tasks directory. Don´t create files by hand.
OSCStub is creating special notes files in messages directory. Don´t create files by hand.
OSCStub ends automatically if OSC stopped.
OSC don´t stop if OSCStub stopped.
Osu could startet from OSCStub, right-clicking notify bar icon and select your function.
Left-clicking the icon brings OSC to foreground and get system focus on it.

FILE EXTENSIONS

*.skd skin filelists. Its an acronym to SKin Data. Normally it contains big file lists of your osu skin files and story board files.

UPCOMING UPDATESYSTEM

osc load all his code and then don´t need the directory "Lib". So OSCStub will update files if OSC running. Replace old files and
send a message via Messages directory interface - OSC notify user for new version. Only restart osc. A function to restart OSC
will be implemented in OSCStub, but no auto restart function. OSCStub looking in intervalls for updates and maybe the user is working
on a skin which is not compiled.

OSCStub will update via an integrated updater (not implemented at this time).
The update path will be changable in Game.ini file. OSC copy it self to temp directory of the computer system.
This copy will startet with special parameters, this copy download new files. At programm ending (normally) or forced at start(special
notes in update files) the update files will be changed to programm files (renaming). OSC stub will have a minimal file size.

OSC FILE SIZE

A lot of dev copies (skin related) existing. So the directory size is over 100 mb at this time.
The using version will contains the rgss player (23 mb), code files and osc graphics (~1 mb) and the template skin files (~ 10 mb,
will be sorted out for skinnable and not skinnable files).
So osc has in real a file size of ~~ 35 mb, the maximum i´m thinking about is 50 mb.

139,5 kb of this used by code - the rest been graphics or created own files (e.g. *.skd)
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
A big list of changes and updates is available :)

And the newest version is on the github servers available.
Thanks to Jolice for much testing :)

SPOILER
+29.06.2013
+removed some dev code from vb projects and some files from there. Removed OsuSkinReader (unused now)
+
+
+29.06.2013
+removed unused class variable from plugin script. Also removed old accessor (id)
+
+
+29.06.2013
+Fixed loading bug in plugins. Deactivated plugins are now accessible in the application.
+
+
+29.06.2013
+Changed Load.rb-Pattern of PlugIns. So description is in this file and a name of a settingsclass (could booth be clear strings)
+
+
+30.06.2013
+changed reg key for osu! to the correct value (win 7 / xp / vista etc.
+
+
+30.06.2013
+removed old temp dir clearing routine
+
+
+30.06.2013
+removed old read_files_recursively-routine (unused)
+
+
+30.06.2013
+removed externals directory and code file - unused
+
+
+30.06.2013
+added "activate_back_button" for Context_Base (activate it, call update - super and overwrite exit to exit the current context)
+
+
+30.06.2013
+added PlugIns-section into options. Not Implemented Message at this time
+
+
+30.06.2013
+removed a old obsolete marked function
+
+
+30.06.2013
+removed senseless print and p calls
+
+
+30.06.2013
+added infotext to back button in skin scenes
+
+
+04.07.2013
+added console debug output
+
+
+04.07.2013
+redirect print & p to console (puts)
+
+
+04.07.2013
+p & print could be deactivated or activated ($___p; $___print)
+
+
+04.07.2013
+added object debug inspect method (puts - console)
+
+
+06.07.2013
+added exception logging and logging to debug console
+
+
+06.07.2013
+add plugins scene
+
+
+06.07.2013
+click on osu dir in options opens your osu directory in explorer now
+
+
+07.07.2013
+added settings to example plugin
+
+
+08.07.2013
+button "change skin type" now working
+
+
+08.07.2013
+added load skin context
+
+
+08.07.2013
+removed disposing issue in scene skin (context startup)
+
+
+10.07.2013
+added scrollable skin select preview class (SkinContainer)
+
+
+10.07.2013
+removed senseless and buggy code from window_base
+
+
+10.07.2013
+disbaled plugin view when no plugins installed
+
+
+10.07.2013
+VERSION (NAME: 'Osu! Skin Creator V0.9.13.128') PUBLISHED ON 10.07.2013
Compa
bump?
Black Wolf159
Omg Kagu-chan. This is fabulous!
A lot people to be in accordance with this plan, no one will without their skin :)
I'll tell this to a friend

My English is so bad...

Succeses~
4ndr3w18
Ohhh great kagu-chan i cant wait until you have this out of the testing part and fully working i mean there are so many possibilities this would be great :D keep the great work kagu-chan
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
Sorry for long time without response by me ._.

In my sommer holidays i lost a lot of my work - because my laptop crashed.
The last version is this on git hub.

Currently i´m in planing phase - a better concept is required because ruby is so slow.
I´m working on, but have to do a lot privat for highschool planned in march.

Sorry and greeting, Kagu-chan.

New ideas - New technic
The third technic at this time, i know.
But i remarked that Ruby is simply to slow for this type of application.
The last few weeks i testet a lot and now i will try out a new way.

It will be a Visual Basic application again.
This application download the current API version from a web server. Graphics will be drawn with HTML / CSS.

The layout will be the same - but new functions will be available:
Because the api is stored on a server, the software always runs with the newest version. If there are required local files, it could be simply downloaded at runtime.
Visual Basic could simply interact with the servers - so it will give a login (optionally) to store some settings global for you (you can work on more computers with same settings without transporting more than the small app). Also you can share your skins directly with the app or look for other skins from other users.
A support system will be integratet - With the application you can report bugs or take future requests - Notifications about this will be shown at startup for you (if you are an user) and some other peoples (if you want to see future requests they will be shown in the application).
Change log entries will be shown one time at startup if you´re registrated.

The app could be runned offline, shure. But one time it has to be runned with internet to catch the latest API files.

You could download the louncher here: LINK.
At best the application has a own directiory.

Greetings, Kagu-chan.
milkcookie

Kagu-chan wrote:

Sorry for long time without response by me ._.

In my sommer holidays i lost a lot of my work - because my laptop crashed.
The last version is this on git hub.

Currently i´m in planing phase - a better concept is required because ruby is so slow.
I´m working on, but have to do a lot privat for highschool planned in march.

Sorry and greeting, Kagu-chan.

New ideas - New technic
The third technic at this time, i know.
But i remarked that Ruby is simply to slow for this type of application.
The last few weeks i testet a lot and now i will try out a new way.

It will be a Visual Basic application again.
This application download the current API version from a web server. Graphics will be drawn with HTML / CSS.

The layout will be the same - but new functions will be available:
Because the api is stored on a server, the software always runs with the newest version. If there are required local files, it could be simply downloaded at runtime.
Visual Basic could simply interact with the servers - so it will give a login (optionally) to store some settings global for you (you can work on more computers with same settings without transporting more than the small app). Also you can share your skins directly with the app or look for other skins from other users.
A support system will be integratet - With the application you can report bugs or take future requests - Notifications about this will be shown at startup for you (if you are an user) and some other peoples (if you want to see future requests they will be shown in the application).
Change log entries will be shown one time at startup if you´re registrated.

The app could be runned offline, shure. But one time it has to be runned with internet to catch the latest API files.

You could download the louncher here: LINK.
At best the application has a own directiory.

Greetings, Kagu-chan.

Program doesn't work...
it said 'we are working on'
when are you going to make it work?
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
I have to do a lot of stuff in my private life and have some issues on the software currently. It will update automatically if i upload a working version.
I will get response in this thread then.
milkcookie
Is there any ways that i could use past version?
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
The last version (github) is not usable - the main functions are not programmed xD
Get Ya Glory
At the moment i cant even download this software? all it does is bring me to a error link?