forum

Add Toggle for Slider Behavior on Hidden (standard mode)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +307
show more
knjiga
I always felt like the reason for sliders not working like this was due to performance issues.
Xivaxi

knjiga wrote:

I always felt like the reason for sliders not working like this was due to performance issues.
I'm pretty sure this is the reason. Sliders to fade from one end to the other would be a lot more demanding on the system than just fading the whole object. Snaking sliders are significantly less demanding, and they're still optional due to performance issues.

It would be nice to at least see this implemented in the test build or some other form so people can see how it actually plays and how it impacts performance. Personally I'm kind of finding it awkward trying to imagine how playing like this would be.
Kluddio
If this gets added a new amount for bonus score ( 0,06 ) should be be added too,
It gets harder so it should be higher.
theowest

Cloudio-san wrote:

If this gets added a new amount for bonus score ( 0,06 ) should be be added too,
I disagree. I'm sure everyone would agree that Hardrock is harder than Hidden mod, and currently they're at the same score multiplier. This would make it more even.
Zare

theowest wrote:

Cloudio-san wrote:

I disagree. I'm sure everyone would agree that Hardrock is harder than Hidden mod, and currently they're at the same score multiplier. This would make it more even.
It depends. Always.
But I actually don't see how this would make Hidden harder. You wouldn't see the slider track, but if you can read fading circles you can read fading sliders as well. It's not like you actually directly look at every slider when playing Hidden. It's more like you realize it's there and then instantly look for the next object.
There are exceptions, of course.
[Luanny]
please no.
Mismagius
"1. Remove the layer of memorization from HD which is not in spirit of this mod."

because longer sliders totally won't require memorization
[Luanny]
plus, sliders with weird shape and high sv will be a pain to follow
jesse1412

[Luanny] wrote:

please no.
SunBurn
This issue has to be cleared... Support from me!
Topic Starter
Aqo

Blue Dragon wrote:

because longer sliders totally won't require memorization
why, what? long sliders will not require any more memorization than a line of 1/2 circles.

LEARN TO READ TICKS
Oinari-sama
What's this tick thingy?
Topic Starter
Aqo

Every red/blue line indicates one movement of a 1/2 on the timeline. I guess most people don't actually read aim and just lazily flow on dots!
But if you read aim this style of HD is wonderful and completely readable. Memorizing long sliders? pfft, more like, learn to read sliders.

The fade on sliders should follow the tick rate the same way it follows tempo as circles fade and it reads exactly the same way too. If you can read circles on HD there's no reason you wouldn't be able to read sliders with this HD style.
Zare

[Luanny] wrote:

plus, sliders with weird shape and high sv will be a pain to follow
These are hard to follow anyway, even w/o HD.
Also, with Hidden it would be similar to fast spaced streams, they are just as hard to follow.
Mismagius
the problem is when it's too fast to be sightreadable, most long sliders have some unpredictable shapes (e.g. Why Am I So Angry), that'd be pretty much impossible to FC +HD unless you memorize all of them. And since you guys are trying to take out the "memorization" part, it doesn't make much sense.
Wishy
If the slider will disappear progressively then you shoudln't have any trouble.
Oinari-sama

Wishy wrote:

You mean like a collapsing bridge in movie/anime instead of the whole bar just vanish? That could work.
Zare

Oinari-sama wrote:

Wishy wrote:

You mean like a collapsing bridge in movie/anime instead of the whole bar just vanish? That could work.
You should read the OP. That's exactly what Aqo requested..
Topic Starter
Aqo
Yes exactly.
Sliders don't fade instantly, they fade over time following the rate of the ticks which produces exactly the same fade effect as what circles get.
Try to look at how a spaced stream looks on HD, this is pretty much how sliders should look like with this.
Mismagius
Also, this seems like a shameless attempt from "boohoo FL sucks" "pro"-players to remove HD+FL from all scoreboards, because it will be completely impossible on most maps.
Kurangceret
I don't support this because of various reason..... Please don't make this happen.
jesse1412

Blue Dragon wrote:

Also, this seems like a shameless attempt from "boohoo FL sucks" "pro"-players to remove HD+FL from all scoreboards, because it will be completely impossible on most maps.
No this just seems like a shitty, bad idea for people to waste stars on.
Zare

jesus1412 wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

No this just seems like a shitty, bad idea for people to waste stars on.
Mind explaining what's bad about it, except for the fact that it's...a change?
Topic Starter
Aqo

Blue Dragon wrote:

FLHD will work exactly as it did before. You still have to memorize the map.

Besides what's the problem if this is added as a toggle a.la. same style as DT/NC and SD/PF? People who like old HD can use old HD, people who want new HD use new HD, both have same multiplier of 1.06.
[Luanny]
new HD should have a higher multiplier for HDFL then
following sliders with FL is ok, nothing so hard but FL with this new hd... you simply doesn't know where to go lol this is unfair
again, sliders with weird shape will be impossible to follow
memorizing notes placement is easier than memorizing shapes
you just need to go straight to the next note. for sliders you need to know exactly where you're going, aka it will be even harder
if this is added as a new mod it is ok.
Topic Starter
Aqo

[Luanny] wrote:

you simply doesn't know where to
Let me say this again

learn to read ticks

they give you an indication of where to move the same way as circles do
I will have no problem following the weirdest sliders on shotgun symphony+ with this HD style because I can simply plan the movement on their ticks and it's easy as hell.
For somebody who has no trouble reading sliders, this HD isn't any harder than regular HD, thus it should have the exact same multiplier. This HD is more convenient in dealing with stacks under sliders as well as dealing with consistency of AR, neither of which is a real difficulty, it's more like fake difficulty that is - right now - solved by grinding/memorization and this style of HD would allow to remove this memorization aspect and allow people to enjoy HD in the true spirit of the mod (which is short-term planning ahead).
theowest
it would certainly be fun just to try it out, on the test build perhaps.
Mismagius

Aqo wrote:

[Luanny] wrote:

you simply doesn't know where to
Let me say this again

learn to read ticks

they give you an indication of where to move the same way as circles do
I will have no problem following the weirdest sliders on shotgun symphony+ with this HD style because I can simply plan the movement on their ticks and it's easy as hell.
For somebody who has no trouble reading sliders, this HD isn't any harder than regular HD, thus it should have the exact same multiplier. This HD is more convenient in dealing with stacks under sliders as well as dealing with consistency of AR, neither of which is a real difficulty, it's more like fake difficulty that is - right now - solved by grinding/memorization and this style of HD would allow to remove this memorization aspect and allow people to enjoy HD in the true spirit of the mod (which is short-term planning ahead).
why am i so angry [nogard].

the ending.

okay, all of your arguments are invalid, you can lock this thread now.

VoidnOwO
:oops:
Starz0r

BRBP wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

the ending.

Ok, one of your unranked maps has sliders that aren't sight readable with this new mod (but are with FL :?: ). Let's not make any changes to the game because of that.
He is trying to say that speedsliders (such in his map and many other APPROVED maps) would make this mod much horrific. Probably making maps much harder for the wrong reason.
[Luanny]
I was talking about HDFL.
js.
btw good luck on playing that Usatei map HDFL
those sliders... hue
Mismagius
pretty much ANY ranked map with tick rate 1 and fast sliders is completely impossible, lol
[Luanny]
oh btw forgot to say
tick DOES NOT give enough indication of how the slider shape is
you can have a curvy slider and follow it like a straight line (again talking about HDFL)
you may break it lel
how do we even see the ticks with FL when the sv is high?
sliders are meant to be followed, not to be hidden.
Saikain
could you have a smart scoring system in place to give you an extra 0.1x multiplyer ontop of the 0.6x for hidden if both hd+fl are selected? this would show reflect the difficuty of the multiple mods. that end in nastyness. however if this where to happen old high scores on easy maps could be decimated by additional 0.1x multiplier.
Tshemmp
@ Luanny & BD: Yeah what. So you say HD gets harder. And? Problem? Doesn't it make way more sense if the sliders where fading? Just take a look at the picture in the OP. I mean, some maps are nearly impossible to HR, why shouldn't there be maps which are nearly impossible to HD?
jesse1412
I changed my mind, you're right. I can't do hd and I can't do fl so let's make them both harder for everyone.

I'm serious +1
jemhuntr
support, as long as reverse arrows stay visible.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Blue Dragon wrote:

the ending.

Guess what BD
I played your map
Those sliders are easy as hell to read with ticks
This style of HD won't make them any harder at all
stop being bad at reading sliders
your arguments are invalid kthxbye

BRBP wrote:

Ok, one of your unranked maps has sliders that aren't sight readable blah blah
NO, STOP

it's readable

gosh you guys are so bad

Blue Dragon wrote:

pretty much ANY ranked map with tick rate 1 and fast sliders is completely impossible, lol
That's because tick rate 1 on a map that's mapped with 1/2s and not 1/1s is fcking stupid and it should be unrankable because it's impossible to even read that nomod.

And with that said, sliders with tick rate 1 only require you to be on the slider body on every 1/1 (where the tick is) and you can go out and dance around all you want between them, so even on those, you can just follow the ticks and still FC them.

[Luanny] wrote:

oh btw forgot to say
tick DOES NOT give enough indication of how the slider shape is
yes they do
you don't really have to follow slider shapes, you only need to follow their ticks.
that weird slider in the end of talent shredder? ticks tell you exactly how to follow it.
those weird shellfish sliders on airman? ticks tell you exactly how to follow them
lern2sliders pls

[Luanny] wrote:

talking about HDFL
you may break it lel
how do we even see the ticks with FL when the sv is high?
sliders are meant to be followed, not to be hidden.
FL is a memorization mod. If something is unreadable on FL, it's not a problem, because guess what, FL is ALREADY unreadable.

akronicillness wrote:

could you have a smart scoring system in place to give you an extra 0.1x multiplyer ontop of the 0.6x for hidden if both hd+fl are selected?
no no no no no
this is completely unnecessary
this doesn't need any special multipliers at all
scoring-wise this should be the EXACT SAME as current hidden, since it reads the exact same except you can't be lazy on sliders anymore

Just make it a drag-over mod with the same multiplier and then I don't see what the problem is? people who cry "unreadable sliders" can still use old HD and get the exact same score as always and as anybody else, and people who know how to read sliders and don't want to deal with the annoyance of under-slider-stacks can use this new HD and read the full map HD-style (and not just the circles) and in return avoid the memorization aspect which is befitting of FL and not HD.
Mismagius

Aqo wrote:

FL is a memorization mod. If something is unreadable on FL, it's not a problem, because guess what, FL is ALREADY unreadable.
I don't like FL so let's make it difficult for people who like it UAEHUAEHEAUHEAUHEAUEA

aqo logic
Topic Starter
Aqo

Blue Dragon wrote:

Aqo wrote:

I don't like FL so let's make it difficult for people who like it UAEHUAEHEAUHEAUHEAUEA

aqo logic
Except how does this make anything harder if you can still use the old HD, which means IT PLAYS EXACTLY THE SAME?

Just because it's possible to Nightcore maps now it doesn't mean you're not allowed to use old DT anymore.

~ updated the topic title, just for you BD ~
show more