forum

Them 6:53am MMO feels

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zelda

Vext wrote:

And I will log on and enjoy that greatly assuming tera ever fixes the frame drop issue they gave me since valentines day. It would be wonderful to be able to log on and do more than a few dailies at 5 fps.
Do you happen to have an nvidia graphics card and haven't rebooted in a long time ?
Vext_old

Zelda wrote:

Vext wrote:

And I will log on and enjoy that greatly assuming tera ever fixes the frame drop issue they gave me since valentines day. It would be wonderful to be able to log on and do more than a few dailies at 5 fps.
Do you happen to have an nvidia graphics card and haven't rebooted in a long time ?
Yeah it's Nvidia. I miss Radeon, I rarely had issues with that one in games. Though interestingly enough, when the game launched all of my friends with Radeon were having the same style of issue. I believe this company has hired shitty coders. Supposedly K-TERA has never had these issues at least for more than a few days. I tried damn everything; drivers, rewriting the game configs, altering the power limits. No matter what I do, the stupid game will not use my god damn GPU past like 40% and keeps trying to push it all onto the CPU and pumps my RAM to the limit. The most I could do was up most of it to be like 15 frames with constant random hiccups. I'm able to do laggy ass dailies and that is about it.

To top it all off I'm the luckiest mother fucker in the world because not only did I get the frame drop bug since the update, but now I have the one where it kicks you out every couple of minutes for no raisin.
Zelda
Oh, that's awful D:
But have you checked your graphics card's clock speeds while TERA gets stuck at 5 FPS ? Nvidia has had a silly bug for a while, making GPU get stuck at idle speeds. Though I'm not suuuuuuuuure if that bug still exists !
Love
Hi Vext, I heard you needed help.

http://puu.sh/251qv
http://puu.sh/251qM

Then go to your TERA folder, Client > S1Game > Config

Open up S1Engine.ini

Find [Engine.GameEngine]

Change the following to
MinSmoothedFrameRate=60
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

Then when you open TERA, change your settings to 4 if you have a below a 660Ti, 5 or 6 if higher. Make sure "Lighting Enrichment" is at 2.
dNextGen

Dulcet wrote:

I always feel disgusted with myself every time I stay up all night playing any type of games. :/
yup
Vext_old

Zelda wrote:

Oh, that's awful D:
But have you checked your graphics card's clock speeds while TERA gets stuck at 5 FPS ? Nvidia has had a silly bug for a while, making GPU get stuck at idle speeds. Though I'm not suuuuuuuuure if that bug still exists !
Well, the bug everyone is getting is just that actually, several people with nvidia 500 series cards are not being able to use them past like 40%. Something they did on the last update screwed it up and nothing I change seems to fix it, or it doesn't stick. Found a couple of things but every time tera loads up it overwrites what I changed and reverts it to the default setting.

Love wrote:

Hi Vext, I heard you needed help.

http://puu.sh/251qv
http://puu.sh/251qM

Then go to your TERA folder, Client > S1Game > Config

Open up S1Engine.ini

Find [Engine.GameEngine]

Change the following to
MinSmoothedFrameRate=60
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

Then when you open TERA, change your settings to 4 if you have a below a 660Ti, 5 or 6 if higher. Make sure "Lighting Enrichment" is at 2.
Aw, thanks hon, but sadly I've already tried this. The most irritating part is the fact that I previously was running at 100% max settings. Now I can be at full or 0 on everything and have the same result. I'm thinking I will just have to wait for em to fix it since the only thing I have not tried is wiping my pc... Which I have been meaning to do since it is getting filled up with stupid shit and it's been a while. Ugh but I am so lazy...
Kaona

dNextGen wrote:

Dulcet wrote:

I always feel disgusted with myself every time I stay up all night playing any type of games. :/
yup
Love
Oh, well then, at least I tried :\
Vext_old
Well I am not 100% sure what combination of these settings worked BUT I think I fixed it somehow... Last time I entered Fane of Kaprima I got 5 fps for some unknown raisin, now I am at a smooth 36 and the hiccups appear to be gone in areas where they made no sense. I think it had something to do with vsync but not 100% sure, don't care, it seems to be functional at preset 6, all that matters.
Yarissa
36 fps isn't really smooth if you ask me
Vext_old
In instances it's not that uncommon for the fps to drop to the 30's or 40's, the performance doesn't suffer any really. Though it seems I spoke too early because this game hates me and now I am having input lag issues and the framerate dropped again from being almost normal to being fairly subpar. I QUIT I QUIT I QUIT. No more tera for Vext, this game hates me so bad! Ima go play xbox and be emo.
Zelda
Vext noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

How will we troll dungeons together if you're busy playing xbox ?!
IppE
You don't.
Zelda
You're such a partypooper.
Vext_old
*sigh* Well I really did not feel like bothering anymore but someone from my guild sent me a bunch of modified game files and stuff and told me to try this overly complex thing that practically was rocket science and at one point I had 36 windows open with things I was altering, I sent a screenshot to FisHie and he didn't even realize it was a screenshot and thought it was abstract art or something. Also he was afraid of numbers and letters.

Well every time I say I think I fixed it, the problem comes roaring back, so I'm not gonna say it.

In Velika, with every single setting maxed, and at highest resolution.

Hopefully I'll actually get to play with you at some point lol
Topic Starter
ztrot
if you get more than 5 frames at nexus your pc is beast
FrzR
Gods Eater Burst, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, and Final Fantasy 012 Dissida Duodecim on my PSP. Went to bed by 5am. :|
Zelda

I beat RNG !
Sakura
I Jelly
Zelda
/o/ I did a Nexus with Vextibuns !
Vext_old

3: Now who will I talk to...
Sakura
inb4 CoD message
she_old
Vext wrote:
Can I have a copy of that, or a new story? з:
Yarissa
Vext writes the best stories.
she_old

Kaoru wrote:

Vext writes the best stories.
Hands off you slut, his stories are mine.
Zelda

Guess the other team was too heavy for those three to carry.
Vext_old

Self-explanatory.
Zelda
Wait, what

That's a waste of popcorn D: