forum

Osu!mania Wrist Pains

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkyNeonYT
Now, I am a constant Osu!mania player, so this seemed to just have happened for me. I played every day for about an hour each for nearly two months, and it seems my dominant wrist (left) is getting cramped halfway into difficult songs. One of these songs made my wrist so painful I had to stop. Next day my wrist muscle was entirely sore (upper half of my arm) and had up until yesterday (four days). I decided to wait until today to start playing again, although I am still experiencing the wrist pains, though not as severe as when I forced myself to stop playing. These pains are just as they have been seven or eight days ago when it was a minor inconvenience. What is my next step to take? Just my simple five day break seemed to have lowered my skill more than expected, and I hope to find an alternative that does not make me do so repetitively.

EDIT: These pains only occur on fast maps such as ~270-300bpm or five-star difficulty on 4K, or anything that involves quick inputs for extended periods of time.
Evening
Are you available to see a doctor, or have you done so?
Topic Starter
SkyNeonYT

Evening wrote:

Are you available to see a doctor, or have you done so?
Yes, I understand that. May I ask for a simple clarification in these methods?

As well, I've been trying to avoid taking more time off since I do not wish to impact my skill as much as I have in a simple five days.

EDIT: One of the main questions I'd like to ask is, could it be a medical condition like RSI and be untreatable? Will I be able to continue increasing my skill in hard levels without worrying about discomfort and pain?

Also I would like to add I've tried wrapping a bandage around my arm to increase support but that hadn't impacted anything.
Evening
I can't answer much because I'm not a doctor, and I don't think most people here are, that's why the first person you should go to is a real doctor.

I wouldn't weigh osu mania skill over physical fitness, this game is temporary but some injuries can last much longer
[LS]PositoniX
you should be careful about the difficulty of maps you play. if you play something far harder than you are capable of constantly than you can easily injure yourself permanently. as evening said, most people here aren't doctors, so you should contact a doctor if your hand is constantly hurting.

on another note, if the difficulty of songs you're playing right now has this effect on your arms, you absolutely need to play easier maps, though ask a doctor about it beforehand. as evening said, you should prioritize your physical health over your performance in mania.
Bobbias
It sounds to me (I, like Evening am not a doctor, so take this with a grain of salt) that you probably pushed things too hard. Generally my understanding is that pain like that is an early warning sign. If you continue to push things too much, you could potentially develop an RSI.

Playing mania is not as important as your health and wellbeing, so I would advise you to get it checked out and follow whatever a doctor tells you, even if it means cutting back on how much you play mania.
yetii
Listen to your body. If your wrist is just tired from a lack of stamina take a short break. However if it becomes painfull stop playing and consult a professional like others have mentioned if it doesn't go away.