forum

Osu!mania Posture

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkyNeonYT
Being a top 50k player, I have noticed my left wrist had been getting sore while experiencing fast 3* or 4* maps. I have given weeks to allow my wrist to recover, so I believe it might be the posture I use. The posture I use is the normal way you would type on a standard keyboard, resting my fingers on ASDFJKL; and rest both of my thumbs on the spacebar, while pressing with my left thumb. Is this the correct posture, or could it be my posture that is causing cramps during intense gameplay?

I would also like to add that my left wrist is my dominant wrist, so I use it for other things such as throwing, writing, etc. The only thing I consitently do with my left hand is writing, as I am not active in sports.
Lights
is this a copypasta? I could have sworn I've read a very very similar post to this in the past.

If it is, then sorry i ruined the joke.
[LS]PositoniX
there's no such thing as a correct posture, other than sitting down on a chair and looking straight at your monitor. beyond that everything is based on preferance.

on another note, based on your other thread where you expressed concerns you might have gotten an injury from osu mania, in this case than ask a doctor.
Topic Starter
SkyNeonYT
I would like to point out I am using a Corsair K55 membrane keyboard without something to rest my wrists against other than the keyboard's rest itself. Could my keyboard be the cause of it? I also tend to hit my keyboard a little on the harder side, especially during 4.5-5* maps.
Trialith

Lights wrote:

is this a copypasta? I could have sworn I've read a very very similar post to this in the past.

Does this ring a bell?
I swear that's the first thing that came to mind as soon as I started reading lol
forsenbaj346

Trialith wrote:

Lights wrote:

Does this ring a bell?
I swear that's the first thing that came to mind as soon as I started reading lol
OMEGALUL PositioniX responding like hes the most experienced person in here, yet he doesnt recognize a copypasta xdddddddd
Lights

Trialith wrote:

Lights wrote:

Does this ring a bell?
HAHHHH, I KNEW IT!!!

wow, his second post is word for word, too.
[LS]PositoniX

forsenbaj346 wrote:

Trialith wrote:

Lights wrote:

Does this ring a bell?
OMEGALUL PositioniX responding like hes the most experienced person in here, yet he doesnt recognize a copypasta xdddddddd
i dont pay attention to copypastas, and since this person posted a post regarding a potential injury he had from osu mania i was worried about what could happen to him, now i just feel like a dumbass xD
Lights

PositoniX wrote:

forsenbaj346 wrote:

Trialith wrote:

Lights wrote:

Does this ring a bell?
i dont pay attention to copypastas, and since this person posted a post regarding a potential injury he had from osu mania i was worried about what could happen to him, now i just feel like a dumbass xD
Any post starting with something as silly as "Being a top X player" has a pretty good chance of being bait.