forum

Play Osu! using your DS as the mouse.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Click here for DS homebrew application.
This program let's you use the DS as your computer's mouse, so those of you without a tablet can use this as a work-around, if it works like it should.

I saw this recommended on GBAtemp, so although I haven't tried it, it should work nicely.
You need to be connected to the internet while on the DS, though, so make sure you have Wireless access, or the DS WiFi USB adapter.
RadioShadow
But you need a DS flash card to use this. :x
Kyle B_old
Wow! That's absolutely perfect! But I don't have wireless internet. Well...I guess it's not that perfect. :D
Loginer
There are other programs, that actually use the touch screen as a mouse AND a screen. Can't get them to work, though, because my DS has the new network card.
Gilrad
How do those work? I mean, I doubt the DS could render whatever your computer screen renders, and sending a video out via the wireless connection would probably be way too slow...
Echo

Gilrad wrote:

How do those work? I mean, I doubt the DS could render whatever your computer screen renders, and sending a video out via the wireless connection would probably be way too slow...
There was another homebrew called Win2DS which has a "control your PC from your DS" mode. It worked kinda like NDS Browser, with one screen as the whole computer screen and one zoomed in screen, with both screens swappable. Unfortunately, like you noted, it lacked speed. It takes a screenshot of the screen and sends it to the DS, about once every 2-5 seconds, which would be plenty of time to kill you.

I guess you use the 4 corners of the window (or the full screen mode) to approximate the position you have to tap, but that'd be too unreliable.

That said, I haven't tried this homebrew yet. All the above applies to Win2DS.
Loginer
Kai
is there a way to make the mouse more smoother or a program?
phill_old

Kai wrote:

is there a way to make the mouse more smoother or a program?
I doubt it. You best bet is to run full screen at the lowest res you can (640x480).