forum

Osu!mania Play Styles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkyNeonYT
I've been playing Osu!mania recently, and I've been noticing weirdness in performance. On my 27", 144hz, 2560x1440 display with a Corsair K55 Membrane keyboard, I've been getting lower accuracy than my 13", 60hz, 1366x768 Lenovo laptop w/ built-in membrane keyboard. I've been trying low-profile keyboards on my desktop, but I don't seem to be able to recreate the performance unless I lower my Osu resolution but not Windows resolution. What are some ideas that could show why this is the case, or anything I should change for future play styles, such as type of monitor?
timebombed
play the game more. accuracy is something that builds from experience. also you don't need the best setup to get better at the game but since you do have a good setup then there should be no problems for you in the future.
[LS]PositoniX
i see you're a pretty new mania player. as a new mania player a 144hz display wont give you too much of an advantage. i recommend you push your skill reasonably far before switching to 144hz. also, a higher resolution is hard to get used to. many people who i know that started with low res stayed on that low res as they improved (they got new monitors but stayed on their old res)

also: corsair keyboards are junk