forum

How to reset weighted pp?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cozyin
I've been informed that weighted pp forces you to get a high pp play to actually gain ranks, which kinda sucks.
Is there a way to delete your top plays and change your weighted pp, so u can gain ranks again?

(if yes, rip my galaxy collapse nomod pass)
WitherMite
no

i have a few std scores id delete if i could tho
Full Tablet
If you want to optimize your osu!mania ranking, deleting some of your scores wouldn't help you in any way, and would actually be detrimental. osu!mania pp is based only on the star ranking (which depends on the map and mods) and the score of the play, so having a certain score can't prevent you from getting more pp on a certain map (in osu!standard, pp also depends on miss count and accuracy, so in that case there are situations where it would be better to delete a previous score).
[LS]PositoniX
the higher pp you have on your higher top play, the less pp your lower pp plays are worth. deleting your top play, however ,wont make it any easier for you to gain ranks, and will actually make it harder since you will have more plays which are worth less. to farm pp you need to play harder/farmier maps. in the end of the day you will always have an overrated/farmy top play, and deleting it from your profile wont help you as when you farm you get another top play. this is just how mania pp farming is. if you want to gain ranks, you need to get yourself to play harder map.s
Topic Starter
cozyin
yeah but like

i have an arm injury
and i cant play 5* maps anymore? so i always get at most 2% weighted

and somehow every day IF i've played for a few hours, gained some ranks and go to bed, the next morning i still always end up never actually securing a higher rank. I dropped 3k ranks because of this stupid goddamn system.
[LS]PositoniX

Aureuszz wrote:

yeah but like

i have an arm injury
and i cant play 5* maps anymore? so i always get at most 2% weighted

and somehow every day IF i've played for a few hours, gained some ranks and go to bed, the next morning i still always end up never actually securing a higher rank. I dropped 3k ranks because of this stupid goddamn system.
if you have an arm injury that prevents you from playing maps harder than 5*, even than you're going to reach a limit to how high a rank you can reach very soon. there arent a lot of farmy maps in osu mania under 5* and due to mania's quality over quantity pp system, you can play every ranked map under 5* and still probably not reach a very high rank or a rank significantly higher than where you are right now. i reccomend that if you cant increase your rank too much due to your injury, you shouldnt bother trying to increase your rank that much, because you're going to reach a ceiling very soon and you're not going to be able to break through it whatsoever.
Bobbias
Believe it or not, pp was formulated specifically to allow players to eventually reach a point where gaining pp is effectively impossible if they are not constantly improving.

If you were to get a score on every single map with high enough star rating to give any pp after weighting, you would be guaranteed to have hit that point (depending on your exact skill at different patterns, you will probably reach that point before you've played every single map that could potentially give you pp).

This is so that pp represents your skill. It's designed to prevent farming score the way things were before pp was introduced. Back then, your best score on every map you played would add to your ranked score, which is what rank was based off. This meant that someone who plays a ton of maps could reach the same rank as someone who didn't play many maps, but was much better than them.

This weighting system is probably the most important part of pp, even though it's generally overlooked.
Topic Starter
cozyin
guess that makes sense but i'm not actually improving at all
Rikuka
got banned and unbanned again

-- no pls don't try this at home

you can't reset your pp
Zelzatter Zero

cozyin wrote:

guess that makes sense but i'm not actually improving at all
Calm down, take a break. You're going nowhere if you push yourself too much like that.

At this point it's more of the matter of you youself than the PP system. This is just a game, the point of the game is to give you entertainment not stress. If you have injury, focus on that first. I broke my left wrist before and I also used to think I would never improve ever again at that point, yet I'm now almost joining 5 digits.

Remember this is just a fucking game. There are things more important than this.