forum

Those who started with mouse and switched to tablet

posted
Total Posts
show more
Almost

Axelyte wrote:

Took me like a week, spinners got incredibly easy and I can finally do hard maps easily. I reckon mouse is better for detailed movement unless you're playing with full area.
Teach me to spin. >:(
Axelyte

enquire wrote:

Axelyte wrote:

Took me like a week, spinners got incredibly easy and I can finally do hard maps easily. I reckon mouse is better for detailed movement unless you're playing with full area.
Well firstly I'm left handed, but when I played with my right when I was using the mouse. So when I changed to tablet it was really easy for me to spin cause I'm used to writing and stuff with my left hand I guess? o.O I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can't spin at all with my right hand when I'm using the tablet.

And:
1. I spin counterclockwise
2. I play with minimal area on the tablet
3. I stick my cursor near directly on top of the middle on the spinner when I spin
Almost

Axelyte wrote:

enquire wrote:

Well firstly I'm left handed, but when I played with my right when I was using the mouse. So when I changed to tablet it was really easy for me to spin cause I'm used to writing and stuff with my left hand I guess? o.O I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can't spin at all with my right hand when I'm using the tablet.

And:
1. I spin counterclockwise
2. I play with minimal area on the tablet
3. I stick my cursor near directly on top of the middle on the spinner when I spin
I'm playing pen in right hand even though I'm left handed and when first got my tablet, I noticed I spun faster and my aim was better with my right hand to begin with. But dropping from my previous average of 350 rpm spins on my mouse to 200 rpm on my tablet is far from ridiculous.
[Luanny]
how 2 spin with minimal area?
srsly I don't know how to do it and I can't play with a larger area than that

I can feel it is easier now to spin with a pen but I still have almost the same rpm as using mouse, aka 250~320 :v
Dekonare
Few hours. I started with shitty Trust but it was still pretty easy after few hours. Few days later I got Bamboo and my gameplay improved a lot.
loldcraft
I initially switched back because it made some songs (esp those with small circles) worse for me. Then i realised how to helped songs with jumps. My only use for the tablet now is the spinner, but evertime i get lazy to pick up the pen and there, an underused tablet.
qlum
I played with a tablet for a while (a rather old bamboo) however I found that while my aim was not that much worse with it then with my mouse I still prefer my mouse because I find controlling the mouse more fun. Also in most cases what is holding me back is the speed at which I can spam for those stupid overused streams (I really hope mappers will stop overusing them some day) although in some cases especially with sliders it is my mouse I find that I don't want the extra potential advantage the tablet gives me.
Da Holy One
I was a mouse user only when I started in oct, i just got tablet 2-3 weeks ago and I can finally do songs that I was unable to do with my mouse. For the first week i kept switching back to mouse halfway through a song because it was getting aggravating not being able to get an S on a normal song when I could have gotten SS with a mouse. tablet made jumping around alot easier for sure

part of that 2 week learning curve also involved getting muscle memory in using the keyboard since hadnt used that for osu before. im still seeing decent improvement on a daily basis whereas with the mouse my improvement was getting harder to notice my improvement.
Plus_old_1

[Luanny] wrote:

how 2 spin with minimal area?
srsly I don't know how to do it and I can't play with a larger area than that

I can feel it is easier now to spin with a pen but I still have almost the same rpm as using mouse, aka 250~320 :v
Dude, you gotta use a bigger area, trust me, I used to play with an area like that but now is everything better.
Da Holy One
i play with the smallest area also. just how big of an area do you play with
charlotteawoo
About an hour, but I hadn't been playing for long with mouse anyway. I had a stupid area too, the literal smallest it could be.
GtEmiGt
The best thing you can do to get used is browse the internet or use the pc with the tablet not the mouse for 1- 2 hours and you will get used.
Rynnavinx

GtEmiGt wrote:

The best thing you can do to get used is browse the internet or use the pc with the tablet not the mouse for 1- 2 hours and you will get used.
this post is 5 years old
The Gambler
I Give Up
^ mouse with absolute positioning. the dream...
Asteeh
It took me about 10 minutes to be at the same level as mouse. At the time could only play hard diffs and low insane diffs so maybe the change wasn't so dramatic. I used full area (g430 tablet area is small anyway), and used to hover.
cheeseloaf
took me a few hours to become the mouse version of me with my new CTL-480. this tablet is amazing.
The Gambler

I Give Up wrote:

^ mouse with absolute positioning. the dream...
If only...
shawnruru
Took me a couple days, there are still some maps I'm better at with my mouse but I've started beating maps I couldn't with my tablet. The tablet helped my all-around skill get better but I'm still getting used to it and experimenting with different ways to hold the pen. It's a lot more exhausting for the hand than the mouse is.
SpasticSurgeon
I seem to be in the minority, but it's been a week and it still sort of feels strange. I use a medium area.

The thing is, I can hit way harder to aim and faster stuff with similar acc, but I don't FC because it's still ever so slightly unstable.

Overall though I feel like tablet me has more potential to hit stuff.

Probably because I played on 800 DPI mouse for a long time on other games, so the tablet feels very free and hard to control by comparison.
Abbacus
I started with mouse and used it for about 2 weeks and then switched to tablet and I almost instantly got WAY better. It could just be me but after switching I saw a huge increase in the difficulty that I could play only after about 2-3 days of using a tablet.
SpasticSurgeon

Skeansopolis wrote:

I started with mouse and used it for about 2 weeks and then switched to tablet and I almost instantly got WAY better. It could just be me but after switching I saw a huge increase in the difficulty that I could play only after about 2-3 days of using a tablet.

This happened to me as well. It felt like jumps were a lot easier but not much else. Anyway that was enough for me to be able to play some 4* and about 1/3 5*
TunaSaladGuy
it only took an hour. no joke.