forum

Who is playing map X?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,273
show more
sheela
This is not bad. Support~
[Luanny]
yes, delicious.
Seems like pretty good. Star
XinCrin
Great Idea . I would like to see guys that are playing my map . Supporting this !
dennischan
This sounds NICE!
Hubiiii
Here take my stars (+8) :D :D
Starred
Macacito
useful
ZenoDiac
I agree this is a fun feature to be implemented, though it will probably end up becoming a supporter feature if it succeeds.
LooneX_old_1
+5
Soarezi
YESPLZ
ExtremelyAvg
emonite
I will just support this for it looks interesting and make sense. ;)
Zare

Aqo approves
Star on this

Edit: Wait I've already given star to this before? Why can't I remember at all... ;w;
DexFrild
I thought about it before :3 Great idea. Sorry I don't have a stars T__T
Enipizza
I don't have any stars but i support this great idea !
[Seraphin]
This idea really need to be implemented.
Have +32. (makes it +600 :3)
ConanCloud
useful, why not? :)
More players will be fame, maybe :)
Freya
naisu, +1
Mikelicious
I dont have stars, but great idea!
Mythiax
I want this. Sounds good.
Ouarss
Nice idea.

I'm not a mapper, but as a player I was thinking at something like this, but in a different way :

Previously, I select (or add in a locked collection) the Y maps that i want to track.
Then, I will to be notified when player X start to play one of the Y maps. (specific chat for theses notifications)

Or / And mixing it with the filter "Map" idea :
When selected, we will find all the players who are currently playing the Y maps.

Problems :
- too much requests / charge for the server?
- can generate lots of flood with notifications with an high amount of Y maps.

How about limitate the maximum Y maps to track at the same time? 3? 5?

I may be a little off topic here, but the filter Map feature can be useful.
Rewben2
Definitely would like to see this.
- Marco -

Rewben2 wrote:

Definitely would like to see this.
LuckyStrike_old_1
38 votes from me
Bara-
This needs to be implemented. I want to see when there are people playing my map :D
2 Votes from me :D
Vuelo Eluko
this is a cool idea simply because we might see more situations like a few weeks ago when like everyone was playing freedom dive from rrtyui to cptnxn to doomsday. not even sure how that all came about but those are like mini extended single-map owc's it's pretty hype when everyone decides to play the same map.

this will be implemented for unranked maps though too as well right?
Festival-Temple
Full support even though I have no stars to give.

Since there's already a "songs I own" filter in multiplayer, I can't imagine it would be a lot more work to implement that same feature for spectating.
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
really nice idea~~~! I give my full support
piruchan
Nice idea. It might also help with spectating people when you're bored.

*Throws imaginary stars*
Yuunee
This is a really nice ideea. Full support from me! ^~^ You have 2 votes from me ;D
xasuma
Yes. I like it.

And it wouldn't only be useful for mappers, but also for players who like or are practicing a specific song.
leepdesu

piruchan wrote:

*Throws imaginary stars*
wailord2700
*throws 2 legit stars*
Shirai Kuroko
This would be REALLY useful for me
Irreversible
Sounds cool.
Bara-
Nice bump!
PieInOblivion
Imagine... (As I start most of my posts)
You are feeling a little bored or frustrated at a certain map, you don't want to see "Auto" do it because that will make things worse, but instead want to see others play that map "Live". Now you could ask one of your friends to play it, simple. But what if none of your friends are online?
Well, you would just click a small tab and see other Osu! players currently playing that map on that difficulty.
I'm thinking that when the button is clicked, it will reveal a drop-down (Maybe) which displays all the people currently playing it, and that list is also filterable by rank/name/how far in they are, etc... But not to forget, would maybe be easiest to display the people in a tiled view/Panels? like the current peoples view.

(By far the worst PS job I've ever done, But it gets the idea across.)

Does the game really 'Need' this? Probably not.
Would it be cool? I think so.
Would it be hard to implement? Not the hardest thing in the world. (You would simply be 'Getting' the title of the map every player is doing (Which Osu! does already) and filtering it to the map you want)

Now that I've gotten this far, I've realized its basically a new filter but with a neat shortcut. I still think its not a bad idea.

What do you guys think?
Piine
So to clarify.

It randomly picks any player (if shown to play said map metadata w/ same mods selected by a player) and quickly spectate them (similar to a filtered map queue or something similar, but sadly can't think of it.)

If it's like so, that sounds to be an interesting game modifier if thought in the right place. If ppy seen this, he can maybe work in it with the new designed client?

Edit: Only thing questionable is the strain of the server on if it can handle many users doing it the same time.
show more