forum

Religious Freedom

posted
Total Posts
show more
Purple

Wishy wrote:

Yes, you're clearly too dumb, maybe you'll get smarter in a few years. If you read all my post here you'll see that, funny for you, I've been just trying to explain basic logic and exposing some facts about how people's idea of God and religion changed with time. But yeah you can't understand that yet.
You shouldn't call someone stupid when you yourself know that you have a terrible broken english, Wishy.
Ekaru
For the record, as far as science stuff goes what Wishy is saying is that:

A) If scientific evidence strongly supports one theory, and something goes against that theory, regardless of whether it's positive or negative, then you must disprove that theory for that something.

B) If no scientific evidence supports either position, then you must prove the positive since the neutral position would be the negative.

This is how both science and mathematics works, and how shit is created falls firmly into the realm of science.

He's also saying that religious arguments are silly since it's very hard to convince somebody that their belief is wrong because you have no concrete evidence, and even if you did they'd come up with some absurd reason to not believe the evidence.

Now whether or not he was coming off as a rude troll is up for debate. :roll: He does make a couple of decent points, though.

EDIT: @Purple: You realize that he's from Argentina, right? His Spanish is probably perfect.
Purple

Ekaru wrote:

EDIT: @Purple: You realize that he's from Argentina, right? His Spanish is probably perfect.
Not saying hes stupid. I mean, I do think he kind of is, but I wasn't saying that (until now). Its just that he is talking about holding an argument when at times its really hard to follow what he's saying due to bad grammar.
Kanye West
lol @ native english speakers insulting non-native english speakers
Ekaru

Purple wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

Not saying hes stupid. I mean, I do think he kind of is, but I wasn't saying that (until now). Its just that he is talking about holding an argument when at times its really hard to follow what he's saying due to bad grammar.
Ah, okay then. ^_^
Wishy

Purple wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Yes, you're clearly too dumb, maybe you'll get smarter in a few years. If you read all my post here you'll see that, funny for you, I've been just trying to explain basic logic and exposing some facts about how people's idea of God and religion changed with time. But yeah you can't understand that yet.
You shouldn't call someone stupid when you yourself know that you have a terrible broken english, Wishy.
I am very sorry for that. I'd like to have a perfect english but sadly I'm not studying english and just know this from games. It's not my native language and even while I'm not that good at it, I think my ideas are quite easy to understand (sometimes I even ask someone else to read my post to see if they it's understandable). We're not discussing anything that complex here and as you can see Ekaru, for instance, understood what I tried to say, meaning it is actually possible to hold an argument.

And yeah maybe I sound a bit too rude, can't really handle that it's not my intention, and if it is you will note the trolling is just too obvious.
Kanye West

lol butthurt mods
Wishy
Sakura hates me, insulted her many times already.
Kanye West
ella tiene arena en su taco
tyrael6192

Kanye West wrote:

qft

"you shouldnt call people stupid when ur english sucks"

"not calling him stupid tho"

that was obviously the implication, you just backtracked because you didn't want to seem like more of a dickhead than you already are.

also fun fact: you called everyone else stupid in your first post in this thread, so its kinda hypocritical of you :lol:
VelperK

MillhioreF wrote:

Religion was created as a way for humans to explain that which can never be proven wasn't scientifically observed yet. As such, every religion is equally valid in my eyes - some parts of some religions can and have been proven to be false (which is why I'm personally atheist) but the majority transcend anything observable scientifically (scientifically speaking no god exists yet until proven the contrary, as there is no reliable evidence to support the existence of one), and so we'll only find out the truth when we die. Or maybe we won't even then, if there's no afterlife and we have no consciousness to find out with.
Vext_old
I can't believe I am actually posting in this shit heap of a topic but whatever.

According to that argument of "we haven't proven it is real, therefore it isn't" the universe must never have been created. The Big Bang theory is just that, a THEORY. Since it is not completely proven, the universe must never have been created in the first place.

Also I still to this day don't understand all the hate on Sakura. She's always such a sweetheart when she has to deal with me, which is fairly often.
Wojjan

Ekaru wrote:

He does make a couple of decent points, though.
If you use scientific reasoning in a debate about religion, you can't make decent points.
Wishy

Vext wrote:

I can't believe I am actually posting in this shit heap of a topic but whatever.

According to that argument of "we haven't proven it is real, therefore it isn't" the universe must never have been created. The Big Bang theory is just that, a THEORY. Since it is not completely proven, the universe must never have been created in the first place.

Also I still to this day don't understand all the hate on Sakura. She's always such a sweetheart when she has to deal with me, which is fairly often.
The fact that the universe exists is proven, what we can't prove is how, most accepted theory is the Big Bang one because of the information we got. There are plenty of things that, assuming The Big Bang Theory (http://puu.sh/22YrJ/e053697cd4) is correct, make sense. It's not like the scientific community said "this sounds nice lets use it" .

Wojjan, I must agree with you, it's overkill.
DaddyCoolVipper
Wishy are you seriously not trolling, be honest
Cyclohexane
Do you seriously have to ask
DaddyCoolVipper
I just don't see any logic in his posts
Wishy
Half of my posts were trolls, which one do you mean?
Hoverlegs
oh he was only pretending to be retarded

now it all makes sense
Purple
"you shouldnt call people stupid when ur english sucks"

"not calling him stupid tho"

that was obviously the implication, you just backtracked because you didn't want to seem like more of a dickhead than you already are.
No, I made the post in a hurry so I made the mistake of implying such thing when I didn't really mean to.

You could say I was implying he was stupid because I pointed out he was doing something he shouldn't do. But then you may as well take *this* post as implication of me being a fucking retard for actually wasting time answering you.

also fun fact: you called everyone else stupid in your first post in this thread, so its kinda hypocritical of you :lol:
No, I only called the idiots idiots.

fun fact: Despite not being a native english speaker, Wishy reads english language text way better than you do. Clarification: Yes thats an insult
tyrael6192
Technically I'm not a native english speaker either, I only started learning the language 7 years ago.

pls, you obviously didn't make the post in a hurry... when you have to use such a pathetic excuse to justify something you said, you know something's not right.

Feel free to not clarify your insult, because it really isn't like you've offered anything except insults to this thread. Most of your posts have been entirely ad hominem and have brought nothing to the table or shed light on any major issue that has previously been brought up.
Ekaru
Okay, this thread isn't even about religion anymore.

Anyone want to make bets on the lock?
Kanye West
my bet is that sakura is going to lock the thread because she loves us
tyrael6192
THREAD TRAIN BACK ON TRACK CHOOO CHOOO

Kant's concept of autonomy involves making decisions without any emotional inclinations. All things have to be done for no reason other than that they are morally good, and it is your duty to remain moral so you have to do them.

I'd argue that this isn't really autonomy. If anything, it seems like an oppression of a part of our humanity and a restriction against the consideration of consequences - that is, you have to do the 'right' thing regardless of the outcome. This leads to situations such as the murderer-at-the-door; your friend is hiding in your house, and a murderer comes to the door and asks you if your friend is in your house so that he can come in and kill him. Kant says you have to tell the truth and say yes, thereby allowing your friend to die, because you cannot subvert the moral value of telling the truth in order to save your friend.

What do people think
Purple

tyrael6192 wrote:

Technically I'm not a native english speaker either, I only started learning the language 7 years ago.

pls, you obviously didn't make the post in a hurry... when you have to use such a pathetic excuse to justify something you said, you know something's not right.

Feel free to not clarify your insult, because it really isn't like you've offered anything except insults to this thread. Most of your posts have been entirely ad hominem and have brought nothing to the table or shed light on any major issue that has previously been brought up.
No use in wasting time with you. I would if people would get entertained, but it doesn't look like they like where this is going.

One thing though: I did say its important not to come up with ridiculous claims without evidence, and your claim "it really isn't like you've offered anything except insults to this thread." is a perfect example of conjuring up something while presenting absolutely no evidence to back it up.
tyrael6192
I don't need to, you know full well yourself that your posts are full of malice and a third party needs merely to skim read any part of what you've said to understand the sour tone you're using. Oh what's that your last ad hominem failed, better revert to the "no use wasting time with you". Not like you've got anything better to do, am i right? :) Keep it up your e-peen is getting bigger
Purple

tyrael6192 wrote:

I don't need to, you know full well yourself that your posts are full of malice and a third party needs merely to skim read any part of what you've said to understand the sour tone you're using.
Huh? So now its from "you are contributing nothing to this thread" to "you are using a sour tone". Didn't you accuse me of reverting something back to not appear like a "dickhead"? No prob mate, I will just assume you didn't mean to.

But you are right, I *am* using a sour tone, but only because this is the Off-Topic subforum. I'm sorry if I wasn't allowed to, I see everyone do it :?

Oh what's that your last ad hominem failed, better revert to the "no use wasting time with you". Not like you've got anything better to do, am i right? :) Keep it up your e-peen is getting bigger
But tyrael, you yourself called me a dickhead in your first post in this thread directed towards me. I mean, theres evidence of it, just go back and check it. I said there is no use in wasting time with you because I always honestly think that I should just ignore people who make direct insults- its generally a better strategy than insulting back anyway.

EDIT: Also, I gotta say it was really disrespectful of you to say this:

qft
Really. Specially for someone who didn't talk to you in this thread at ALL and specially for a moderator. Not to mention the sexist and racist undertone to it.
Wishy
You can have mistakes because of a hurry, I often make mistakes in my posts many times because of this. :(
tyrael6192
posts im not gonna read: that one

im tRYING TO GET THIS BACK ON TOPIC OK I DONT WANT THIS TO DIE, HELP ME OUT HERE

CAN WE TALK ABOUT FREEDOM WITHIN RELIGION AS WELL AS FREEDOM PERTAINING TO RELIGIOUS PRACTICE

'qft' yes get my funny joke
or

oh you know what edit i just read it i couldnt help myself... maliciousness as in pertaining to ad hominem and insulting behaviour. If that counts as a contribution to the thread then by all means be my guest.
but indeed my friend i did call you that, because if you actually read your first post it merits such a response. I do not think it was a morally justified thing of me to call you such, but i still did it because that's what i earnestly thought about your approach - "youre all idiots and you need to speak to real philosophers"
DaddyCoolVipper
I want this thread to die actually

c'mon, Sakura!
Kanye West

Purple wrote:

qft
Really. Specially for someone who didn't talk to you in this thread at ALL and specially for a moderator. Not to mention the sexist and racist undertone to it.
it's unhealthy to eat sand
Sakura

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

I want this thread to die actually

c'mon, Sakura!
what? why me
tyrael6192
sexist and racist undertones?! i study spanish and i understood something he said so i felt the need to agree on the basis of humour

im so fucking racist
Sakura
Just get back on topic ._.
tyrael6192
oh that was evil

do it again
Purple

tyrael6192 wrote:

sexist and racist undertones?! i study spanish and i understood something he said so i felt the need to agree on the basis of humour

im so fucking racist
So you didn't mean any disrespect. Nice, but its up to Sakura to accept your apology, not me
Wishy
Thought this was off-topic.
Kanye West
on-topic in off-topic

gotta add that one to the nonexistent paradox thread
Sakura

Wishy wrote:

Thought this was off-topic.
Oh you
tyrael6192

Purple wrote:

So you didn't mean any disrespect. Nice, but its up to Sakura to accept your apology, not me
I JEST MY DEAR FELLOW, I JEST! THERE IS NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE FOR SUCH SIMPLE TOMFOOLERY IN THIS PLACE!
show more