forum

Personal skin?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EdgyAnimeGirl
Hello there! I might be the most irrelevant person here on osu but i have a question about making a personal skin.

So first off, how do you make a personal skin? Because I've been wondering that for so long. I don't have access to adobe photoshop to make one there, I have no idea how to use gimp either so is there an easier way to make one except these skinning sites because I've tried them but I don't really get it to work, most stuff is very offset and isn't working with eachother.

Second question, can you hire someone to make a skin for you? I've been wondering on that question as well, don't ask me why tho so just read the first questions description to know this one as well.
Thats all for me, thanks for listening or reading idk tbh ^^
mihari
You can hire someone to make skins for you on the r/osuskins subreddit, they charge like 20 bucks for a skin I believe, other than that I guess you can try and just copy pasting other skin elements into a personal skin
Topic Starter
EdgyAnimeGirl

KSN wrote:

You can hire someone to make skins for you on the r/osuskins subreddit, they charge like 20 bucks for a skin I believe, other than that I guess you can try and just copy pasting other skin elements into a personal skin
But like I want my name on the performance gauge bar so do I just go on gimp/adobe photoshop to fix? But like, I need to exchange 20 bucks from my currency because I'm swedish and that's like 198 swedish crowns for just a skin but oh well, it costs to play osu I guess haha.
mihari

EdgyAnimeGirl wrote:

KSN wrote:

But like I want my name on the performance gauge bar so do I just go on gimp/adobe photoshop to fix? But like, I need to exchange 20 bucks from my currency because I'm swedish and that's like 198 swedish crowns for just a skin but oh well, it costs to play osu I guess haha.
I mean you don't have to, you can just add your name to it using gimp/paint/adobe photoshop, as long as you don't share the skin and say "yeah this is my skin" when it's just a mashup of like 5 skins, no one really minds.
TheKubaX
Depends what you mean by personal skin. If you just want to copy-paste skin files from many different skins into one and make it your "personal" skin - Then I believe that skinning sites are the easiest way.

However if want to make a skin "entirely" by yourself, then I would suggest learning gimp (or photoshop if you have a possibility) because this is (I believe) the only and easiest way. You don't need any professional skills to make your first, basic skin.

EdgyAnimeGirl wrote:

But like I want my name on the performance gauge bar so do I just go on gimp/adobe photoshop to fix?
This is literally the simplest thing you can do in a graphic program. Add text -> Change text color -> Eventually add a shadow.