forum

Hi! New Mania Player!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GoblinGuide
Hello, all! I'm GoblinGuide, a Osu!Mania player!

I initially joined in 2018, and attempted to play Osu!Standard, but I quickly discovered I was terrible at Standard, and uninstalled. A couple of years later, though, I started gaining an interest in Beatmania/Stepmania-style rhythm games, and after messing around with simulators like LR2 and Stepmania, which were dedicated to a certain type of game, I realized I could play Osu!Mania, and have the ability to play a ton of charts of varying key counts (right now I primarily play 4-key, but I'm definitely interested in playing 5-key or more).

I'm just starting out with 1-1.5 star maps, but with my previous rhythm game experience (primarily Guitar Hero/Clone hero), these maps are getting easier, and I see myself moving up in difficulty rather soon.

For any of the more experienced Mania players among you, is there any advice you could give to someone like me? Are there any packs I should download that I don't already have? (I have a TON of stuff though)

So yeah, that's pretty much it! Have a great day!
- Marco -
Welcome back :D

As i'm not that much familliar to mania i probably don't have anything to say about that except for the usual Play More \_:)_/
abraker

GoblinGuide wrote:

For any of the more experienced Mania players among you, is there any advice you could give to someone like me? Are there any packs I should download that I don't already have? (I have a TON of stuff though)
- If you want to play higher keys start playing higher keys now or 99% chance you will never be able to play higher keys later.
- Converts are fine to start with. Don't play them if you no longer get confused on which button to press. They are bad maps to improve skill on.
- PP and SR are inaccurate. Don't focus on pp. Just focus on getting better accuracy. I consider 97%+ to be ok.

oh and

- If you have any more gameplay related questions you can ask them here: community/forums/13 (see mania subforum for mania specific stuff).