forum

Blur Option

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +76
show more
Topic Starter
MiL0

peppy wrote:

While this is a cool idea, the overhead for blurring images may outweight function. I'll take a look into the feasbility of this one, since it sounds cool.
Thanks Peppy! :D
Nightfirecat
I'd love to see a feature like this added if it's not too weighty, CPU-wise. It'd add a great artistic flair that I think would absolutely fit osu!'s style.
RBRat3

Nightfirecat wrote:

I'd love to see a feature like this added if it's not too weighty, CPU-wise. It'd add a great artistic flair that I think would absolutely fit osu!'s style.
Not cpu it would be gpu, this also might knock up the minimum required pixel shader version if it cant be disabled...
Topic Starter
MiL0

RBRat3 wrote:

Not cpu it would be gpu, this also might knock up the minimum required pixel shader version if it cant be disabled...
Maybe that's a good thing... ;)
Mira-san
This looks awesome.

RBRat3 wrote:

Just try to add a warning or a limit where the GPU needs to have 'Pixel shader version 3.0' or something.

Also include that "it could reduce performance".
quaternary
I understand that this is olldddd, but still love the idea. Looks really sexy.

peppy wrote:

overhead for blurring images may outweight function.
Precalculate the blur to another image, then fade between the blurred version and the normal version during breaks. Don't do it at all if the map has a storyboard (way too much lag there), or let the storyboard run on top of the blurred images, which frankly sounds much better.
Abel
I normally play with black bg, but I like the idea
jimmyman3
like this idea :D
FrzR
I like this. =w=)b
Ryu Sei
Instead imo, before playing a beatmap, when BG blur is turned on the game makes and pre-caches a blurred version of the BG in a temporary folder. So,
Play beatmap > Load (while loading blur the BG) > Pre-cache blurred BG
So, load 2 BGs... I guess... EDIT: Only applies on non video/SB'ed beatmaps.
BTW, I like this idea.
DENKOUSEKKA
I like this idea so I'll be supporting it *throws imaginary stars*
Pawsu
This is actually really cool. I like the feeling that the blur effect makes.
Danshi_old_1

Pawsu wrote:

This is actually really cool. I like the feeling that the blur effect makes.
Nice bump ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Although this would be awesome!!
wajinshu
Interesting. I like this idea.
Seijiro
Cool indeed
fb39ca4
Blurring should be easy enough to do in real-time for videos and storyboards. You can use separable filters, bilinear filtering, and mipmaps to speed it up. And it would of course be an option that can be disabled.
Underforest
Bump
It will be nice to have :')
abraker
bumping because replays with this would look much cooler
TheAussie
Take my 4 stars! This is a great idea.
mxp
This looks really nice
ZenitH-AT
Nice idea. A slider that functions like the current dim should be added (un-blurring at break).
Pawsu
Something like this?: credit: p/4993401
Underforest
yep, exacly
[ R i v e n ]
You have my star :D
Andrea
I like this idea, would love to see it implemented.
Aurele
oh yeah, that would be nice and neat.

I support your idea!
WingSilent
Cool idea and i added a star.
Also meanwhile this would be implemented, i do blur my backgrounds with a storyboard picture. (Only breaks will have the original picture)