forum

Remove title text during gameplay [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +245
show more
Zumi
Problem: In all beatmaps, the song title and artist name appear during the map.
It appears while objects are on the screen in a lot of beatmaps, this is extremely annoying because of the style of the text that causes it to mix in with the objects.
(see screenshot)
I find it extremely hard to read maps when this happens.

My suggestion how to fix it: If the text was more simple (smaller text and not the larger - slightly faded - text behind it like it is now) it wouldn't be so annoying.
(also, maybe not have the text in the middle of the playfield?)

there are probably more ways to fix this so I don't see any issues with doing so.

Sakura
BATs can control size and bold as well as color and appearance time of title text, I guess making the default one smaller would be what you're aiming for right?
theowest
I wish there were a separate dim slider for the title text.
Oinari-sama
We can also consider restricting the title text to a certain portion of the screen only, such as the example below:

In the example the Title Text Could've fit in 1 line, eg "Tsubaki - Kyun Kyun Tamaran Inaba tan!" If should fade and disappear after a while as usual.
Hellgert
i am not agree with this post,if the title text is remove,osu will decreasing the fun :(
QHideaki13

Xleonq wrote:

if the title text is remove,osu will decreasing the fun

Xleonq wrote:

if the title text is remove,osu will decreasing the fun
You kidding me?
deadbeat
i like Oinari's idea more than just removing it.
theowest
I feel like the easiest solution would be just to let us dim it again, or have a separate dim bar for it. What do you guys think?
Zare

theowest wrote:

I feel like the easiest solution would be just to let us dim it again, or have a separate dim bar for it. What do you guys think?
I'm fine with any of the ideas here, as long as it gets changed so I can actually read maps again
Yarissa
I can't count the number of times I have raged at titles on top of my hit circles. Support.
Sakura

Kaoru wrote:

I can't count the number of times I have raged at titles on top of my hit circles. Support.
I'm quite happy to change the momment the title appears in a beatmap to a spot when there arent any notes if it exists as long as the mapper is fine with it.
Yuugo

Sakura wrote:

I'm quite happy to change the momment the title appears in a beatmap to a spot when there arent any notes if it exists as long as the mapper is fine with it.
As in, we play a map and notice the title hinder gameplay. Then we contact the mapper and ask him/her if he agrees and then we can ask you (or another BAT/MAT?) to change this for us?
Sakura

Yuugoh wrote:

Sakura wrote:

As in, we play a map and notice the title hinder gameplay. Then we contact the mapper and ask him/her if he agrees and then we can ask you (or another BAT/MAT?) to change this for us?
Well yes, since it ultimately depends on whether the mapper wants to change it or not, but only BATs can change it.
Yuugo

Sakura wrote:

Yuugoh wrote:

Well yes, since it ultimately depends on whether the mapper wants to change it or not, but only BATs can change it.
Is it an idea to announce this more publicly? I feel like not many people know this and with some collective work of all the people who have issues with this, which I believe to be a lot, this could be solved pretty fast.
Good to hear that there is a solution.
Uni
Tbh moving the title text to a empty area is better then deleting the whole text
This should be something mappers move on thier own will
Tshemmp

Cookie wrote:

Tbh moving the title text to a empty area is better then deleting the whole text
This should be something mappers move on thier own will
So something like this t/48137.
LoGo
maybe hide it after 1st try??
Cylencer
Support, it is kind of distracting, and shouldn't be too hard to implement as well.
Or how about force it to fit into break time, and make the scrolling speed fit the bpm of the beatmap?
(Uh... quite a huge project to change almost all of 'em...)
jemhuntr
HOW ABOUT MAKING IT SKINNABLE sorry all caps
make a title.ttf ohyeah
you could use whatever font you want, and use a blank font if you want it gone. win-win

hell, I missed 6 pages of forum posts??
Floks
So, uh, any update on this? I don't even know why it was switched from being hidden with funspoiler...
Kodora
Support this, in maps with small circles this is annoying as hell.
Tshemmp
So what again is the reason to NOT implement this?
theramdans
How about to make it dim after passing it, just like ignore skin,SB,and hitsound button
anyways, support this, sometimes kinda annoying
GoldenWolf
彡☆彡☆彡☆彡☆
Floks
How many support votes does a feature request need to get implemented?
theowest

Floks wrote:

How many support votes does a feature request need to get implemented?
any, from nothing to well over a hundred. It doesn't matter. These start points just shows how much "financial" support the request has.
Ohrami
I'VE WANTED THIS FOR AGES

PLEASE PUT IT IN THE GAME OH MY GOD
Hanyuu

Its a bit distracting even more with different colored text

But it doesnt make it unplayable. It just looks like it should not be there
Ekaru
The title text was probably designed to appear during the intro and then be gone before the gameplay starts (or at least be dimmed enough by that point to not get in the way). However, when the intro's short enough (or just isn't there) it gets in the way.

I think the way it works with short/non-existent intros just needs to be reworked - on pretty short intros it should appear at the start of the audio lead-in instead of waiting until the song starts and probably even be sped up a bit to make sure it's more or less gone by the time the player starts playing.
Hanyuu
In my example the text comes after the intro. I think thats customizable? Well there are a few, i also remember some that had it in the middle of the map during a break time. That was kinda nice :P
Mirage
Yes please. it makes me retry far too often
Soaprman
The timing and color can be changed, but it has to be done online by a BAT. There was a feature request at some point to let users do this on their own but nothing ever came of it.
scorpjke
I totally agree it is annoying. Please remove it. Or at least make an option that enables you to turn it off.
Hanyuu

omg....
TouchFluffyTail

Hanyuu wrote:

omg....

Needless to say, title text + mania = bad.
she_old
Agree! Support.
peppy
This is actually a bug. Will look at fixing in the next release.
theowest
yay!
GoldenWolf

theowest wrote:

yay!
Thanks peppy <3
show more