forum

Account Deletion Request [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LucasXIIHK
I know that you surely don't allow the users to delete their own accounts because of the possible cheating in the game scores (still knowing that everybody has more than 1 account to solve this), but if the case is like mine, the lack of deletion options is annoying. If I look for my ex-username "lucasxiihk" in Google, the profile in osu! pops up, and is one of a few that are still in the web. I really want that user name erased from the web, and if you delete my account you will make me a HUGE favor.

If you want me to make a blood oath or something like that, promising that I will never play this game again, I'll do it. It's mainly a mather of privacy, so please help me out.
MillhioreF
We don't delete accounts here, sorry! If you buy supporter status, though, then you can change your name and just log out forever.
peppy
Your profile page will not be associated with any priavte information (unless you choose it to be), so this should not be a major privacy issue.
Topic Starter
LucasXIIHK
So..... the thing is not about a bad design in the ranking system ..... the thing is about money ......................... if someone, for example, uses an insulting nickname (idk, something like "jewKillerNazi"), you will not erase it from the system? IDK guys, I've seen already a bunch of post asking you to delete usernames and instead of changing the options to let the users go, you only reply "don't use it any more" .... that is the same that responding "we need to have a lot of inactive users with the only purpose of make numbers".... I know you almost hit the 2.000.000 .... but .... lets be honest, how much of that amount is truly active?
TheVileOne
If they make those kinds of names, we can change their name. There's no need to delete it.
Topic Starter
LucasXIIHK
You could add the option to "delete" the account, but instead rename it to "Deleted Account No. XXXXX", and you will keep the user but let him go.
TheVileOne
Or you could pay 5 dollars and change the name yourself...

Either way, if we let you delete your account or not, you would probably need supporter, and have to pay either way. peppy needs to run the game somehow.
Topic Starter
LucasXIIHK
Ads? Plus Accounts? Pay Game? Like everyone else .... idk .... I'm not a big fan of limiting the user freedom with money .... If the protocol used to connect the game wasn't centralized (like P2P), the money would not be necessary....

Besides, the ToS don't say anything about user/account deletion. You could also remove the users from the Google Search (robots="noindex, nofollow").
TheVileOne
osu doesn't advertise. Policy is policy. Why should he change it? The data will be a lot more reliable without people creating and deleting random accounts. Also it will be abused, people who have plays for years can just end their years of plays on record, because they want to use a new account. This is against the rules. You're suggesting something that's against the rules.
Topic Starter
LucasXIIHK
I only want my account to dissapear from Google, the only accounts left are this one and Wikipedia (but, at least, that one let me rename it for free). Besides account deletion is a basic right of users on the internet.

If I had seen a message in the sign up that said something like "You can enter, but to leave you must pay u$s 5" I never would have created an account here.
Topic Starter
LucasXIIHK
The only option I have left is to initiate legal action against Dean "ppy" Herbert to take care of this matter.
James2250
Go ahead and do "legal action" and see how far that gets you.

If you really had a legitimate reason for account deletion I am sure exceptions have happened, not wanting your name to appear on google for whatever reason doesn't really mean much (Especially when it shows nothing about you.)

This account behavior isn't going to change any time soon, either change your username or accept it.
Topic Starter
LucasXIIHK
My username is part of my personal data (is legally as important as my real name). You can't ask for money to hide my personal data, even more if you don't specify that in your Terms of Service. So, if you say I must do it legally, then I'll do it.
Kuroneko-sHerald

LucasXIIHK wrote:

I only want my account to dissapear from Google, the only accounts left are this one and Wikipedia (but, at least, that one let me rename it for free).
Your username on Wikipedia is still here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:LucasXIIHK
TheVileOne
If your username isn't copyrighted, you do not have rights to such information. Privacy is not a right. And a lawsuit would cost more than 5 dollars anyways, so your point is invalid anyways. Deal with it. You made the account.