forum

MegaUpload is back.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Megaupload returned legally as "Mega". It's been one year until it returned.

https://mega.co.nz/ Now it's gonna be like Dropbox and MediaFire.

Aren't y'all glad MegaUpload came back as its new site?
silmarilen
website doesnt work to me
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

silmarilen wrote:

It happens to me sometimes until I figure it out. But I'm sure you'll figure that out to get that site working.

Beside, so SOPA wasn't DONE anything to MU last year huh.
ziin

Koro McAlpine wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Beside, so SOPA wasn't DONE anything to MU last year huh.
It just what that can't be done until FINISHED into place right. Can't user download file big unless small.
gurodoll_old
So much good / rare shit was lost when the FBI killed it.

New site is getting pummeled.
Elit3noob
seems okay to me, but slow though
Cropzy

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Megaupload returned legally as "Mega". It's been one year until it returned.

https://mega.co.nz/ Now it's gonna be like Dropbox and MediaFire.

Aren't y'all glad MegaUpload came back as its new site?
Legal content filtering

It is rubbish
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Well, MegaUpload used to have pirated movies and anime that saved in until it got itself killed by FBI. But thank goodness it it's back and avoiding pirated materials and copyright infringements.
Kyonko Hizara

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Well, MegaUpload used to have pirated movies and anime that saved in until it got itself killed by FBI. But thank goodness it it's back and avoiding pirated materials and copyright infringements.
But wasn't that what people used MU for?
JappyBabes

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Koro McAlpine wrote:

But wasn't that what people used MU for?
iirc, MU was under DMCA which held users liable for the content on the site and the users files were entirely private due to the ECPA. it shouldn't have went down in the first place.
dkun

JappyBabes wrote:

iirc, MU was under DMCA which held users liable for the content on the site and the users files were entirely private due to the ECPA. it shouldn't have went down in the first place.
god bless america and breaking our self-made international law
/sarcasm
Birdy
I thought MegaUpload was back, not some crappy excuse for a replacement. It's like the news, false titles to make interested, but then disappointing with the actual content.
jjrocks
The problem here was that this really hit very legal gray error. What they were doing wasn't techinally wrong but you couldn't say it was well...right.

To give you a general idea here is some words from Wikipedia:

The indictment[1][67] alleged that Megaupload differed from other online file storage businesses.
Media reports covering the case highlighted a number of points from the indictment used to support claims of illegal activity. The indictment provided a number of instances alleged to show criminal behaviour, as well as indicating design points of Megaupload's operating model as being evidence of criminal intent:[1]

Source

Basically, what they are saying is this: The difference between Megaupload and other sites is that they not only knew of illegal activity that goes on their site but they supported it which in the eyes of the US is teetering on the edge of illegal which is why he was arrested.

Just a note: I'm not saying what the US did was wither right or wrong, I just want to make sure we understand what exactly went down. (Hopefully I haven't stirred the pot too much)