forum

Disable storyboard in Editor Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +201
show more
Loves
Yes, yes, SI! Why was this never implemented? I usually just add the story board at the very end.
Damnae

Gabe wrote:

... I am currently modding a beatmap which has a lot of strobe and pulses and I can't concentrate on modding it.
Then what about those who will have to play with that storyboard ? Can't you suggest that they delete make it less annoying instead ?
Topic Starter
Aurele

Damnae wrote:

Gabe wrote:

... I am currently modding a beatmap which has a lot of strobe and pulses and I can't concentrate on modding it.
Then what about those who will have to play with that storyboard ? Can't you suggest that they delete make it less annoying instead ?
You got a point here, but! Even if suggest to make it less annoying, there's many more beatmaps here that has a storyboard with these annoying elements. I requested this feature in general, not for a specific map.
theowest
Annoying for you, enjoyable for others. I doubt they will cut down on something they've spent hours and hours on just because someone doesn't like it/finds it annoying. They will only do so if it stops them from ranking the map, or eveyone seem to agree it's a good idea to do so. Either way, it's still a good idea to mention that you do not like it.

Let's just hope this conversation doesn't turn into disabling the SB even before playing the map.
ZeroEightOne
YES. I support this.
Blaziken
Support
ziin
if you don't know how to disable the storyboard in editor mode then you don't need to be modding a map.
theowest
by unchecking all these I guess

not so sure if we really need this now
jemhuntr
this should work like disable notes in design tab.
TheVileOne
I just modded a map with 6 minimum storyboard load and the load got over 10. I think it was be useful if we could disable storyboard while testplaying for similar reasons we can disable the video- to view the actual background, and create a smooth experience. My flow checking is very reliant on smooth gameplay, and sometimes I just cannot give a reliable observation because I suffer framerate drops due to the storyboard load. I do not like having to ass a disclaimer to my mods telling the mapper that the storyboard load may be affecting the validity of my claim.

I realize I can just delete/remove the .osb, but I would prefer an in game option that leaves all the files intact in the folder for convenience. Actually I have a better idea to this, why can't we have access to all funspoiler options by default in the editor? That would allow us to test how a beatmap plays if people do decide to disable a setting.

(It would be useful if the storyboard flag idea were implemented. I would imagine the ability to decide which SB elements get disabled would be a very useful feature or what skin elements get disabled. That is actually a really good idea. I will develop it further and make it a proper request.)
FrzR
Bumping from [ S a k u r a]'s duplicate thread here.

Still needing this. :D
NXTKitKat
Bump

Yes, still needing this :D
Bara-
YES PLEASE
XinCrin

theowest wrote:

Just uncheck them?
NXTKitKat
OH REALLY?
I'm stupid -_-
Well sorry for the silly bumping :3 And thanks xin and theowest
Bara-
Oh dear
How come I have missed that? O.o
Kibbleru
rip i didnt realize the thread was from 3 yrs ago
[Ping]
Hey, sorry to post on this thread but, my Osu! crashed when I tried to get in to the design tab to close the storyboard
derf
necro, but I still don't think there is a way to turn off the storyboard when testing a map in the editor. You can disable it whilst editing but not when testing
Ayla-
Sounds like a good idea to me