kirueggy
infinite stratos infinite stratos infinite stratos
lunarblue
need manga recommendation for shonen ai :(
aznfishie
Feng Shen Ji. Best battle manga.
GANTZ is also good, really explicit.
EasyMillions
I'll recommend the only manga i've ever finished, Berserk! 8-)
Gakkun
Can anyone recommend me any good seinen sci fi or horror manga (for my summer break)
When I mean horror I don't mean fruity horror moe . I can't think of any at the moment but this list will sort of help with the taste of art style I enjoy:

Parasyte
Gantz
Litchi Hikari Club
Claymore
Berserk
Emerging

Or anything that resembles Shintaro Kago's art style
aznfishie

EasyMillions wrote:

I'll recommend the only manga i've ever finished, Berserk! 8-)
Except it hasn't finished yet.
tanteiRE

ralip wrote:

Can anyone recommend me any good seinen sci fi or horror manga (for my summer break)
When I mean horror I don't mean fruity horror moe . I can't think of any at the moment but this list will sort of help with the taste of art style I enjoy:

Parasyte
Gantz
Litchi Hikari Club
Claymore
Berserk
Emerging

Or anything that resembles Shintaro Kago's art style
Btooom! is a pretty good sci-fi manga, a bit similar to the Hunger Games (sorry for non-manga analogy), although its updates take forever. If you like Parasyte and Gantz, a similar manga to that is Zetman. The style and amount of gore and nudity is about the same :)
One of my favorite short manga is called Life is Money. Not necessarily sci-fi, but very psychological. Another short manga I know is called Goth. It's not sci-fi either, and is rather short, but it's something to remember :)
Eat Tea

Maso- wrote:

Okay, so I love shojo.
Can you guys recommend me some manga that are similar to Horimiya and Hibi Chouchou?
Thanks a lot.
Are:After Boyfriend
SPOILER
In a nut shell, it's practically like Horimiya. But with more of an rush romance. Kya~isnt he sexy ;)
Averine_old
ReRe Hello is a pretty good shoujo imo, then there's Shikabane Cherry or Watashi ga Motete Dousunda too bad most of em are rarely updated. but still a pretty good read :)
Rise_old_1
What are the opinions on Blade of the Immortal? I heard it's good, hesitant to get blown by over hype or something.

(SAO pun intended)
Sapphiire_old_1
I am looking for a good read , somthing that makes you just don't wanna stop reading somthing that makes you think about life and stuff the genre doesent realy matter i just dont want mecha/sport
tanteiRE

SoG Tava wrote:

I am looking for a good read , somthing that makes you just don't wanna stop reading somthing that makes you think about life and stuff the genre doesent realy matter i just dont want mecha/sport
Noblesse (it's a manhwa, though)
Orange Marmalade (also a manhwa, and like Noblesse, about vampires; both are completely different however)
Parasyte (a little on the graphic side but definitely makes you think about life, it's also complete)
One Piece (I'm serious, you get everything from it: comedy, tragedy, action, suspense)
A Certain Scientific Railgun (I say Railgun, not Index, because I feel it has a better MC, and this one will get you thinking about life)
Yotsubato (this is one of best slice of life out there)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (school life of outcasts + teacher with tentacles, quite interesting and unique)
Rosario + Vampire (both seasons, except the second is less lighthearted and does a good job confronting complications between inner and outer Moka)

Most of these series are already well known so I hope there's at least one you haven't read yet.
Sapphiire_old_1
Thank you :D
Gakkun

SoG Tava wrote:

Have you ever read Dragon Head?!? If not that's one of my most favorite psychological horror mangas it makes you think about life and fear. And it's one of those mangas that you don't want to stop reading! (Especially the first arc!!!!!)
Mike Azuki
Are there some sliceoflife-drama mangas out there? If there's a physical edition that would be way better. Thank you
tanteiRE

Mike Azuki wrote:

Are there some sliceoflife-drama mangas out there? If there's a physical edition that would be way better. Thank you
There are actually a lot of "slice of life" + "drama" manga out there.. However, most of them are shojo. "School life" can also be considered a sub-genre of "slice of life."
As for physical editions (I'm assuming that means published-in-English volumes), I know you can find series such as Skip Beat, Fruits Basket, The Wallflower, and Oreimo in bookstores and libraries.

Among those series I know, I can only recommend Fruits Basket because it is a must read regardless of whatever gender you are or whatever genres you are into..

If you have trouble finding manga of those genres, I can suggest that you find an online website that provides free scanlations of manga and use the tags "slice of life" and "drama to filter your search down and choose a series you may be interested in. Chances are, they'll be a physical edition of it.
Volta
Read shokugeki no souma. it'll make you hungry....
Hidden Symphony

SoG Tava wrote:

My Heart is Beating (Manhwa) / Annarasumanara (Manhwa)/ 3 Level Combination (Manhwa) / A Lollypop or a Bullet.

Thouth I can't assure you that you will rush through them and get "impacted" the same way I did with those 4. :3
DX5536
I'm looking for something like Zero (Manhwa) or Ruler of the Land, something like badass protagonist has a badass family (lol) and badass power(s) and some romance too. It can be a Manga or Manhwa, but if possible pls let it has at least 50 chapters (i don't like it too short), the longer the better. And pls no Naruto or Bleach or DBZ or something that is way too popular, so much that i know the story already.
Rilene
Looking For...

Sentient Mecha (at least sentient 50% of all times) + Any genre (especially fantasy & romance (not between mechas :/ (0.000000000000000000001% only will have), but plz no extreme violence and pervert-related)

Anyone here who knows? And plz no "Doraemon", not that KAWAII sentient cat robot, lel.

I copied from "Anime Suggestion Thread", because it is a bit similar, lel.
DX5536

Sirade wrote:

Looking For...

Sentient Mecha (at least sentient 50% of all times) + Any genre (especially fantasy & romance (not between mechas :/ (0.000000000000000000001% only will have), but plz no extreme violence and pervert-related)

Anyone here who knows? And plz no "Doraemon", not that KAWAII sentient cat robot, lel.

DoraBase? It's not "really" Doraemon, but more like a spin-off of it about Baseball.
Jindujun93

Sirade wrote:

Looking For...

I realize that this is already two weeks old, but I think you should give 'Pluto' by Naoki Urasawa a try. It's sort of a remake of an older Astro Boy story with the main character position shifted to another robot than Atom, but absolutely worth the read.
Gumpy
Soul Eater.
Mogsy
Looking for some decent historical fiction. I'm not one for harems or ecchi, though, so those are my only qualifiers. Any suggestions?
Jindujun93

Mogsworth wrote:

Looking for some decent historical fiction. I'm not one for harems or ecchi, though, so those are my only qualifiers. Any suggestions?
Any particular time you're looking for? The ones I can spontaneously think of are Historie (Ancient Greece, ongoing), Vagabond (Sengoku Era, ongoing) and Vinland Saga (Vikings, ongoing).
Billy Bat has some historical elements as well, though gets more in the Sci-Fi direction as it progresses.
Mogsy

Jindujun93 wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Any particular time you're looking for? The ones I can spontaneously think of are Historie (Ancient Greece, ongoing), Vagabond (Sengoku Era, ongoing) and Vinland Saga (Vikings, ongoing).
Billy Bat has some historical elements as well, though gets more in the Sci-Fi direction as it progresses.
I've been meaning to read Vinland Saga, and the others sound interesting, so I'll give those a shot!

As far as preferred region/period, European history prior to the 20th century is preferred but I'm open to more. I've been reading Wolfsmund and Emma lately but that's about it, so thank you for the suggestions!
KinkiN
got any manga recommendation? preferably good arts, psychological themed ( Prison School, Liar Game ) ?

well anything would suffix as long as it's got a good arts at least :D
Sjlooaud
Every manga has its charm
Sjlooaud
just trying to get to 50 posts real quick
Xheriux
I need one; Doesn't matter which (exept abominations like boku no pico)
Link me!
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
Nanatsu No Taizai is one of my favorite manga
Lackadaisy
Why is the Anime thread so much more active? Manga needs some love.
Welcome to the NHK's manga adaptation is probably my most favorite of the various incarnations. Really hits home, although nowhere near as close as Oyasumi Punpun.
If you want some shonen historical, then Kingdom's always a good place to start. Things like Nobanagun are also out there, but I hope you like mechs.

pls post more in thread
tanteiRE
In that case, I am looking for manga similar to Nichijou. I am holding off on reading it for couple months after watching the anime (because I like to forget and be surprised again), but would like some slapstick comedy reads in the meanwhile. I've read/am reading School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh, and Aho Girl, so series like that, too, are welcome.

I think the general population consists of more anime watchers than manga readers, which could explain the lack of activity..
(but yes I am aware that many do both)
DX5536

tanteiRE wrote:

In that case, I am looking for manga similar to Nichijou.
Maybe Seitokai Yakuindomo? IMO it's similar to Nichijou.
tanteiRE
I read the first few chapters and had a good laugh, thanks :)
ShinsukeOSU

Yuzuru wrote:

got any manga recommendation? preferably good arts, psychological themed ( Prison School, Liar Game ) ?

well anything would suffix as long as it's got a good arts at least :D
do you have read 'Real Account' ?
neonat
Ubel Blatt is pretty interesting, I find it similar to the korean comic Id
YaYaPi
Manga recommendation? Something Comedy and Romance?
Like Namikizakari?

What I have read:
Last Game
Ao Haru Ride
Hibi Chouchou
Hana-kun to koisuru watashi
Hiyokoi
Horimiya
Hirunaka no Ryuusei
Koe no Katachi
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Love so Life
Nisekoi
and many more.....
HaruryuuSan
Hana to Akuma
piruchan
Not asking for a suggestion. I read this manga long time ago but forget the title.

Here's the synopsis:
There was an elementary school student who is a pianist. One day he/she found a piano in the forest and tried to play it. No sound came out of it. Then he met a child his/her age and that child could play the piano brilliantly. But when he/she let that child play with a normal piano, he played very poorly.

Anyone knows what I'm talking about? Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso reminded me of this one.
show more