forum

Manga Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I probably have to agree with you a bit on the plot side of doubt, but I am not sure what he is looking for, so I might as well give it.
ylikki
@blissfulyoshi
Well, I really don't have any specific criteria other than I would rather read about medieval warriors than modern soldiers if that helps in any way..
Kanade4Life
yahoo~ I need suggestion for horror manga, anyone can give me some titles? also some gory would be good too
thankies
Ceph23

Kanade4Life wrote:

yahoo~ I need suggestion for horror manga, anyone can give me some titles? also some gory would be good too
thankies
I asked that question in the previous page and got this

blissfulyoshi wrote:

@Ceph23 I don't read much horror but I will recommend Shiki (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=15089) which is not exactly scary, but the slow build up of a scary and unsettling environment is definitely worth a look (don't know a way to check the ln version, but both the manga and anime aren't too bad). The will also recommend Doubt (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=18068) which is a more typical survival game.
I haven't checked it out yet but I'll get to it. (Also thanks for the recommendations ^_^)
The ones I'd recommend are Ibitsu or Uzumaki. Both have horror and indeed indeed bloody. (I'd suggest Uzumaki if you're into the whole twisting body parts thing)
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
@Lonach, Sorry I keep forgetting about you.

I guess for now, I will just go down the mangaupdates chart I linked and see what you like. If you think you can narrow it down some more, I'll fix my suggestions based on that.

1/2 Prince (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=27841)
12 Beast (http://www.mangaupdates.co m/series.html?id=93892)
Aspirin (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6666)
Black Cat (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=241)
Blazer Driver (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=25977)
Busou Renkin (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=340)
Chrno Crusade (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=246)
Crimson Grave (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=11248)
Double Arts (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=26485)

I'll stop here. I am going to guess that not all of these will appeal to you, but I am pretty sure at least some will.
EineKrone
@Kanade4Life
have you read Uzumaki? And the author also has other works on the same way, quite strong*/mindfarker.(only read uzumaki tough, not on my priority right now)
Or School Mermaid, which is on my list, looks fun. On a disturbing sense(if dis description is accurate)

*for my levels. I love psychological terror, doesn't mean my mind takes it well. Like a drug...
I'm weak ¬¬

@topic
Any trap love around here? Read Prunus Girl, Himitsu no Akuma-chan, Amahara-kun...
As a mini review:

Prunus Girl: Aikawa is best grill, loved the teasing and art. Mundane made awesome was common, entertaining but I wouldn't read if wanting somenthing more serious.
Himitsu no Akuma-chan: LEEEEEEEWD. That's the word. Read it for the fanservicey succubi(inccubi?) and the amazing art, we need 3d inccubi ASAP ._.
Amahara-kun: read it for teh lulz. In the end i couldn't decide if I would report him as a sexual harasser, or pat him for helping people with their weaknesses. with their innocence as payment

Fun overall '-'
no hate pls lawl
- Yuuto -
Any suggestion manga like Lock-on! ?
Doodle99
Any manga like Kagerou Days? I love it and I want to read more...
also, is FMA good? i want to read it
Sapphiire_old_1
Heey i would like to read manga's that are not too long , it can be anny genre except manga's with incest , lesbian , homo , rape ect just not pervy stuff
i am more into the horror/psychological stuff
B1rd
Monster is a good psychological thriller.
LordRaika
if you are looking for the best anime with....

Perfect ending :
"Code Geass" 2season , around 50 episode total

Best comedy :
"Baka to Test to" 2Season , around 26 episode

Best plot :
"Steins Gate" around 25 episode

best detective plot :
"Dangan ronpa" 13 episode

and finally,
Best tear jerky anime :
"ano hana" around 13 episode
Ceph23

lordraika wrote:

if you are looking for the best anime with....

Perfect ending :
"Code Geass" 2season , around 50 episode total

Best comedy :
"Baka to Test to" 2Season , around 26 episode

Best plot :
"Steins Gate" around 25 episode

best detective plot :
"Dangan ronpa" 13 episode

and finally,
Best tear jerky anime :
"ano hana" around 13 episode
Wait wait wait.... but those are Anime.
This is a MANGA suggestion thread.

Wrong thread sir
LordRaika
Ahhh sorry"

ill change it ^^

best manga ever read...

"the world god only knows"

it conclude every genre above ^^
Remi94
I'm new in the manga world so I haven't read much I used to watch only anime until my likes began to change drastically (serious/different stuff!!! [?]) and was "forced" to read manga/ VN (I still hate read......books). I'm looking for manga with Heavy/ Controversial/ Dark plot (Genres: Seinen/ Psychological/ Tragedy/ Action) and/or a romance manga not so childish and with limited comedy unless is adult humor :D (Genres: Romance/ Seinen/ Josei/ Shoujo/ Gender Bender/ Tragedy).

Not Yaoi or Yuri unless is somehow related to the plot (Shin Sekai Yori anime reference).
If the manga is super underground, controversial, serious or have a cult then is welcome :D (not yaoi......maybe yuri :? ).
I'm very hardhead when I look for a manga to read I can't just read light stuff except for shoujo/ josei but that is because they are new for me and for that reason and didn't mention shonen :oops:

Reference Mangas:

Monster
IS - Otoko demo Onna demo Nai Sei
3 am Dangerous Zone
Bokura no Kiseki
Tower of God
20th/ 21st Century Boys (pending)
Balance Policy
Namida Usagi ~Seifuku no Kataomoi~
Death Sweeper
Kimi no Knife
Onani Master Kurosawa

Thanks beforehand :)
KinkiN

Remi94 wrote:

I'm new in the manga world so I haven't read much I used to watch only anime until my likes began to change drastically (serious/different stuff!!! [?]) and was "forced" to read manga/ VN (I still hate read......books). I'm looking for manga with Heavy/ Controversial/ Dark plot (Genres: Seinen/ Psychological/ Tragedy/ Action) and/or a romance manga not so childish and with limited comedy unless is adult humor :D (Genres: Romance/ Seinen/ Josei/ Shoujo/ Gender Bender/ Tragedy).

Not Yaoi or Yuri unless is somehow related to the plot (Shin Sekai Yori anime reference).
If the manga is super underground, controversial, serious or have a cult then is welcome :D (not yaoi......maybe yuri :? ).
I'm very hardhead when I look for a manga to read I can't just read light stuff except for shoujo/ josei but that is because they are new for me and for that reason and didn't mention shonen :oops:

Reference Mangas:

Monster
IS - Otoko demo Onna demo Nai Sei
3 am Dangerous Zone
Bokura no Kiseki
Tower of God
20th/ 21st Century Boys (pending)
Balance Policy
Namida Usagi ~Seifuku no Kataomoi~
Death Sweeper
Kimi no Knife
Onani Master Kurosawa This is masterpiece, even when it's a doujinshi

Thanks beforehand :)
Akame ga Kill would suit you best. Dark Plot, Killing, Gore , a-little-bit-romantic-and-comedy. take a peek later lol
deadbeat
Remi94, on top on Akame ga KILL!(gets rather extreme after awhile), try Until Death Do Us Part. it's a really good series.
i'm sure others will agree on that
KinkiN

deadbeat wrote:

Remi94, on top on Akame ga KILL!(gets rather extreme after awhile), try Until Death Do Us Part. it's a really good series.
oh haven't read that one. will try it later

the title seems somehow .....
deadbeat

Yuzuru wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

oh haven't read that one. will try it later

the title seems somehow .....
KinkiN
i have seen the cover it may sounds offensive but i found the cover leads me to some yaoi

well still gonna read later
Remi94
Thanks for the recommendations :oops: and deadbeat thanks for the Until Death Do Us Part manga I began to read it some time ago but forget about it because I didn't write the name down in a notebook in which I have the mangas or series that I'm watching/reading but somehow I forgot about it I guess because it was late and I was dead tired and that frustrated me but when I saw the name it came instantly to my mind and of course I will read Akame ga KILL! :)
Quest
Okay, so I love shojo.
Can you guys recommend me some manga that are similar to Horimiya and Hibi Chouchou?
Thanks a lot.
KinkiN

Maso- wrote:

Okay, so I love shojo.
Can you guys recommend me some manga that are similar to Horimiya and Hibi Chouchou?
Thanks a lot.
that name. you miss chist

I don't read shoujo that much but i think Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun was great?
kirueggy
infinite stratos infinite stratos infinite stratos
lunarblue
need manga recommendation for shonen ai :(
aznfishie
Feng Shen Ji. Best battle manga.
GANTZ is also good, really explicit.
EasyMillions
I'll recommend the only manga i've ever finished, Berserk! 8-)
Gakkun
Can anyone recommend me any good seinen sci fi or horror manga (for my summer break)
When I mean horror I don't mean fruity horror moe . I can't think of any at the moment but this list will sort of help with the taste of art style I enjoy:

Parasyte
Gantz
Litchi Hikari Club
Claymore
Berserk
Emerging

Or anything that resembles Shintaro Kago's art style
aznfishie

EasyMillions wrote:

I'll recommend the only manga i've ever finished, Berserk! 8-)
Except it hasn't finished yet.
tanteiRE

ralip wrote:

Can anyone recommend me any good seinen sci fi or horror manga (for my summer break)
When I mean horror I don't mean fruity horror moe . I can't think of any at the moment but this list will sort of help with the taste of art style I enjoy:

Parasyte
Gantz
Litchi Hikari Club
Claymore
Berserk
Emerging

Or anything that resembles Shintaro Kago's art style
Btooom! is a pretty good sci-fi manga, a bit similar to the Hunger Games (sorry for non-manga analogy), although its updates take forever. If you like Parasyte and Gantz, a similar manga to that is Zetman. The style and amount of gore and nudity is about the same :)
One of my favorite short manga is called Life is Money. Not necessarily sci-fi, but very psychological. Another short manga I know is called Goth. It's not sci-fi either, and is rather short, but it's something to remember :)
Eat Tea

Maso- wrote:

Okay, so I love shojo.
Thanks a lot.
Are:After Boyfriend
SPOILER
In a nut shell, it's practically like Horimiya. But with more of an rush romance. Kya~isnt he sexy ;)
Averine_old
ReRe Hello is a pretty good shoujo imo, then there's Shikabane Cherry or Watashi ga Motete Dousunda too bad most of em are rarely updated. but still a pretty good read :)
Rise_old_1
What are the opinions on Blade of the Immortal? I heard it's good, hesitant to get blown by over hype or something.

(SAO pun intended)
Sapphiire_old_1
I am looking for a good read , somthing that makes you just don't wanna stop reading somthing that makes you think about life and stuff the genre doesent realy matter i just dont want mecha/sport
tanteiRE

SoG Tava wrote:

I am looking for a good read , somthing that makes you just don't wanna stop reading somthing that makes you think about life and stuff the genre doesent realy matter i just dont want mecha/sport
Noblesse (it's a manhwa, though)
Orange Marmalade (also a manhwa, and like Noblesse, about vampires; both are completely different however)
Parasyte (a little on the graphic side but definitely makes you think about life, it's also complete)
One Piece (I'm serious, you get everything from it: comedy, tragedy, action, suspense)
A Certain Scientific Railgun (I say Railgun, not Index, because I feel it has a better MC, and this one will get you thinking about life)
Yotsubato (this is one of best slice of life out there)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (school life of outcasts + teacher with tentacles, quite interesting and unique)
Rosario + Vampire (both seasons, except the second is less lighthearted and does a good job confronting complications between inner and outer Moka)

Most of these series are already well known so I hope there's at least one you haven't read yet.
Sapphiire_old_1
Thank you :D
Gakkun

SoG Tava wrote:

Have you ever read Dragon Head?!? If not that's one of my most favorite psychological horror mangas it makes you think about life and fear. And it's one of those mangas that you don't want to stop reading! (Especially the first arc!!!!!)
Mike Azuki
Are there some sliceoflife-drama mangas out there? If there's a physical edition that would be way better. Thank you
tanteiRE

Mike Azuki wrote:

Are there some sliceoflife-drama mangas out there? If there's a physical edition that would be way better. Thank you
There are actually a lot of "slice of life" + "drama" manga out there.. However, most of them are shojo. "School life" can also be considered a sub-genre of "slice of life."
As for physical editions (I'm assuming that means published-in-English volumes), I know you can find series such as Skip Beat, Fruits Basket, The Wallflower, and Oreimo in bookstores and libraries.

Among those series I know, I can only recommend Fruits Basket because it is a must read regardless of whatever gender you are or whatever genres you are into..

If you have trouble finding manga of those genres, I can suggest that you find an online website that provides free scanlations of manga and use the tags "slice of life" and "drama to filter your search down and choose a series you may be interested in. Chances are, they'll be a physical edition of it.
Volta
Read shokugeki no souma. it'll make you hungry....
Hidden Symphony

SoG Tava wrote:

My Heart is Beating (Manhwa) / Annarasumanara (Manhwa)/ 3 Level Combination (Manhwa) / A Lollypop or a Bullet.

Thouth I can't assure you that you will rush through them and get "impacted" the same way I did with those 4. :3
show more