1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Otaku Culture
show more
posted
Like in the anime suggestion thread prison school is really good (a bit more adult though)
posted
Does anyone know manga similar to Pandora Hearts?
It's a sort of Historical Fiction, with plot twists everywhere =3=
posted
Grand Blue, a comedy slice of life focusing on the life of a college boy in a diving club. Ranks pretty high on MAL.
posted
Any 1970's Shoujo or Josei manga that I can read the entirety of?
Or Vampires with no qualms about sexuality (willing to have sex scenes etc.) and horror without garbage shounen/seinen plots.
Fantastic paneling like in Swan is also desirable.

Thanks anyone who can help.
posted
Cory in the manga
posted
Hello dead thread, I present you with something I highly recommend.
posted
Seraph of the End, Hayate the combat butler, Aldnoah Zero (+ 2nd season), Tokyo Ghoul, Girls und Panzer

Which one is the best?
posted

Izect Ztenz wrote:

Seraph of the End, Hayate the combat butler, Aldnoah Zero (+ 2nd season), Tokyo Ghoul, Girls und Panzer

Which one is the best?
If you're asking for a recommendation, you've not produced any list of past stories you've read for someone else for use in helping you out man. (Read the OP!) I have not read anything of these stories (though I did watch Aldnoah.Zero, and I wouldn't recommend it), so I am not the person to ask.
posted

Izect Ztenz wrote:

Which one is the best?
Probably better to post in the anime suggestion thread (t/90118) and not the manga suggestion thread if you wanted answers about anime.

As to answer your question, you probably better give a criteria as to say what is the best for you because the genre of those series vary greatly.
posted

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Izect Ztenz wrote:

Which one is the best?
Probably better to post in the anime suggestion thread (t/90118) and not the manga suggestion thread if you wanted answers about anime.

As to answer your question, you probably better give a criteria as to say what is the best for you because the genre of those series vary greatly.
I was wondering if Aldnoah and GuP even had manga. Never seen them around.
posted

Green Platinum wrote:

I was wondering if Aldnoah and GuP even had manga. Never seen them around.
I was wondering too, so I looked it up

Aldnoah: (there is a link to sequals and spinoffs too, but none are scanlated)
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=113037

GuP: (has a lot of spinoffs)
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=78531
posted
Not surprised about GuP. Aldnoah struck me as more a shitty LN kinda story.
posted

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Izect Ztenz wrote:

Which one is the best?

"Anime Suggestion Thread"

*also i wanna bought Girls und Panzer and AZ Second Season too...

posted

Izect Ztenz wrote:

"Anime Suggestion Thread"
Sorry about that, my mistake. I haven't read the manga form of all of these.

Personally, I would suggest reading the original source material for anything because any other adaptation is usually just a retelling using what they know from a different source. With that said, here is the list of their original forms:
Seraph of the End - manga
Hayate the Combat Butler - manga
Aldnoah Zero - anime
Tokyo Ghoul - manga
Girls und Panzer - anime

So for Aldnoah Zero and Girls und Panzer, I suggest you should watch the anime for full enjoyment. As for the rest, depends on your taste. Seraph of the End takes a while to develop to something decent. Hayate is great comedy, but it does get a little repetitive toward the end and it helps a lot to know the references as they aired. Tokyo Ghoul, well I never read it.
posted
Seraph gets good? ... NANI?
posted

Green Platinum wrote:

Seraph gets good? ... NANI?
I personally thinks it gets better, but I do agree that it is not the author's best work.
posted
Now i dont acctualy read manga but i wana get in to it...
so since i cant say what i normally read since i dont.
Whats a manga that i can start with?
posted
idk but this is really good everyone, https://myanimelist.net/manga/107138/Te ... Care_of_Me >///<
posted
I really liked The Promised Neverland, it's a great manga.
posted
I actually bought the manga called "Kodomo no Jikan(こどものじかん)" or in English Children's Hour. I did not finish the manga because there were only vol 1-6 available hard copy in my local book store. Even though I only read vol 1-6, I think Children's Hour is a great manga in terms of story.

(spoiler alert)
Children's Hour is about a teacher named Daisuke Aoki. He is a 23 years old teacher, who teaches grade–schoolers. Throughout his days, he always end up in a embarrassing(?) situation with rin, who is one of the student of Aoki. Those embarrassing situation includes kissing and some skinships (スキンシップ), which means "non-sexual touching between very close platonic friends" according to urban dictionary. Eventually, Aoki finds out why she act this way and soon he started to care about her and almost love her....

I know some people are disgust about how Kodomo no Jikan, the author, draw a lewd loli. One might even say it is straight up lolicon doujinshi(同人誌), but I still respect him because the visual and the entertainment (° ͜ʖ°). Plus, I personally like lolis because of their cuteness😏😏😏. I rate this manga 8/10 and I would recommend this to loli lovers :D