forum

Tablet keeps moving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
usa
hi~

Myth: Playing with a tablet on top of a desk pad stops it from moving as much compared to desk surface.
Real or bust?
I tried this with my mouse pad and it just made it the sliding worse.
Also any recommendations if they work?

thx~
Aqo
apply duct tape
thy problem be solved

/thread
Topic Starter
usa

Aqo wrote:

apply duct tape
thy problem be solved

/thread
NUUUUU I don't want to glue my tablet to the desk.
I switch between mouse and tablet and carry them with me.
Just wondering if desk pads work in this regard
Yarissa
I have my tablet wedged between my keyboard and mouse pad. It hardly slides around.
Topic Starter
usa

Kaoru wrote:

I have my tablet wedged between my keyboard and mouse pad. It hardly slides around.
this could work nicely, ty
buny
my tablet hardly/doesn't move on my desk
Oinari-sama
Have you tried placing a thin rubber mat under your tablet? Even those from supermarkets designed to help you open bottles and jars should work.
Topic Starter
usa

Oinari-sama wrote:

Have you tried placing a thin rubber mat under your tablet? Even those from supermarkets designed to help you open bottles and jars should work.
Nope, but I'll look into it thx. For the most part, my tablet doesn't move very often (like buny). The thing with the desk pad was more for convenience with my mouse and I was just wondering if it could help with a tablet too because I've heard some people use them that way.
winber1
i use scotch tape to tape my tablet down. not even kidding. when I go back to my house from college and bring my tablet home, I retape it again.

no seriously

it's also in between an external hard drive and my mouse pad
Topic Starter
usa

winber1 wrote:

i use scotch tape to tape my tablet down. not even kidding. when I go back to my house from college and bring my tablet home, I retape it again.

no seriously

that dedication =A=;;
Amorpha_old
[deleted]
ziin
Amorpha_old
[deleted]
Lance
Duct ta-

ziin wrote:

Yeah that.
ziin
I play with a mouse.

If your hand is moving your touchpad then you should secure your touchpad in such a way that it will have more friction. Duct tape is one method that will ensure waterproofing.
buny
i dont understand how you even move it

my hand just slides across my tablet
Kanye West
He must have sticky hands.
zozozofun
I hold my tablet with my thumb while playing.
Aqo

Amorpha wrote:

Do you really actually use duct tape? o_o
Yes

When I use the mouse my tablet surface is sandwiched between the table and mousepad. The ever unmoving tablet. It's like a permanent part of the table by now.
Amorpha_old
[deleted]
Oinari-sama
Why does this feel like a deja vu...

Oh wait http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/114485
LoGo
I use this.
SPOILER

PROPOWER
CXu
JAKACHAN
I had this problem with my last gen tablet, it was sliding, but my connect doesn't.

While I still used the last gen I literally took a piece of duct tape and rolled it so it was double sided and stuck it to the bottom. Problem solved.
Daru

Shelf liner works awesome.
Espionage724
I have this problem too... both my mouse pad and tablet bottom are rubber, and yet they just easily glide on my wooden table. Duck Tape is a bit... too extreme :p Shelf liner seems pretty decent though
-Soba-
callous the part of your hand that touches the tablet and it won't move at all!
Topic Starter
usa

-Soba- wrote:

callous the part of your hand that touches the tablet and it won't move at all!
It is already o3o and it doesn't move as much anymore ty ~<3 Also, dat bump ;[
MillhioreF
Honestly? There's two threads active right now about the same thing, I'mma just go ahead and merge them.
thelewa

Usa wrote:

winber1 wrote:

no seriously

that dedication =A=;;
My tablet is glued to the desk

yeah
Water Wolf
hmmmmmmmmm, i'm using wacom ctl 470. No such problem O.o
JAKACHAN
I don't think using duct tape is overdoing it. I can easily take the tape right off my tablet or move it from my desk and it doesn't have a problem. It's just enough stick to keep it there but not enough to make it impossible to move when you want to.
Hikaros

JAKACHAN wrote:

I don't think using duct tape is overdoing it. I can easily take the tape right off my tablet or move it from my desk and it doesn't have a problem. It's just enough stick to keep it there but not enough to make it impossible to move when you want to.
lmao i never had this problem. I just put it over my mousepad which is this one:

It never ever slided o.O