forum

Bo - Yokohama

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SuperMoutarde
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on mardi 5 mars 2013 at 00:15:52

Artist: Bo
Title: Yokohama
BPM: 110
Filesize: 15972kb
Play Time: 02:18
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,92 stars, 131 notes)
  2. Hard (4,99 stars, 375 notes)
  3. Normal (4,24 stars, 241 notes)
Download: Bo - Yokohama
Download: Bo - Yokohama (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
All complete now with hitsounds ~ moved to pending
Cancel
Because I didn't mod the other song, I thought I would mod this one.

General

BPM is actually 200. Once you change this, change Slider Velocity to 1,50.
Things like these > http://puu.sh/1Usah < aren't rankable anymore (I do not know sure. But you use them WAAAAAAAY too lot.) .

Before I can mod this difficulty, please fix the things that are noted in blue.
Topic Starter
SuperMoutarde
hm no change
Moway
Hello, M4M sorry for the delay.

[Hard]

Needs hitsounds! I think the standard normal hitset sounds great with this song, just adding claps on the red ticks does a lot for it, but of course the song could use more than that. Hereis a basic hitsounding of this map, feel free to use if you'd like.

I personally like how this map plays with further spacing. I like the way it plays more if you use a DS of 1.0 for the choruses. Just feels better and seems to fit the music more.

00:20:259 (1,2) - space these so they don't touch, I think it would look better.
00:22:441 (1,2) - ^
01:34:441 (6) - NC
02:00:350 (6) - This would be much better if it were made symmetrical
02:03:895 (5,6,1) - The difference in spacing between (5,6) and (6,1) look almost the same even though the difference in time is different. Increase the spacing between (6) and (1) in order to make playing this more intuitive.

I'm personally not a fan of places like 00:10:304 (4,5) - where you have that 1/4 note stacked on the end of the previous slider in the kiai time. To me that breaks the flow completely during the chorus which is something that you want to happen. It works well in the quieter parts because the song is less active so flow is less important.
Topic Starter
SuperMoutarde
Thank you Moway! I had not seen your mod since it was in the graveyard lol. I just realized you had posted here yesterday when I resurrected this, thanks a lot for the hitsounds suggestions! I am giving priority to my other map for now but as soon as I have little time, I'll apply this mod :)

edit: done, thanks again for hitsound suggestion. I also applied the NC and changed a bit the spacing you pointed out in guitar solo. Rest I prefer to keep it unchanged
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.