forum

How to determine the exact BPM of a nightcore?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Esutarosa
Yes, how to define / find it exactly? Are there any sites for this, but better programs (immediately link)
Asphiee
I don't have any experience timing a night core but I believe it's just the same as any other songs? I mean the beats are still there so I don't understand what's the problem.
Zelzatter Zero

Asphyre wrote:

I don't have any experience timing a night core but I believe it's just the same as any other songs? I mean the beats are still there so I don't understand what's the problem.
the problem is that most nightcore songs out there has decimal BPM, and 90% has it rounded up to 3 digits. OP has some mapping experience beforehand, which means he hasn't brought this up for no reason if the solution is just as simple as that.
Topic Starter
Esutarosa

Asphyre wrote:

but I believe it's just the same as any other songs? I mean the beats are still there so I don't understand what's the problem.
No, the rhythm in nightcore is non-standard (for frequent). Let's say the same 180 bpm in nightcore can be 180.4 or 180.2 - and it makes sense and the difference

It also happens that the rhythm changes very often. Yes, it can be fixed 1/3 or 1/5. But, there is such a rhythm that every 2 notes is 1/5 - 1/8 - 1/3 - 1/14. It's already easier for me to put a new bpm section than to sit and play

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

the problem is that most nightcore songs out there has decimal BPM, and 90% has it rounded up to 3 digits. OP has some mapping experience beforehand, which means he hasn't brought this up for no reason if the solution is just as simple as that.
Yes. But I still can't figure out what the problem is. This is either the wrong value of the bpm. Either I'm map to the wrong ticks. Although no, there often everything goes to white and red (as it should be), but there are moments in yellow, purple and other ticks. Moreover, when mapping it is one thing, but when playing it looks awful...

It's bad. I'll try to double-check the bpm
Asphiee
hmm so thats why. sry
xenal
Timing nightcore is the same as timing any other song, just that you have to use decimals and be very precise. Usually, those songs are single bpm, so you can time it like normal and make sure both the very first and very last beats are correctly aligned with a white tick by making tiny adjustments in the decimals. If it have multiple bpm, you can still do similar but by taking the beat at the timing change.
Topic Starter
Esutarosa
thanks, I'll take note