forum

Ranked beatmap difficulty to be human evaluated [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Ok so I think we can all agree that the current difficulty calculator does not work in any shape or form. No need to explain. Right?

Anyway this is not the Technical Support forum, so how about this. When a map gets ranked, or something like that, then a BAT or someone else who likes to do boring stuff as well judges the difficulty, and replaces the wrong estimate that the calculator gives, with the correct one. Should not be too difficult.

I mean the difficulty rating affects the PP gain from the song, its ridiculous because of how inaccurate the difficulty calculator is, so i think it really should be addressed this way. Also it would make things more organised and convenient.
TakuMii
Good luck doing that with the thousands/millions of songs already available.
MillhioreF
This is a duplicate of a denied request, anyway: t/58826
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

YayMii wrote:

Good luck doing that with the thousands/millions of songs already available.
Acording to my calculations there are 7234 ranked beat maps at the time of this post. Many of these have multiple difficulties.

Considering that just the BATs have a total play count of like 750 000 it does not seem too impossible.
Also who cares about the old maps that nobody plays. Also the more this issue waits, the larger the stack will become.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

MillhioreF wrote:

This is a duplicate of a denied request, anyway: t/58826
The one u linked was closed because there was already a thread about it. This one
t/44753/start=0

It got much support, and was not clsoed, but was ignored because
A new star difficulty system was in the works last year, so I think it would be better to wait for that than to implement something like this. :c
This was post 2 years ago.

MillhioreF
Oh, good find. Go ahead and bump the dead request - that's acceptable in this forum.