forum

Replay Comment [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
WyndII
Oh god, this isn't rank yet?

SPOILER
☆☆☆
no need to worry. Peppy is working hard for this, right? =3
Sleep Powder
Ability for beatmap owner/mod to delete comments and have a comments cap?
WyndII
^yes~
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Haha, people luv this.

:)
FurukawaPan
I'm still interested in seeing this

A nico-nico style player would be fun too, maybe as a UI to this feature. (Comment buttons)
Derekku
I can't wait to see the spam on the most popular songs.

wwwwwwwwwwwwww
w
w
w
w
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

wwwwwwwwwwwwww
w
w
w
w
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Lissette
Support!
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

wwwwwwwwwwwwww
w
w
w
w
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I loled.

And yeah, It would be so awesome for this feature to get implemented.
CheeseWarlock
This is still getting more support?...

I still don't like this; it feels similar to Youtube comments (or annotations) and we all know how intelligent those are. Even some of the people supporting it are saying they "can't wait to see the spam"; I'd call that a bad sign. Plus, replays are automatically generated. That means that people can leave comments on thousands of things that people didn't even intentionally make available for commenting on. Thousands of comment boxes to be abused, and I don't know how many people would actually comment on any given replay. Not enough to really generate discussion. Basically, I just can't think of anything PRODUCTIVE that will come from this.

I'd much rather see commenting on maps encouraged and made easier. At least then all the "baka baka~" spam would be in one place. If you really want attention for your replays, upload them to Youtube or something.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

CheeseWarlock wrote:

If you really want attention for your replays, upload them to Youtube or something.
Why take this to another community when you can apply them here?

There will always be bad comments as well as "bad ratings" for maps.

You CANT avoid or delete the bad ratings that were assigned to your beatmaps, but if this feature gets implemented, it should let you (The player whos replay was commented) delete the comments that are off.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
FurukawaPan
As far as deletions are concerned, something like this should work like forums permissions. i.e. I cannot delete someone else's post from my own thread, but that individual may withdraw their statement (or a moderator can delete any post, if it violates rules). If you the player of the map find something offensive, you could report it the same as a forum post.

I really don't see there being too much of a problem so long as (someone) is able to moderate the comments.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
rust45
If this does get implemented, there needs to be a way to prevent comments on songs that are going to get out of the top 40 pretty quickly due to being played right after being ranked. Maybe have there be a certain amount of plays on a map before you can comment?
CheeseWarlock

Sir Minelli wrote:

Yeah I saw that coming, but I still disagree with cheesewarlock about NOT having them here and posting those somewhere else.
I'm not really saying that comments relating to replays should be posted anywhere else (I was talking about comments related to the song/map itself, not the replay). What I want to know is, what PURPOSEFUL comments can come from allowing people to post on individual replays?

"Nice elite beat~"
"lol, 100 on easiest part"
"wwwwwwwwwww"
"C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER"
"ure so good"
"Awesome playing as always :D"
"orz"
"u suk"

That's what I see happening with this feature. Praise for the player (nice, but do we really need an entire hugbox system?), antagonism (people might get upset, possibly more work for moderators), and spam comments that don't even mean anything. Give me a good reason to think the comments would be any better than this and I'll support this.
Gabi

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Give me a good reason to think the comments would be any better than this and I'll support this.
moral boost
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Gabi wrote:

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Give me a good reason to think the comments would be any better than this and I'll support this.
moral boost
That is a good reason, but we cannot forget the fact that there might be also "bad comments" which will "moral decrease" as well. Think global though.

A good reason in my opinion is that many many players get to watch many many replays.
If they go woahhhh or lol, give them a chance to express it.

Every time I watch a replay, and I like it or maybe find it funny, I don't get the chance to tell the player that.
Of course I could wait till the player comes online and if I am online as well and I remember the fact that I watched his replay, I could tell him directly... But no, a comment works a lot better.

Modders will be there to delete insulting comments (which will be hard to find, because only the top 40 players get replays, meaning that they are in the mayority, good replays)

I doubt that the replays will go like "youtube" replays, those start talking even of other subjects.

So.. if you are scared of it, limit it to - 1 replay comment per player -

You can only comment ONCE at a particular replay. (So yeah choose your comment carefully)
SecksyJennie
Omg Awesome idea!
I totally support this idea !
peppy
Just throwing this in, but would comments be better attached to the beatmap rather than the replay? They are going to be quite sparse if done on a per-replay basis (except for the #1 play of the map I guess).
Gemi

peppy wrote:

Just throwing this in, but would comments be better attached to the beatmap rather than the replay? They are going to be quite sparse if done on a per-replay basis (except for the #1 play of the map I guess).
I think a per beatmap or even a per song basis might be good.
Chozx
XD I think its a good idea
We can try it? for maybe 1 week or something to test it
Is there to many offensive languague, Then maybe its not cool....
Then we delete the Replay Comment.
If it is going cool and non offensive words we can have it??
peppy
Ignoring useless post.

So as for the beatmap vs beatmapset argument...

If it is done per beatmap (dfficulty) it could be used to comment on the mapping style.
If it is doner per set (song) it would be a lot more vague and probably less useful?

This could also potentially be used as a temporary modding system while AIMod is still in development (comments being reset on rank).
Gabi

peppy wrote:

If it is done per beatmap (dfficulty) it could be used to comment on the mapping style.
eh are you talking about commenting on the replay of a player or the beatmap? cause you could just post comments about the beatmap on the actual topic.

my bad if i misunderstood
peppy
How about you read the last few posts at least. *sigh*.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Gemi

peppy wrote:

If it is doner per set (song) it would be a lot more vague and probably less useful?
Good point. Per beatmap is probably better.

Also, due to the fact that people improve on their scores so often it is not feasible to implement comments on a "per replay" basis. Besides, there are so many replays that the comments would be basically empty for most of them, making this quite useless.
peppy
Agreed. Per beatmap sounds like a good deal. This feature shouldn't take too long to implement, and I see it being very fun and cool so I will get it in asap.
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

This could also potentially be used as a temporary modding system while AIMod is still in development (comments being reset on rank).
That'd be awesome; players make comments to a WIP/unranked map as they are playing it as a quick mod. "wth ninja spinner?" "I love this pattern =]" "Add some hitsounds here" The mapper just goes through his map in the editor with comments enabled to see mods.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
It's been decided.

8-)
Derekku
anonymous_old
Derekku

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Reminds me of that "notes in editor" feature request o:
Yeah, but this is better. =]
No duh. :P
bmin11
I haven't read all the posts yet, but just want to make sure are we having a filter rather then BAT monitering
peppy
There will be no filter. Abusers will be banned, though.
FurukawaPan

peppy wrote:

Agreed. Per beatmap sounds like a good deal. This feature shouldn't take too long to implement, and I see it being very fun and cool so I will get it in asap.
I can't wait to see how this looks.

v(≧∇≦)v イェェ~イ♪
anonymous_old
peppy
Go for it.
anonymous_old
peppy
Video doesn't play on either of my PCs.
show more