forum

Beatmap storyboard data limit. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Hi. I like to download the newest songs each day. I almost always download without video, exept if its a video that I specificly like, so that I safe my hard disk space.

Today 2 of the 4 maps I downloaded were +18Mb of file size, bigger than many maps with video. This was because of the huge aumont of story boarding used.

So how about this. Limit story boarding to something like 2Mb+0,5Mb for each minute of song lenght? Would save alot of memory from hard disk.
deadbeat
maps with storyboards, as far i know are meant to all ready keep to a certain file size. i'm not 100% on that so i'll wait for someone else to post who does know if that is true or not
Kuro

Sea_Food wrote:

Today 2 of the 4 maps I downloaded were +18Mb of file size, bigger than many maps with video. This was because of the huge aumont of story boarding used.
If your pc's hard drive can't handle something as small as 18 Mb of SB then I recommend you invest in an external hard drive.

Sea_Food wrote:

Limit story boarding to something like 2Mb+0,5Mb for each minute of song lenght? Would save alot of memory from hard disk.
I don't see any reason to severely limit storyboarding to such a minuscule amount of memory. This'll only interfere with the creativity of storyboarders.

No support

deadbeat wrote:

maps with storyboards, as far i know are meant to all ready keep to a certain file size. i'm not 100% on that so i'll wait for someone else to post who does know if that is true or not
I don't believe so. There are other rules concerning it but I don't think none set an exact maximum size. This might help out a bit.
MillhioreF
The cap on map filesize is already 24 MB. How the mapper fills that is up to them (videos, SB, skin elements, etc.)
merchat7
Also 2mb is way too low. A 1min 30sec song with a 192kbs, the mp3 already takes up 2mb. 0.5mb is roughly equivalent to 2-3jpg images not including background, custom hitsounds or skin. Assuming those two songs you download were songs longer than 3min, the file size is reasonable. If they were TV Size/Short Ver/Cut Ver stuff then maybe there's a problem.
deadbeat

MillhioreF wrote:

The cap on map filesize is already 24 MB. How the mapper fills that is up to them (videos, SB, skin elements, etc.)
based on that, this would be invalid?
MillhioreF
Yeah, I'd say so.