forum

Download maps without story boards [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Hi. I like to download the newest songs each day. I almost always download without video, exept if its a video that I specificly like, so that I safe my hard disk space.

Today 2 of the 4 maps I downloaded were +18Mb of file size, bigger than many maps with video. This was because of the huge aumont of story boarding used.

So please, let me save memory and let me download without storyboard, so i dont have to go trough the trouble to delete it my self.
theowest
I fear this would lead to being able to play without even have to look at the SB. An option to let you disable all SBs on all beatmaps, much like the current video option.

I don't think the devs would like this very much. But I see where you're coming from at this, many normal users will probably support this.
deadbeat
peppy has all ready said that this will not be a option.
kirigherkins
-
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Yeah now that you have auto 100%dim, auto disavle video, auto disable skin and auto disable storyboards, the one argument presented against this is pretty out dated.

deadbeat wrote:

peppy has all ready said that this will not be a option.
I also would like that people would stop using the "bluename has said something" when he said it a really long time ago. Especially mods using it as a reason to mark threads invalid. Sure the above was not true yet when this thread was marked but it was already really old information and IIRC i seen threads marked based on up to 4years old quotes by bluename.

Same goes the other way around in threads like touhosu.
Piine
I don't see the purpose of why players can't have this. We already have No-Vid Downloading. Why not No Storyboard download. May put a strain on the server, but not impossible.