forum

[Solved] A cheap keypad for osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zanem0ne
I've been using a mechanical keyboard on blue switches and Logitech G102 for all my games and everyday stuff for around 2 years, however now I don't play any games except osu!, so I've decided to sold them and get some money instead. For osu! I already ordered a tablet and I'd like to get a keypad for it.

I type fast (550 CPM, it's considered to be fast), however having mechanical keyboard doesn't worth it for me because of its' price, and I think it's anyway more profitable for me to buy a keypad containing only 2 keys to play osu!.

So, are there any cheap keypads for osu!? I've looked for it, but the market is quite large with a huge range of prices and it's hard to choose.

Thanks.
HecaRegina
I strongly advice against using just a 2-key keypad.

One main reason is because there's this bug after months of playing where sometimes randomly pop up in certain players where somehow, they keys didn't register at all. (Already a few threads in help section) Unfortunately, from what they replied to me, they can't use the devices anymore. This happened to me too and luckily for me, I simply rebind the keys.

Also you might never know you will have to use for other games in the future so I recommend getting those keypad with more keys, but not a full keyboard. Like you, I only used for osu but ended up using it for 1 or 2 other games in the end.

Brands like Varmilo & Ducky are great. I only experienced with Varmilo so far they served me well for months already with no issue and great quality.

I got a 21-key keypad as shown this website (look at the 20% category): https://en.varmilo.com/keyboardproscenium/

They range from 40-50 US Dollars so depends on your budget.
TeIe
Do you know if the pcb is hot-swappable?
Topic Starter
zanem0ne

HecaRegina wrote:

I strongly advice against using just a 2-key keypad.

One main reason is because there's this bug after months of playing where sometimes randomly pop up in certain players where somehow, they keys didn't register at all. (Already a few threads in help section) Unfortunately, from what they replied to me, they can't use the devices anymore. This happened to me too and luckily for me, I simply rebind the keys.

Also you might never know you will have to use for other games in the future so I recommend getting those keypad with more keys, but not a full keyboard. Like you, I only used for osu but ended up using it for 1 or 2 other games in the end.

Brands like Varmilo & Ducky are great. I only experienced with Varmilo so far they served me well for months already with no issue and great quality.

I got a 21-key keypad as shown this website (look at the 20% category): https://en.varmilo.com/keyboardproscenium/

They range from 40-50 US Dollars so depends on your budget.
Alright, thanks.

Telebtw wrote:

Do you jnow if the pcb is hot-swappable?
No, you're better to create your own post on this forum.