Map Speed Changer - Release! (Now with source code!)

posted
Total Posts
50
show more
theowest
Can you possibly make an example map where you've used this program of yours? I don't really want to make one myself just to try it out.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Oh, sure. Here's one I have saved in my puush (will edit this post later to add more)
http://puu.sh/1PppR

Also see http://osu.ppy.sh/s/68740, which WASN'T made by my program but rather was made manually, and served as the inspiration.
theowest

MillhioreF wrote:

Oh, sure. Here's one I have saved in my puush (will edit this post later to add more)
http://puu.sh/1PppR

Also see http://osu.ppy.sh/s/68740, which WASN'T made by my program but rather was made manually, and served as the inspiration.
Thanks! You could maybe add it to the OP too if you want, just as an example.

here's another map: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/58452
Winshley
Would be more awesome if there's also MP3 converter as well. :P

I was thinking that the offset might differ to the converted MP3 because there's a chance that the converted one may give some milliseconds of silence at start, but that can still be done manually though.

Another issue is probably the OD, as slow notes are harder to time than fast ones under same OD.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
I'd make it convert the MP3 too if I knew how... Audacity doesn't seem to have an API for using it remotely, so I don't think it's feasable. I might release an update to automatically adjust the difficulty stats at some point, too.
Aqo
So I've been trying to use this and it's reallly nice, GJ Millhiore.
One thing tho, can you add an option to edit speed by bpm and not be percent?
i.e. right now if I want to convert 200bpm to 300bpm I have to type "150" for 150% speed, I want an option to type "200" and "300" to get that.
This would be useful when trying to convert speeds like 163.85 into 180 which is really hard to do with % change. (needless to say, please add support for floats in this and not just integers)
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Floats are supported already, of course. I should be able to add raw BPM support too, good idea - I'll look at doing that later today.

Update: Version 1.1 released! Adds the requested BPM specification as well as fixes a couple small issues. Download link is in the OP, or here for the lazy: Download
Aqo
Thanks a ton! <3
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Couple more bug fixes, the most important of which being that mania maps should work better now.

Download
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Big release! This one fixes some parsing issues in v9 maps as well as streamlines the input and output further.

Download
Niko
"Processing beatmap headers failed" error in game when I try to adjust the speed of this map ;_;
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Works fine for me. Try again - if it still happens, can you send me the corrupt .osu file?
mrk
Could you made a public version for dudes with american key-layout.
Because after converting osu says the file is corrupt due to wrong signs in the timestamps :S

As a non-american key-layout user you either have to change the "," in the timestamps to "." for the non-integer numbers or rewrite the bat correctly :S

Cost me a lot of time to figure the problem out^^


P.S.: That is why all european guys in here, have the problem with "Processing beatmap headers failed".
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
I've already fixed that issue thanks to Niko, but I haven't put up another version yet because I meant to add a couple of other things (like not closing the program totally if you typo the name of the .osu file)
I'll try to get it out over the next day or so.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Finally got around to this! I've added looping (for mass conversions) and attempted to fix the issue Europeans were having with decimal separators. I'd appreciate it if someone could test that out, since I'm unable to myself.
Download
mrk
Does not work for me. It always says, it can't find the file.

One Example:

Tried several .osu files
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Oh darn, I totally forgot to release the fix for that. Will update once I'm back home from work @_@
For now, rename the file so there are no brackets in the filename and it'll work.
mrk
It converted it correctly, but osu! still says its corrupted, looked through the osz, but it seemed fine to me.
After that i opened it with the ingameeditor and the timing was done right and the circle were also at the same place, so i can't figure out the problem. I'll just changed my language-overlay to american keyboard in windows and using yours without a prob :)

Here are some of my speed-ups thanks to MillhioreF

Here my list.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Bugfix update is out. Sorry for the inconvenience!
mrk

MillhioreF wrote:

Bugfix update is out. Sorry for the inconvenience!
works now with both decimalformats, thank you.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply