forum

Slow circle fade effect like the idke skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
assurni
Recently I've been trying a lot of stuff out to find out whats needed in the skin to make circles fade away slower. It makes the game look cleaner imo and I wanted to add it to my skin. I thought this might help some people, so im gonna share what I found out.
It has to do with the skin.ini file, right at the top there should be line which says version. People put this over 2 in order to have preview pictures in the song selection, but when putting it to 1, you get the older skin style and the circles fade slower. When adding this you won't have preview pictures in the song selection tho, so one reason i made this post is to find out if someone has any other methods adding this effect to the circles without having to use a lower version...
RockRoller
well people aren't using Version 2 for the thumbnail support. The thing is that with version 2 most things have new anchor points. For example, in version 1 you can't do any of the fancy song selection stuff people do nowadays.

You technically could just skin the fade out animation onto all of the hitbursts, that way you can even adjust the speed to exactly what you want
Topic Starter
assurni
Ah I see, I'm pretty new to skinning so I'm sorry if something I say is wrong. What are the data names for hitbursts?
RockRoller
This sheet has all the info you need: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bhnV-CQRMy3Z0npQd9XSoTdkYxz0ew5e648S00qkJZ8/edit#gid=2074725196

There is also this pinned post that has lots of other usefull information.
Topic Starter
assurni
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help