forum

Do you mash on non-spaced 1/4 sliders?

posted
Total Posts

How do you usually react?

Mash on 1/4 sliders (stream on them)
22.90%
Alternate on 1/4 sliders (different fingers, 1/2 tempo)
38.17%
Singletap 1/4 sliders (one finger, 1/2 tempo)
24.43%
I don't know what this thread is about
14.50%
Total votes: 131
show more
Zare
Yeah, play some maps with actual 1/4 sliderjumps, like grumd's new map http://osu.ppy.sh/s/57525
Topic Starter
Aqo

Zarerion wrote:

Why is that contradicting. The slider latency allows you to basically treat 1/4 sliders like 1/2 circle, and for a lot of people singletapping is easier than alternating
Maybe, but I'm used to alternate on everything and it's more natural to do it on 1/2 circles and yet the brainpower needed to alternate on 1/4 sliders in still bigger with alternate than with singletap despite usual habits. meh. You still need to hold them down for a little if you don't want to get 100 on their tip, even if you don't usually notice this.

Also on maps like the new Shuffle Heaven ExtrA it's pretty much impossible to singletap them for 300s unless you're ridiculously fast. I still find sliders like those easier to play like 380bpm sliders with alternate. It's like the note spacing activates a reading switch or something . . .

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/178339&m=0 [Hysteric] random mash vs read research

00:04:521 (1) - can't read, mash~ starts after stream and no spacing!
00:31:092 (1,2) - maaassshhh wtf is this
00:35:892 (1,2) - hysteric mash

01:08:806 (4,5) - easy to read and play right, sliders are 1/2 spaced!

01:13:778 (1,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - mash on everything and not afraid of anything
01:26:978 (1,2) - oh god

02:45:663 (1,2,1,2) - easy to read and FC/SS consistently. what???
02:47:549 (1,2) - easy to read... but why!?
02:56:806 (3,4,5,6) - ridiculously easy to read and play. but isn't this the opposite of logic

03:12:578 (7,8) - but this is confusing
03:29:549 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - and yet this part is easy to read and play
04:00:921 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - again easy, even tho you'd think this would be hard since it's after stream but nope

04:02:978 (7) - and yet this is hard to read. mash here. wut.

Difficulty of reading 1/4 sliders is like:
More spaced = easier
Comes after stream = harder
No spacing, inside stream = nightmare level, however fantastically SSable with mash
darkmiz
We should alternate everything like Silvia
buny
when i single tap 1/4 sliders i get all 100s

teach ur ways pls
thelewa
just look at my replay on Neu.
jesse1412
I do it all on all speeds, completely depends on which finger I start with and if I'm even slightly confused.
Cyclohexane
I'm very schizophrenic about the subject. Sometimes I mash, sometimes I single tap, sometimes I alternate, without any rhyme or reason as to why.
Winshley
I mash dem sliders, disregarding BPM. (Right, I'm a pussy when it comes to Accuracy :P)

Only in rare cases that I might do single-tap on them, and it's often spaced.
Zare

Winshley wrote:

(Right, I'm a pussy when it comes to Accuracy :P)

ok.
Winshley

Zarerion wrote:

Winshley wrote:

(Right, I'm a pussy when it comes to Accuracy :P)

ok.
I meant that I would rather mash the sliders to get more accuracy than single-tapping. I tend to release too early if I try to single-tap them, yielding some 100s for incomplete sliders.
buny
i end up mashing when i try to learn alternating too
-Soba-
I 1key them because I'm a man and men do that
Almost
Mashing mindlessly is easier than single tapping them but then again, my single tapping is too slow :( .
Zare

Winshley wrote:

I meant that I would rather mash the sliders to get more accuracy than single-tapping. I tend to release too early if I try to single-tap them, yielding some 100s for incomplete sliders.
Oh ok then. But actually, I don't really have this problem. As long as I can read the slider and keep up with the speed of the mapping (not necessarily talking about BPM here, but rather the density of the notes and the mapping itself) I have no real problem to 300 such sliders (singletapping, i mean)
Winshley
My single-tap speed isn't good, I could either score 100s on previous slider or breaking combo for missing tap on the next slider.
winber1
i alternate almost everysingle one of them, in very rare instances where i cannot read it well because of the fast streams and very awkwardly placed (rhythmically) 1/4 sliders I will either single tap or spam.
Raging Bull
Single tap on ones i can actually read. Spam unreadables.
7H0R
I don't see how anyone plays these notes as anything other than identical to 1/2 circles. I'm with thelewa on this one...
buny
I don't see how anyone plays ar12 anything other than identical to ar0 circles.
silmarilen
so i played some of these sliders and i can say i alternate them on 1/2 speed
Maneuver
Hmm, my clicking style is like SiLviA which alternate everything, so i think its obviously alternate on it cause i can't single tap xD. As on mashing is when i can't follow the rhythm on it =S
Eldirlol
I singletap readables and trying to alternate those damn others but it mostly ends up mashing them.

buny wrote:

i end up mashing when i try to learn alternating too
^this :/ otherwise i singletap readables and spam the rest :P