forum

More funspoiler options such as:

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
Enable video even if video is disabled in options.
Per-song volume changes for effects and music sounds. (even in newer maps some songs are too low in volume)
Universal volume meter (imo still useful even if you can change it while playing)
Quick-option to change to secondary skin (make it so you can select secondary skin in skin options).

+ more. There's so many possibilities.

Post any more ideas in this thread if you'd like.
theowest
They are called visual settings now.

When it comes to chaning the hitsounds of the map, there's this request: t/108622/
If you can change the universal volume, you shouldn't have to be able to change more than hitsounds. We can do this by holding down Ctrl + shift and scrolling. This works even if you have the mouse wheel disabled while playing.
So your second suggestion there is basically MMzz's request but with a volume changer for music too.

We already have a Universal volume meter which you can acess by holding down Ctrl + Shift and scrolling, this works pretty much everywhere in osu! afaik. However it is not a visual setting. Make a more general quick setting box? Might be useful for this request: t/108622

I don't see why you're in a hurry to change your skin. Why would it make too much of a difference. You don't change your skin all that often.

"+ more"
I pretty much invalid your suggestions here. If there are no other ideas there is no point of this request. It will just leave this request with nothing but asking people to come up with another visual setting.
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
True it's called visual settings, but is there a reason why the options should be only limited to the visual settings of the map? The way I see it, it's a quick and convenient way to adjust options before playing a map. That's why I think it has a lot of potential, because you can add anything there, however minor it is (which I do agree my suggestions are minor changes).
theowest
but there's nothing left, except the video request. We can already hold down Ctrl + shift and scroll to change volume. Why would we need a quicker (not really) option for this?
Anzo
That video thingy is great... Something like "Default Video BG Option" instead of just "Video Background" that if it is not ticked, video is disabled by default in the visual settings and vice versa...
TheVileOne

Saph1 wrote:

Enable video even if video is disabled in options. I don't think peppy likes adding tons of different ways to do the same thing.
Per-song volume changes for effects and music sounds. (even in newer maps some songs are too low in volume) Yes. Effects should be adjustable per song, but it isn't a visual setting
Universal volume meter (imo still useful even if you can change it while playing) See Comment 1
Quick-option to change to secondary skin (make it so you can select secondary skin in skin options). You would still need to restart the song, but yes a feature such as this should be included at some point.

+ more. There's so many possibilities.

Post any more ideas in this thread if you'd like.
theowest
I don't understand why you would want to change your skin through the visual settings. Don't you want to preview them first? What if you have lots of skins, I can't imagine a list of skins at the visual settings.

If you can already do it by going to options, why have this second way of doing it. It doesn't save you all that much time and besides, who changes their skin that often?
TheVileOne
Visual settings are for per song options. If you want a particular skin for a song, this would be useful.

Also you hold a very narrow minded opinion of skin users. I don't even use my alternate skin very often, because I can't quickly change between skins. And no I don't need to preview skins. I can remember what they look like. Anyways that's a completely different topic.
bwross

theowest wrote:

If you can already do it by going to options, why have this second way of doing it. It doesn't save you all that much time and besides, who changes their skin that often?
The thing is, I don't change my skin that often because it is inconvenient to do and the game won't remember what I selected for a map anyways. If I could easily toggle in an alternate skin (or just a set of alternate items), I can think of two things off the top of my head that I'd immediately do: (1) an alternate cursor, and (2) a taiko sound set where my taiko-soft set is moved up to taiko-normal. There are probably other things I'll want to do as well (maybe an alternate set of follow points). These are things I'll want when I come back to the map and probably not want on the next map I play... which means to currently do this I need to go up into the options before playing the map and then after it, every time I play that map. Which is why I don't bother.
[Dellirium]

Saph1 wrote:

Enable video even if video is disabled in options.
I like the idea.