forum

[Archived] OBS Drops Frames In Song Select

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-iMaCH-
as of late when ever i stream Osu! i will consistantly drop between 12% - 18% of my frames, and looking back at the vod the main time it happens is when im in the song select... i know its not my PC cause my laptop can stream at 720p30 and it has worse specs. it also doesnt drop these frames when recording only streaming. any help is appreciated ^-^

desktop specs:
gtx 1060 6gb
ryzen 7 1700x
16 gb ram

laptop specs:
gtx 1650
ryzen 5 3550h
8gb ram

osu! version: Stable 20200911 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Dropped Frames typically are indicative of your network unable to transmit the full amount of data you are trying to send.

Skipped frames are caused by CPU unable to render fast enough and output.

So check your internet, you are probably hitting the limit of what you can upload.
Topic Starter
-iMaCH-

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Dropped Frames typically are indicative of your network unable to transmit the full amount of data you are trying to send.

Skipped frames are caused by CPU unable to render fast enough and output.

So check your internet, you are probably hitting the limit of what you can upload.
this is what everyone seems to say how ever the issue doesnt persist on my laptop and i stream with higher settings on my laptop.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Maybe your network adapter is shit on your PC or however you have it setup has a worse connection. Try changing stream receiving server and see if it helps.
Topic Starter
-iMaCH-
that doesnt seem to help i had 0% dropped frames then iu opened osu! and its sitting at 14%