forum

Picking up Osu again after a few years!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lking22
Hi there! My name's Lauren! I've played Osu a few times before, but it's been years since the last time I was really into it. I'm excited to see all the new changes to the site, and how big the community's gotten since I was last here!

I play using a drawing tablet, since I find desktop Osu better for me than the mobile version, but I still want that direct one-to-one connection between my hand and the cursor. The maps I play are usually more anime based, though I also do a lot of videogame music. Sometimes it can be hard switching from songs with the emphasis on the first and third beat to ones with emphasis on the second and fourth, but I suppose I'll just have to get used to it, haha.

How do you guys play, and what devices do you use? Are there any really good beatmaps I should try right away? (Keeping in mind my average song level is still in the 1-star or low 2-star right now, lol.)

I also play music outside of Osu, mostly using guitar and voice. I haven't been able to get out and busk since the start of quarantine, so I haven't really been getting my music fix recently. I'm hoping Osu will fix that! Who knows, maybe if I get better at it I'll start streaming it regularly. Or I could do a n00b stream to make people feel better about their own skill, haha.
IncrediMan
Hey, welcome back to the game !

I just checked your profile and it says that your account was created last month, in case you don't know, you can get banned if you have multiple accounts.
If you do, try to message the support before getting your accounts banned 😉
Topic Starter
lking22
Oh, woops! Pretty sure my last account was made with my old email (which I can't access because outlook decided to be dumb and lock me out, even after I answered all the security questions). I should probably figure out how to get back into it and get rid of it, though, so that one isn't clogging up the rankings with an inactive account.
DrSnuff666
Yea im also a big rhythm game person or just music in general well just keep tryinn youll get better
AndreaDevaux
hii, i play using a drawing tablet as well. i just started using key combination a few days ago because before that i used to play only using the tablet. i like to say i m improving everyday but i still need to master the basics.