forum

Knife Party - Bonfire [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Loctav
Let me make one thing clear, please:

The objected sliders are scratching on the rankability, and even inverness knows that. The slider is overlapping in a way that it might be intersubjective clean to read, but objectively overlap in a way that the Ranking Criteria disallows it actually. I am not a friend of objective rulesets. Keep in mind that this rule exists for a good reason (see Charles' post), but the origin of the rule was to disallow exactly these sliders that are suggesting a different movement than they actually do. This is not the case here. The slider does exactly what everyone is expecting from it. Yet, the overlap is so borderline that it gets knocked down for unrankability by the actual current ranking criteria.
This does not mean that the current Ranking Criteria needs a rewording. Why? Because however you form a rule, you will always have edge cases that fall under it even if they shouldn't. I rather have 1 controversal discussion about 1 map than allowing 192409234 shitmaps to get rankable because we softened our current ruleset. The Beatmap Appreciation Team is a gatekeeper team, meaning that they enforce the ranking criteria and/or holds back a map to do a case-by-case decision if needed, even if it contradicts the current Ranking Criteria.
The rule exists for a reason, a very good one. It's like punching people. Punching people is widely disallowed by any law in this world. But there are cases where punching people should definitely be legal. Yet, it is not. Still, enforcing this law is yet a case-by-case decision. This might be a quite unrealistic comparison, but I want to line out the logic behind why the rule is fine, even if it disallows this stuff.

This unrank was warranted and caused a discussion in a way that the community and hopefully the BAT self realizes, that unranking does not only mean "this is shit" but "this needs additional revision to do a case-by-case decision". I am yet sorry for inverness that it caused quite some trouble for it, but you should not take this kind of unranks too personal. They happen, they will always happen and they have happened several times in the past. They are needed, they are important and they might show up the greyzones of our own ruleset. Greyzones will always exist, so better do not start bitching about the ranking criteria self.

As in this case: We have discussed this internally forth and back, up and down, left and right. We consulted all possible instances, I discussed quite long with inverness about this, too. In this case, I want to allow this slider shapings, since this is yet a game and this gameplay element is playing as intended and provides a positive gameplay experience. This map will not be the fundament of other stupid discussions about how rankable your "fancy sliders on map xyz" are. Consider this as an exception.

Reranked.
Timorisu
hahahahahhahYES
Dainesl
Re-congrats :3
Woddles
I'm so glad you refused to change that slider inverness. Someones gotta stand up sometime, right?

If people were complaining rather than complimenting the map, then I'd start to understand an unranking, otherwise...

GG c:
Nyukai
Finally :3
Topic Starter
asdf;j

FINALLY

I would like to express my huge gratitude to everyone including the staffs for all their invaluable inputs and contributions. Thank you very much, without you guys this matter would never gonna be resolved in a very well mannered way. Again, thank you so much.
Enjoy the map!
Beige
re-ranked Congratz!

b-b-b-b-b-b-bornfire
Exw
SEDAP™
Axey
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

\knife party/
Hunter Howl
You deserved it, inverness
selamat ya \:D/
Sonnyc
Good ending. Grats
ursa
Boncabe balik euyy /o/
Zare
ye
pw384
knife party ftw
Secretpipe
Finally \O/
Flask
yaaaaaaaaa
Akiyama Mizuki
wow yes
quiz-chan_DELETED
FINALLY
Tari
glad the slider issue got resolved

gratz!
I Give Up
Awesome map (:
Rian Kiddie
err... ranked? Thanks! this very awesome map... i very like this!! btw congratz iverness :lol: :lol:
my first hard map i can pass with hidden mod :cry:
Lust
Congratulations!
Kodora
Oh, good to see this finally ranked. Gratz, inv!
Aurele
yeeeeeeees~ !
p3n
(o_o)b
Backfire
good shit
BCI
gratz with this shit bro \o/~
kirigherkins
Missed youuuu!
Lance
Yay rerank

I just hope that "questionable" things are brought up in the modding process before rank in the future to avoid situations like these.
Kaguya Hourain
FUCK YEAH!!!
wendao
ANJING LU NESS
10nya
ANJING LU NESS[2]
Zetera
Congrats, hope my replays helped you. c:
Lanturn
Re-grats!

Glad to see this back where it belongs.
Narwhal Prime
Man, all that discussion. Glad to see it never got over-dramatic. (reminds me of olden times: t/70065/start=135)
Congratulations on re-rank!
Senritsu
ANJING LU NESS[3]
wait what.
Gratz! :3/
Firakus
One of best maps I ever played, jumps on rage diff are awesome GJ

~Firakus
Wojcioch
MEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAA 8-)
esmaito32
HP 8 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: