forum

Struggling with Spinners

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Raszero
Im playing the song Oh! (Girls Generation) and I cant manage to hit the spinners on (OH mY) mode. I sometimes get them randomly but I think theres a techique im doing wrong? Any tips so I can pass them? Only time I can get them is when I go nuts with spinning but then I cant hit the notes that come up afterwords so I still fail! Thanks!
Zare
These spinners are totally doable, just practice and you will get them

Try spinning in the center of the playfield if you don't do that already
-GN
The only way to get better at spinning is to spin more until you've got the basic technique down. To start out, try focusing on drawing circles around the center so you can practice your muscle memory, and try upping your speed little by little until you can pass all of them(and gain some eextra points too! :) ).
silmarilen
what i tell my friends who have trouble with spinners is that they first have to get the movement correct and not bother with speed yet.
play this map http://osu.ppy.sh/s/50353 and only focus on your movement, it doesnt matter if you only spin 100 or 150, but instantly trying to spin 300+ isnt going to get you anywhere. the best way to spin is to make small circles because then you have more control over your cursor and you can keep track of it. once you feel comfortable with the movement start increasing your speed.
chelly

silmarilen wrote:

what i tell my friends who have trouble with spinners is that they first have to get the movement correct and not bother with speed yet.
play this map http://osu.ppy.sh/s/50353 and only focus on your movement, it doesnt matter if you only spin 100 or 150, but instantly trying to spin 300+ isnt going to get you anywhere. the best way to spin is to make small circles because then you have more control over your cursor and you can keep track of it. once you feel comfortable with the movement start increasing your speed.
This. Spinning in small circles will help, and make sure to stay close to the center of the spinner. Are you spinning with your mouse keys or your keyboard keys? It's better to hold with your keyboard keys so your other hand can concentrate on spinning. I was spinning with my mouse buttons up until 4 star maps.
Loves
Everything takes practice!