forum

At what level/playcount should people start FCing insanes?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dekonare
I started FCing insanes when I got about 4000 plays. But playcount doesn't mean you can/can't FC insanes. It just needs practicing and practicing.
Mints
When you say insane, it's too general, there are some insane that are easy, some that are hard and there are songs like The Big Black. If its the average insane mode you're talking bout, thn I can do it at around lvl 40 ( I think?)
Nekoroll

Nanami wrote:

Play maps that are at your confort zone and from time to time you go a level higher.
This is pretty much what I did to smoothly transition from hards to insanes. Playing songs that I was comfortable and familiar with made it easy for me to get a "feel" for how the song should predictably be mapped rhythm-wise rather than staring at approach circles and trying to time when to hit them. Most play at their own pace so there isn't a specific level or playcount at which you should just expect to start FCing insanes.

Play the game and have fun.
Zare

silmarilen wrote:

playcount/level are irrelevant when it comes to playing insanes, just start playing insanes whenever you want to start playing them.
This. why did the thread continue after that post?

holy shit silmarilen, you're pink
buny

Zarerion wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

playcount/level are irrelevant when it comes to playing insanes, just start playing insanes whenever you want to start playing them.
This. why did the thread continue after that post?

holy shit silmarilen, you're pink
would you prefer a separate topic for each question?
ryza
>people seriously replying to lily-kun

why would you do that
Topic Starter
Loves

Silynn wrote:

why would you do that
Because they love me!
JappyBabes

Silynn wrote:

why would you do that
why wouldn't you?
Saikain
ive just got into the insane maps myself i found a good way to work myself into it was double timing 4-4.5 star maps that you already know. this means you know the layout of the map and all it is is increase speed which is all an insane song is anyway. well apart from the streaming and thats just hitting a button as fast as you can in my case.
Maneuver
At insane level people should start FCing insane 8-)
primrose
At any level people can start playing insanes. also FC it.
Loading_old
playcount/level doesn't really matter, I think before FCing insane you can play Hard diff + DT
silmarilen
tons of hards are way harder to DT than nomod insane. going off from that is like saying you cant play insanes because you cant fc val maps or something
buny
wat if the hard was so easy
Wishy
Thing is insane diff spread is gigantic and hard diff spread is pretty big too so you can't really use those term to talk about this, since you got hards which are pretty much normals and another ones that are really close to insane. And even it's just up to BPM, even if some hard is easy all it needs is to be 170 BPM and have a single stream or 2/3 triples and there you go noobs can't do it.
Maneuver
The song should have lvl rated den ._.
ReLentles
uwa, everyone being mean to lily-kun makes Relly-chan hurt ;w;
Ganbatte lily-kun~~ *Blushes*
silmarilen
best bump ever
Mints
And here we have the famous job longed for by many people, the necromancer in action~!
pola[r]is
Just started FC'ing a few insanes now, at around 3.8k plays.

But ofc, it doesn't matter what your level/play count is, just how you can deal with insanes.
XGeneral2000
Do people just browse page 40 of this forum and respond to random topics they find there?
Rewben2

XGeneral2000 wrote:

Do people just browse page 40 of this forum and respond to random topics they find there?
Apparently so.

Or perhaps they find the question through a search engine, see the thread, don't notice the time and reply.
Weed

silmarilen wrote:

best bump ever
buny
remember when people thought lily-kun was a girl?
Wishy
Every "girl" in this game is a guy.
Myke B

XGeneral2000 wrote:

That's what I'm sayin' man. I see a new post on the front page, and I'm like "oh sweet, Something new to check out, or discuss." Nope.
buny
every guy in this game is a japanese princess trapped in a white male body
Myke B

buny wrote:

every guy in this game is a japanese princess trapped in a white male body
lolol ^^
raww_old
don't really know what you mean with "insanes", since it's hard to generalize, but I believe it depends on what playstyle the player uses

like I did 17k plays with mouse only, and then I was usually only able to FC insanes without streams (steelseries XAI is a really terrible mouse for streaming, due to the buttons being so hard to press)

but if a player uses kb/tablet from the start, i think it's fairly normal to FC easy insanes within like 5-6k plays. Everybody has their own pace of improvement though.
WolfCoder
I don't really see what gender has to do with being an Osu! player, though if we're all little anime girls over the Internet it's sort of irrelevant at this point.
silmarilen

buny wrote:

remember when people thought lily-kun was a girl?
people actually thought that?
GoldenWolf

/thread
Myke B

WolfCoder wrote:

I don't really see what gender has to do with being an Osu! player, though if we're all little anime girls over the Internet it's sort of irrelevant at this point.
It doesn't have anything to do with being an Osu! player. This is known in the common world, as a joke.
WolfCoder
But usually jokes are supposed to be, you know, funny.
buny
someone that can't detect internet lingo wouldn't find anything here, you know, funny.

threads as old as these always make me reminisce
WolfCoder
If it were Internet lingo you would have just said "Rule 30" or "Rule 29". Also http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25198
Myke B

WolfCoder wrote:

If it were Internet lingo you would have just said "Rule 30" or "Rule 29". Also http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25198
But I thought what he said was more funny ;)