Vass_Bass
goddam yeah!
little update http://puu.sh/7EZYt.osu
mellowminty
hell
yeah

medium:
SPOILER
00:23:047 (1) - this seems to come a bit too soon after the spinner, i'd either remove this note or shorten the spinner's length
00:47:041 (1) - ^
hitsounds~~~ i noticed there are some already but a few more would be chill ( i dunno about hitsounds tho dont ask me about those i cant hitsound)

vass' light:
SPOILER

i have absolutely nothing to say. very solid mapset; well done vass~ excellent flow, superb use of hitsounds. the only flow disturbing patterns were for difficulty reasons, as i see it, and they're fine how they are. excellent

advanced:

SPOILER
also absolutely excellent~ it's great. the streams were placed well, the timing is on point, the hitsounds are great. nicely done.

there wasn't much to say, this mapset is very solid and quite well done. an excellent effort from both of you~ looking forward to seeing this ranked, since it definitely should be (and more blue stahli? hell ye)
Reiji-RJ
Go go Lizzy! <3
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED

mellowminty wrote:

hell
yeah

medium:
SPOILER
00:23:047 (1) - this seems to come a bit too soon after the spinner, i'd either remove this note or shorten the spinner's length actually this is totally acceptable in a Normal (this is even more than a Normal... Normal+?). but yeah, this is fine both ways since they are 1/1 each.... even 1/1 away from the spinner, so quite easy to follow.
00:47:041 (1) - ^ actually same
hitsounds~~~ i noticed there are some already but a few more would be chill ( i dunno about hitsounds tho dont ask me about those i cant hitsound) yeah I might consider adding more, depending on whether they fit or not, though.

vass' light:
SPOILER

i have absolutely nothing to say. very solid mapset; well done vass~ excellent flow, superb use of hitsounds. the only flow disturbing patterns were for difficulty reasons, as i see it, and they're fine how they are. excellent much right, very flow!

advanced:

SPOILER
also absolutely excellent~ it's great. the streams were placed well, the timing is on point, the hitsounds are great. nicely done. thanks~ although I'd like to change a lot once I get to this again

there wasn't much to say, this mapset is very solid and quite well done. an excellent effort from both of you~ looking forward to seeing this ranked, since it definitely should be (and more blue stahli? hell ye)
thanks a lot mellowminty, but sorry for rejecting the suggestions! :(
I am waiting till next week where I can finally fully get back to mapping...... right now just idling now and then because of school

Reiji-RJ wrote:

Go go Lizzy! <3
:33 and also Vass please
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED
FINISHED and ready for modzzzz! yay :)

edit: aha
Somehow I lack the magic to attract modders.
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED
soon enough.
just lemme finish my school work and all

gave Advanced more SV, because honestly, it was slow as heck.
Vass_Bass
go pls go <3
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED
finally...!!
Aurele
Medium
  1. 00:50:610 (5) - Please move this circle to have a consistent spacing. It isn't following the spacing with the two previous sliders.
  2. 01:29:610 (5) - Please move this circle to have a consistent spacing. It isn't following the spacing with the two previous sliders.
  3. 02:08:985 (1,2,3) - I don't really like how these objects are placed, it makes an inconsistent spacing. Right now, only the end of the slider (1) and the beginning of the slider (2) are stacked, while the end of the slider (2) and the circle (3) aren't. It would be looking better if you keep a consistent spacing here.
  4. 02:20:047 (6) - Spacing is not consistent with the two previous objects.
  5. 02:35:047 (6) - I don't think this kind of jump is appropriate in a Medium difficulty. You should reconsider this combo.
  6. 02:38:610 (5) - Please move this circle to have a consistent spacing. It isn't following the spacing with the two previous sliders.
Vass' Light
  1. 00:31:110 - If I hear the hitsounds on the previous combos, I feel like there is missing a drum-clap in here to keep the consistency.
  2. 00:40:485 (5) - I suggest you to move this slider two grids down to make a well-done blanket with the previous slider. The spacing would still be consistency if you make the change.
  3. 01:39:172 - This object is on a downbeat, which basically, you will mostly add a new combo to. Why did you add a new combo on the object after it if this object is part of the previous combo?
Advanced
  1. 00:13:672 (5,6,7) - It makes some kind of weird shape with the circle (6) which overlaps the object (3). I suggest you to reshape it that way: 00:13:672 (5,7) - to x472 y128 and 00:13:860 (6) - x388 y144.
  2. 01:13:485 (1) - The end of the slider is not stacked on a 1/4 line! I suggest you to reshape this slider to make sure to lends to a 1/4 beat.
  3. 01:13:110 (5,1) - I feel like these two sliders should be reshaped or reoriented to another side since right now, there's an anti-flow, which makes it unconfortable to play.
  4. 01:29:047 (7) - AiMod suggest to move this slider since it goes out of the playfield.
  5. 02:18:735 (3) - For a better flow, I feel that you should rotate your slider that way:
Good map! Here's a star c:
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED

Gabe wrote:

Medium
  1. 00:50:610 (5) - Please move this circle to have a consistent spacing. It isn't following the spacing with the two previous sliders. On purpose though. Helps greatly with aesthetics, so i'm not sure about this one.
  2. 01:29:610 (5) - Please move this circle to have a consistent spacing. It isn't following the spacing with the two previous sliders. ok
  3. 02:08:985 (1,2,3) - I don't really like how these objects are placed, it makes an inconsistent spacing. Right now, only the end of the slider (1) and the beginning of the slider (2) are stacked, while the end of the slider (2) and the circle (3) aren't. It would be looking better if you keep a consistent spacing here. alright
  4. 02:20:047 (6) - Spacing is not consistent with the two previous objects. confused, but still tried something with these objects.
  5. 02:35:047 (6) - I don't think this kind of jump is appropriate in a Medium difficulty. You should reconsider this combo. Yep
  6. 02:38:610 (5) - Please move this circle to have a consistent spacing. It isn't following the spacing with the two previous sliders. yeea ok
Advanced
  1. 00:13:672 (5,6,7) - It makes some kind of weird shape with the circle (6) which overlaps the object (3). I suggest you to reshape it that way: 00:13:672 (5,7) - to x472 y128 and 00:13:860 (6) - x388 y144. good idea!
  2. 01:13:485 (1) - The end of the slider is not stacked on a 1/4 line! I suggest you to reshape this slider to make sure to lends to a 1/4 beat. wow wouldn't have noticed this... thank you!
  3. 01:13:110 (5,1) - I feel like these two sliders should be reshaped or reoriented to another side since right now, there's an anti-flow, which makes it unconfortable to play. yea sorta
  4. 01:29:047 (7) - AiMod suggest to move this slider since it goes out of the playfield. it somehow does, yeah
  5. 02:18:735 (3) - For a better flow, I feel that you should rotate your slider that way:
Good map! Here's a star c:
thanks a huuuuuge lot for the mod!! I really liked most of the ideas... also, forgot to mention, I'll keep your suggestion about Beginner on hold. kds to you!~
D33d
I decided to mod Advanced on its own for now, 'cause I don't want to be modding right until I have to head out for a late-evening, two-hour rehearsal. I hope this is useful to you.

[General]

That beige colour blends with the background a fair bit. Make it more of a gold colour or something.

The hitsounds in general seem a bit quiet and they sound especially lost when the groove springs to life. Try raising them by 20% across the board.

[Advanced]

AIMod crap: 00:45:358 (8) - and 02:35:420 (6) - are unsnapped, so jiggle them on the timeline. Editor's a piece of crap.

Couple of blanketing opportunities here as well, so I'll point out a couple to get my point across. Consider this as separate from the actual mod itself.

00:11:985 (1,2) - and 00:44:422 (7) - Look for any other patterns like these. They're close enough that you might as well blanket them. I'm not suggesting that you force loads of blankets throughout the map, 'cause that'd get boring rather quickly.

00:19:110 (3) - I'd split this into circles or something, or at least place a clickable moment on the downbeat. You could also remove the repeat and follow the slider with another 1/2 slider at 00:19:485 - since you've got those weak offbeats.

00:20:985 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - This pattern doesn't feel like it's quite emphasising things satisfyingly--again, partially because 00:22:297 (7) - isn't emphasising the downbeat. You could try using 1/2 sliders in different places, such as turning the circle at 00:21:547 (4) - into one and working from there. I'd also like to hear some creative use of claps, as it'd create a nice clave feel.

00:23:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - I don't have a problem with this per se, but it still feels a bit startling when the intro's so slow, especially when there's not really a tangible build into the stream. It also feels overmapped--as it's the start of the song, I'd use either stacks or simply break up the stream by removing 00:23:516 (4,8) -

00:28:485 (5) - New combo. Make the rotations consistent elsewhere as well.

00:29:985 (1,2) - Where does this relate to the music? I really think you should lose the overextensions, as they don't suit the pulse of the music until later.

00:37:485 (1,2) - I would appreciate your cutters a lot more if the slider's head overlapped the track fully. It'd also be overlapping the tick properly, which would look much, much better.

00:40:110 (3,4,5,6,7) - This stop's quite a nice moment, so I'd try and use more stops like this in a similar manner.

00:40:485 (4,8) - The flow into the orbital sliders feels a bit sketchy. You could just rotate them or something, or otherwise rethink the pattern because...

00:41:985 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This doesn't feel like it's following the riff adequately. I'd play around with ideas to try and strengthen it. As I mentioned in IRC, try more (longer) circle patterns.

00:47:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Actually, this stream also feels overmapped. You could get a lot more bang for the buck if you has triples with jumps between them. Maybe some kind of back-and-forth jump action into the following combo.

00:52:485 (5,6) - I'm gonna mention this overextension again just to get the point across. Since you have some stacked offbeats, there's nothing to prevent you from using this kind of pattern for those instead.

00:59:985 (1) - I'd remove the NC. Back in the day, I used to isolate circles in this manner, but it doesn't convey a sense of finality when there are two successive combofinishes.

01:11:046 (1) - I'd remove this, because it's only a pickup into the fill. Feels confusing and unnecessary to me, when the emphasis actually begins on the drum fill. I'd make 01:11:235 (2) - a stack for effect as well, since the map began with something a lot more extreme.

01:13:485 (1) - You could use an overextension here--you know, where it'd actually match the music.

01:14:235 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Make this follow the lead line. It'd feel more engaging.

01:17:235 (1) - I'd split this into circles for effect--do some flow trickery to put the emphasis in the right place.

01:21:360 (2) - Wrong emphasis again. Move the slider 1/2 later and stack a circle on top of it. Keep the resulting jump.

01:22:485 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This is definitely overmapped. I probably should've just said "don't overmap so much" at the start.

01:39:547 (3,4,5,6,7) - Special mention goes to this, because it'd feel more satisfying with a 1/4 stack on an offbeat slider, while fitting the music better. I mean, you do that shortly after anyway.

01:52:485 (1) - I'd either remove this spinner or end it on the beat, as it currently feels redundant. Same for the other spinner, I guess.

02:26:985 (1,3) - If you can remove this overlap, then that'd be great.

02:28:485 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This might feel better as all-circles.

02:40:110 (4) - You should really turn this into a stream. It's the end of the song and you'll want the intensity.

Also of note: the whistles sound a bit cumbersome. I know you want them to sound like LC whistles, but you could probably lose a few here and there.

--

Ow.

I may have skipped over a few things or repeated too many similar points, but the map felt solid enough as a whole. However, I think that most of the above would help it a lot. Also, again: more circles.
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED

D33d wrote:

I know you want them to sound like LC whistles
i didn't exactly intend to. i just liked vass' idea :/

response to that extensive mod coming soon.
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED

D33d wrote:

I decided to mod Advanced on its own for now, 'cause I don't want to be modding right until I have to head out for a late-evening, two-hour rehearsal. I hope this is useful to you.

[General]

That beige colour blends with the background a fair bit. Make it more of a gold colour or something. kk

The hitsounds in general seem a bit quiet and they sound especially lost when the groove springs to life. Try raising them by 20% across the board. Probably going to say no to this one. The whistles are already really loud as is, will consider this more thoroughly.

[Advanced]

AIMod crap: 00:45:358 (8) - and 02:35:420 (6) - are unsnapped, so jiggle them on the timeline. Editor's a piece of crap. should be snapped now

Couple of blanketing opportunities here as well, so I'll point out a couple to get my point across. Consider this as separate from the actual mod itself.

00:11:985 (1,2) - and 00:44:422 (7) - Look for any other patterns like these. They're close enough that you might as well blanket them. I'm not suggesting that you force loads of blankets throughout the map, 'cause that'd get boring rather quickly. Already using too many blankets. Everything that's meant to be a blanket is one. :p

00:19:110 (3) - I'd split this into circles or something, or at least place a clickable moment on the downbeat. You could also remove the repeat and follow the slider with another 1/2 slider at 00:19:485 - since you've got those weak offbeats. Well it sure doesn't hurt to have the downbeat emphasized here, so I'll give it two 1/2 sliders.

00:20:985 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - This pattern doesn't feel like it's quite emphasising things satisfyingly--again, partially because 00:22:297 (7) - isn't emphasising the downbeat. You could try using 1/2 sliders in different places, such as turning the circle at 00:21:547 (4) - into one and working from there. I'd also like to hear some creative use of claps, as it'd create a nice clave feel. Iiiis... this right? *changes*

00:23:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - I don't have a problem with this per se, but it still feels a bit startling when the intro's so slow, especially when there's not really a tangible build into the stream. It also feels overmapped--as it's the start of the song, I'd use either stacks or simply break up the stream by removing 00:23:516 (4,8) - No dice removing (4,8). Maybe I could change the shape of the stream to something more straight, but could use some ideas that might do well here.

00:28:485 (5) - New combo. Make the rotations consistent elsewhere as well. There's no new combo because the pitch of both bass and instrumental stay the same. 00:33:547 (2,3,4) - Well I can't make these new combos, but in essence they follow the same basics.

00:29:985 (1,2) - Where does this relate to the music? I really think you should lose the overextensions, as they don't suit the pulse of the music until later. I don't know if it's the combination of drums and instruments that make me perceive a sound here or if it's my speakers. But it just feels like it belongs here, plus it intensifies the jump from (2) to (3).

00:37:485 (1,2) - I would appreciate your cutters a lot more if the slider's head overlapped the track fully. It'd also be overlapping the tick properly, which would look much, much better. Doesn't really change much, but weeeell there you go.

00:40:110 (3,4,5,6,7) - This stop's quite a nice moment, so I'd try and use more stops like this in a similar manner.Thanks, but sometimes, I just have problems with re-using a technique that would feel nice if I don't know when using it again would be best.

00:40:485 (4,8) - The flow into the orbital sliders feels a bit sketchy. You could just rotate them or something, or otherwise rethink the pattern because... ...they're actually completely fine to play, but moving on...

00:41:985 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This doesn't feel like it's following the riff adequately. I'd play around with ideas to try and strengthen it. As I mentioned in IRC, try more (longer) circle patterns. Tried something with sliders.... xD

00:47:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Actually, this stream also feels overmapped. You could get a lot more bang for the buck if you has triples with jumps between them. Maybe some kind of back-and-forth jump action into the following combo. I get your idea, but the stream is appropriately spaced and still not too fast. It also covers the drums in the background, while triples miss out on that last (but silent) drum hit.

00:52:485 (5,6) - I'm gonna mention this overextension again just to get the point across. Since you have some stacked offbeats, there's nothing to prevent you from using this kind of pattern for those instead. I'm afraid they've become a gimmick in this diff already. :/ I'd like you to suggest me a pattern you would use instead. Maybe the entire "chorus"?

00:59:985 (1) - I'd remove the NC. Back in the day, I used to isolate circles in this manner, but it doesn't convey a sense of finality when there are two successive combofinishes. Let's say I had mapped that break: the new combo here would definitely be a must. The combo before this actually ends on a beat where the entire track goes silent (where the track ends) for half a second. The new combo here is to indicate that a new rhythm is introduced at this part of the song. Plus, not having it here would make it less distinguishable from the actual previous combo and it would keep the followpoints (!!!)... those are super-ugly there. >>

01:11:046 (1) - I'd remove this, because it's only a pickup into the fill. Feels confusing and unnecessary to me, when the emphasis actually begins on the drum fill. I'd make 01:11:235 (2) - a stack for effect as well, since the map began with something a lot more extreme. It's there because there is actually a cymbal sound there. Also, a mere stack of three objects doesn't feel right there. All it does is it caves the movement in and keeps the player waiting while the song is already going again.

01:13:485 (1) - You could use an overextension here--you know, where it'd actually match the music. Yes, why not.

01:14:235 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Make this follow the lead line. It'd feel more engaging. waaat, explain further pls

01:17:235 (1) - I'd split this into circles for effect--do some flow trickery to put the emphasis in the right place. Roger.

01:21:360 (2) - Wrong emphasis again. Move the slider 1/2 later and stack a circle on top of it. Keep the resulting jump. Sorry gotta say no... this time, it's just my own gimmick.

01:22:485 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This is definitely overmapped. I probably should've just said "don't overmap so much" at the start. Is it really? well too bad the integrity is perfect; nobody actually noticed.... ssshhhh, keep it a secret.

01:39:547 (3,4,5,6,7) - Special mention goes to this, because it'd feel more satisfying with a 1/4 stack on an offbeat slider, while fitting the music better. I mean, you do that shortly after anyway. Just noticed that would do quite well there too. yeah ok

01:52:485 (1) - I'd either remove this spinner or end it on the beat, as it currently feels redundant. Same for the other spinner, I guess. Nope, it doesn't hurt anyone. And neither does the other. They feel actually playable.

02:26:985 (1,3) - If you can remove this overlap, then that'd be great. OK.

02:28:485 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This might feel better as all-circles. Not all of it, but I can definitely transform a part of it into circles.

02:40:110 (4) - You should really turn this into a stream. It's the end of the song and you'll want the intensity. Well ok.

--

Ow.

I may have skipped over a few things or repeated too many similar points, but the map felt solid enough as a whole. However, I think that most of the above would help it a lot. Also, again: more circles. Will consider that in my next map haha xD this one's too late.
Thanks a lot! please recheck if possible, so the other diffs get a short check and you your kds
Vass_Bass
LC whistles, pls
what are you talkin' about

edit: make AR = 8 in my diff, please
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED

Vass_Bass wrote:

LC whistles, pls
what are you talkin' about

edit: make AR = 8 in my diff, please
well tbh i've thought about asking you to raise it, but AR 8?
isn't that a bit too fast, considering Advanced has 8.2?

i would have changed it to 7.5, but if you really want AR 8, hit me up either in-game or forum PM
Avena
Hi :3
@Vass_Bass: Catch me ingame for an irc mod please.

SPOILER
16:12 Lizzy: hey are you back?
16:12 Priti: ye
16:12 Priti: sorry that I poofed
16:12 Lizzy: wonder what happened?
16:12 Lizzy: not that i'm angry at you or something
16:12 Lizzy: *for waiting three hours*
16:12 Priti: momma called me
16:13 Lizzy: jkjk i'm not
16:13 Lizzy: k uhm
16:13 Priti: 00:23:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - honey what's up with your streams
16:13 Lizzy: u mind if we finish what we've begun?
16:13 Lizzy: oh I see
16:13 Lizzy: right onto it, hang on
16:13 Priti: u fixed the muted stuff I was pissed about?
16:13 Lizzy: what about it?
16:14 Lizzy: you were pissed about them? woah haha
16:14 Priti: not pissed
16:14 Priti: angry.
16:14 Lizzy: I'm sorry that they're still there Cx
16:14 Priti: so ye
16:14 Priti: fix da stream
16:14 Priti: it's spacing is odd
16:14 Priti: 01:14:235 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - wow gurl this is wrong
16:14 Priti: 01:14:328 (5,8) - remove
16:14 Priti: 01:14:516 - add
16:15 Lizzy: negative.
16:15 Priti: positive
16:15 Lizzy: setting a wrong emphasis with that, i'm sry
16:16 Priti: what the fuck are you trying to emphasize?
16:16 Lizzy: lead line??
16:16 Lizzy: or whatever you call the drums
16:16 Lizzy: slash the hi-hats
16:16 Priti: bassline
16:16 Priti: honey but the melody is super dominant there
16:16 Priti: you can barely notice any hi-hats
16:17 Priti: 01:22:485 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - honey there are spacing inconsistencies in literally all your streams
16:22 Lizzy: well that one's fixed
16:22 Lizzy: BUT
16:23 Lizzy: 01:14:235 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Give me a possible arrangement for that pattern if i made it your way
16:24 Priti: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2805472 bitch pllox
16:24 Lizzy: that is actually
16:24 Lizzy: not all too stupid!
16:24 Priti: 01:24:735 (3,6) - idk if I hate this or not.
16:25 Priti: any chance to move 6 a bit higher? so it looks nicer?
16:25 Priti: -?
16:26 Priti: 01:31:485 (6,7,8,9) - i'm cooler than u https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2805480
16:28 Lizzy: in your dreams, m8
16:28 Lizzy: but i'm gonna let that one pass
16:29 Priti: 01:38:047 (4) - sliderwhistle?
16:29 Lizzy: that jump doesn't look right; i'll testplay that now
16:29 Priti: 01:39:547 (3,4,5) - I really don't like the stacks here
16:30 Priti: the way they change snap
16:30 Priti: it's just odd for me
16:30 Priti: 01:45:547 (3,4,5) - same
16:30 Lizzy: i'm saying
16:30 Lizzy: sorry!!
16:31 Priti: 01:44:141 (5,6) - I kinda dislike this, it breaks all rhythmatic flow in the section
16:31 Priti: maybe make a repeating slider?
16:32 Priti: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2805503
16:32 Priti: 01:46:485 (1,2) - the way it touches the tail of 2 is a bit ew to me, can you move 1 a bit more to the left and up?
16:33 Priti: 01:47:985 (8) - NC is optional, your choice.
16:33 Lizzy: fixed
16:33 Priti: 01:53:985 - +15% it's nearly inaudible imo
16:33 Priti: actually
16:33 Priti: 40 is perfect
16:34 Lizzy: not going above 30
16:34 Priti: rude
16:34 Lizzy: it's supposed to be that low
16:34 Priti: we'll see.
16:34 Priti: 01:53:985 (1,3) - lrn2stack :-------)
16:34 Lizzy: you know, compare the song before that part
16:34 Lizzy: and then that part
16:35 Priti: 01:56:047 (3,1) - ~ew~
16:37 Priti: 02:17:610 (2,1) - not sure about this, the end of 2 is a bit far which could make it awkward to play and cause a not-so-fun sliderbreak
16:37 Priti: maybe ctrl + g 02:17:235 (1) - and 02:17:610 (2) - individually
16:39 Priti: 02:31:485 (6,7,8) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2805537 maybe do dis?
16:39 Lizzy: k
16:39 Priti: 02:38:985 (1) - head volume is a bit low imo
16:40 *Priti is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/414852 Blue Stahli - Shotgun Senorita [Medium]]
16:41 Lizzy: woahwoah hang on
16:41 Lizzy: i'm not there yet
16:41 Priti: oh ok
16:41 Priti: tell me whenever
16:41 Lizzy: 02:19:485 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I hate this ;w;
16:41 Lizzy: what do I do with this
16:44 Priti: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2805550 https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2805556 https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2805557
16:48 Priti: ok?
16:49 Lizzy: well it'll do
16:49 *Lizzy is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/414852 Blue Stahli - Shotgun Senorita [Medium]]
16:50 Priti: 00:20:985 (1,1) - unrankable gap
16:50 Priti: a normal requires atleast 2/1
16:50 Priti: 00:44:985 (1,1) -
16:50 Lizzy: omfg
16:50 Priti: 00:58:485 (3,4) - unmute plox
16:50 Lizzy: people should stop being so sassy about these little things
16:51 Lizzy: "requires at least this gap" well to hell with that
16:51 Priti: 00:59:610 (5) - having the finish on a slider end isn't so smart imo, maybe turn this into 2 circles?
16:51 Lizzy: Medium guys should know by then how to spin and then switch
16:51 Priti: I know
16:51 Priti: but that's how the RC goes..
16:51 Lizzy: RC is outdated
16:51 Lizzy: it clearly is
16:52 Priti: I know that
16:52 Priti: but if I dare qualifying this with that gap
16:52 Priti: It'll get dq'd
16:52 Priti: 01:13:485 (3,4,5) - This will catch the player offguard
16:53 Priti: also the blanket isn't perf
16:53 Priti: 01:25:485 (4,5,6) - again.
16:53 Priti: There needs to be a nicer way to introduce these imo
16:54 Lizzy: not without under-emphasizing.
16:54 Priti: 01:22:485 (1) - a slider would be better in my opinion, also the gap n hurrdurr
16:55 Priti: 00:58:485 (3,4,5) - make these not overlapped? would be a nice introduction and it's also the climax of the section
16:56 Priti: 01:52:485 (1) - meh, again
16:56 Priti: 01:58:485 (3,4,5) - why aren't these all not touching
16:57 Priti: 02:04:485 (1,1) - gaps hurrdurr
16:58 Lizzy: "not touching" in what sense
17:00 Lizzy: >>
17:02 Priti: Not touching
17:02 Priti: in sense of
17:02 Priti: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2805641 The difference
17:03 Lizzy: ok
17:03 Lizzy: changed that
17:04 Priti: 02:15:172 (1,1) -
17:04 Priti: 02:21:735 (2,3,4) - okay I seriously don't understand this one
17:04 Priti: I don't think it'll pass
17:05 Priti: 02:38:985 (1) - head volume 2low
17:05 Priti: 01:20:984 (1) - unsnappy
17:05 Priti: tell me when you're done, we'll move to Beginner
17:07 Lizzy: Texas bby
17:07 Lizzy: Beginner time!
17:07 Lizzy: OMG
17:07 Lizzy: i think we shouldn't even start
17:07 Lizzy: the way i've seen you mod now
17:07 Priti: first two timing sections in Beginner
17:08 Priti: are wayyy too quiet
17:08 Priti: inconsistent with the rest of the set
17:08 Priti: too
17:09 Lizzy: fixed
17:09 Priti: ok I won't point out the spinner
17:09 Priti: stuffsies
17:09 Priti: but yea do smthn
17:09 Priti: 00:50:985 (1,2,3) - ewewew why are the rhythms so odd
17:09 Lizzy: they can suck my CS0 slider
17:09 Lizzy: \o/
17:09 Priti: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2805670 pls
17:10 Priti: honey if you were a man it'd be cs11
17:10 Priti: 00:52:485 (3,1) - what's up with that antijump
17:10 Priti: followed by an odd stack
17:10 Priti: ._.
17:11 Priti: 01:35:985 (4) - nc?
17:11 Lizzy: lol CS11
17:12 Lizzy: that's not even a possible setting
17:12 Priti: 01:53:985 - Beginner and Medium, consider higher volume
17:12 Lizzy: xD anyway
17:12 Lizzy: why antijump
17:12 Lizzy: it's completely 1,0x
17:12 Priti: 02:06:735 (1,2) - okay i'm not even pointing the spinner gap
17:12 Priti: but what the fuck are the rhythms
17:13 Priti: oh nvm
17:13 Priti: messed up something on my editor, it's not an antijump x3
17:13 Priti: 02:29:235 (2) - don't end sliders on big whites pls
17:14 Priti: 02:30:735 (2,2) - no wonder your NCing is messed up..
17:14 Priti: 02:38:985 (1) - head 2quiet
17:14 Priti: 02:38:985 (1,2) - missing claps
17:15 Priti: now
17:15 Priti: about the set in general
17:15 Priti: Advanced OD8/9
17:15 Priti: Light OD7
17:15 Priti: Medium OD5
17:15 Priti: Beginner OD3
17:15 Priti: kthxbye
D33d

Lizzy wrote:

Let's say I had mapped that break: the new combo here would definitely be a must. The combo before this actually ends on a beat where the entire track goes silent (where the track ends) for half a second. The new combo here is to indicate that a new rhythm is introduced at this part of the song. Plus, not having it here would make it less distinguishable from the actual previous combo and it would keep the followpoints (!!!)... those are super-ugly there. >>
I want to address this now, because I feel it's important to understand comboing and phrasing.

Even though the final object may begin on the next phrase, it is still the end of the current phrase. Hence, it is intrinsically part of the existing combo. By splitting the final beat, you create two successive moments of emphasis, when the only necessary one is the one at the end of the section. I'm pretty sure that it'd mess with the drain rate too, but I'm not too sure about that.

Consider it this way: if you were to write and rehearse a drum figure that crosses the bar(which hitobjects basically are), you wouldn't play it and leave it hanging just because you've reached the end of a bar. You'd end on the downbeat, because that's where the phrase ends. It's the same sort of thing with pickups, although those are a bit less important in regards to phrasing.

I'll try and mod the rest of this map today and I feel like we ought to discuss some of the other issues I've tried to address. I noticed some overarching issues in other diffs too, that I'll hopefully be able to sum up in fewer lines when I finish my mod.

Also, I said LC whistles because I recognised the slidertrack/sliderend swells from her maps. Dunno if they were really her "thing" or not, but I certainly recall her using them fairly well. They can also be overbearing with the wrong approach, hence why I mentioned them in general.
Vass_Bass
LC is not the only one who using whistles, you know?
Vass_Bass
try an offset -28 and rank it already :<
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED
i've tried everything and still can't get anyone to check it

i'm sorry but i don't think i can
Vass_Bass
oh c'mon
just DO it!
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED

Lizzy wrote:

i've tried everything and still can't get anyone to check it
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED
Reverted some changes

This map will not die an abomination.
Sonnyc
Advanced.
00:11:975 (1,2,3) - Spacing could be better.
00:17:037 (5,6) - Why the jump? It feels visually unstable, and techinically inconsistent with 00:15:537 (2,3).
00:58:475 (1,2) - Most 3/4 sliders you've used are ending at a recognizable beat while this being the only exception. It feels a little random to be here. Besides, the similar part of 00:59:037 (3) being differently expressed felt inconsistent anyways.
01:14:506 - Since this is the highest difficulty, I think you could've expressed the song fully.
01:21:537 - Consider adding a whistle.
01:29:037 (7,2) - This overlap wasn't really cool enough.
01:42:350 (3) - Adding a new combo will emphasize the small jump of (1,2) better. Unless, it just feels like some weird spacing.
01:47:037 - Considering a major beat was at here instead 01:47:131, guess a ctrl+G rhythm of 01:46:850 (2,3) will work better with the song.
02:07:100 (5,2) - This overlap could be considered some special pattern, but since this was the only usage at similar music parts, I consider this an inconsistency.
02:38:787 (9) - Feels slightly overmapped.

Not bad, but I feel too many spacing concept being used to form some noticable structure. I'm leaving this set.
Topic Starter
quiz-chan_DELETED

Sonnyc wrote:

Advanced.
00:11:975 (1,2,3) - Spacing could be better. k
00:17:037 (5,6) - Why the jump? It feels visually unstable, and techinically inconsistent with 00:15:537 (2,3). k
00:58:475 (1,2) - Most 3/4 sliders you've used are ending at a recognizable beat while this being the only exception. It feels a little random to be here. Besides, the similar part of 00:59:037 (3) being differently expressed felt inconsistent anyways. you can actually hear a beat there, remove the objects and you can hear it.
01:14:506 - Since this is the highest difficulty, I think you could've expressed the song fully. the jump is already tricky as is, but personally i think adding more objects is pointless. there is no solid beat here, just the instruments sort of gliding up and down, if you know what i mean.
01:21:537 - Consider adding a whistle. right
01:29:037 (7,2) - This overlap wasn't really cool enough. fixed
01:42:350 (3) - Adding a new combo will emphasize the small jump of (1,2) better. Unless, it just feels like some weird spacing. i will wait this one out. there is no significant change with a new combo.
01:47:037 - Considering a major beat was at here instead 01:47:131, guess a ctrl+G rhythm of 01:46:850 (2,3) will work better with the song. emphasis is good this way. ctrl G will make the pattern more fast-paced, but the song is slowing down here anyway. besides, if you listen without objects, current pattern fits better.
02:07:100 (5,2) - This overlap could be considered some special pattern, but since this was the only usage at similar music parts, I consider this an inconsistency. i came up with this one random night. it technically is inconsistent.. but it doesn't make it unsuitable for creating modern ways of overlapping in the song.
02:38:787 (9) - Feels slightly overmapped. Deleting it would take away the pattern's substance imo. i will keep it now

Not bad, but I feel too many spacing concept being used to form some noticable structure. I'm leaving this set. well, too bad.
thank you anyway for your mod!
would appreciate a recheck after some time

edit: minor changes
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.