forum

Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Aleks719

Namki wrote:

привет, увидел тебя в модрексе, решил поделиться мнением.

[Normal]
  1. 00:53:718 (3) - такое вроде даже в рц внесли, лучше избавиться от трех репитов и поставить один репит со слайдером. Как-то лучше музыку выражает тут, припев всё-таки. не нашёл такого в рц, в любом случае, даже если есть, мапа старше этого правила.
  2. 02:41:479 (1) - еще вот со спиннерами там что-то опять в рц. Надо, чтоб побольше было времени после спиннера. Для нормала это где-то 2/1 для такого бпма. ок
  3. 01:54:017 (4) - в предыдущем киае ты это поставил на белый тик (00:53:270 (2) - ), странности. И дальше там тоже пару таких моментов, в которых ты мапаешь под вокал, что не очень хорошо вписывается в общий ритм и структуру тбх да

[Hard]
  1. 00:00:435 (1,2) - за этим есть громкие ударные (например 00:00:435 - / 00:00:584 - / 00:00:733 - и так далее), а есть глухие (например 00:01:181 - / 00:01:629 - / 00:02:076 - ) я предлагаю на глухие поставить серкл, по ритму выйдет что-то такое. это ж вводные слайдеры, куда сразу такие ритмы-то?
  2. 00:05:360 (6) - вот это можно сделать слайдером потому, что есть очень сильный вокал. Сейм тут 00:12:524 (6) - . И там дальше тоже встречается такое.
  3. Немного странный брейк 00:12:972 - , по мне он не очень туда вписывается. Пока оставлю
  4. 01:44:912 (4) - по мне немного недостаточно там сильные звуки, чтоб делать кликабельный, мб слайдер вместо 01:44:763 (3) - , выглядит прикольно. лады
  5. 02:14:315 - ну а тут ты делаешь вообще некликабельный такой звук, странно это. лады
  6. 03:11:778 - / 03:11:927 - явно же инструментал, имо ты зря скипаешь это, там же такой разгон в музыке идет, грех не замапать. лады
  7. 03:15:061 (3) - вот тут все 3 звука (03:15:061 - / 03:15:211 - / 03:15:360 - ) одинаковые по силе, но этот 03:15:061 - ты выделяешь как-то больше, делая на нем акцент, но там нет же ничего такого, что стоило бы выделять. Я б даже сказал, что 03:15:211 - сильнее остальных, именно его надо было выделять. вот тут ничего не понял, хс одинаковые, громкость тоже, только киай обрубил, чтоб фонтан сделать

h4d0uk3n1 wrote:

i don't care:
  1. 00:12:972 - уверен, что пропускать пару тактов имеет смысл в данном случае? 00:15:658 - тут еще такие ударные, было бы круто их показать, а так просто пустота, кажется неестественным. Здесь то же 01:13:420 - ну фиг знает, иначе лишаюсь этих мини-брейков. пока не буду заполнять
  2. 00:26:703 (9,10) - не очень понятно зачем тут сделан такой густой ритм отразил 10, должно быть попроще
  3. 01:36:554 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - это немного.. режет глаз. это по тексту песни!

Сложно сказать, что что-то не так, так как карта построена на простом принципе, и этот принцип хорошо работает
i care:
  1. Так как это самая низкая сложность в мапсете, в ней дс должен быть постоянен (а аимод говорит, что здесь это не так), как и св (хотя не уверен нужно ли поправлять св в данном случае, так как его изменения практически не заметны допускается, действительно не очень заметны
  2. 00:08:046 (5,2) - мне кажется они некрасиво соприкасаются а мне нравится!
  3. 00:45:211 - хотелось бы чтобы интенсивная часть песни начиналась с кликабельного объекта да, согласен
  4. 01:19:688 (3,4) - мне кажется такие вещи сложно читать новичкам перенес на начало след слайдера
  5. 01:53:270 (3,4) - учитывая каким ритмом ты пользовался ранее, это может стать неприятным сюрпризом. Может стоит показать такой ритм ближе к началу песни, чтобы избежать проблем с прочтением? Или сделать так же, как и в прошлом припеве да
  6. 02:41:479 (1,1) - рк говорит что в нормалах кд у спинеров минимум 2 бита да
  7. 02:58:046 (2,3) - такой ритм хоть и сложно предугадать, но он кажется более подходящим что-то не очень в музыку, оставлю свой

Было бы круто, если бы ритм было более постоянным, эта сложность, по сути, должна быть удобна для новичков, потому не стоит нагружать их внезапными решениями типа 2/3 гапов, если начал с 1/1, то пускай так дальше будет, хотя лучше оставить другие (не 1/1), но так же добавить их и в начале, чтобы они не были большим сюрпризом на контрасте с постоянными 1/1 от 1/1 кони дохнут, в 1/3 мапе это не просто уныло, это унылище. надо немного хоть разбавлять

Большое спасибо за моды!
ZekeyHache
Hello~

I would've bubbled the set like it is now 5-6 years ago, but quality standards have changed and I have to give you bad news xp

[General]
Maybe use a 16:9 storyboard now that is the common thing? (this is totally up to you)

The naming in your difficulties don't show progression in difficulty and much less explain which level is. You can leave the hardest diff with a custom name, but not any lower difficulties unless you show what difficulty is or that actually shows progression in difficulty. You could just use any name you wanted everywhere in the old times, but not anymore xp

The spread is not good. The Normal diff uses 1/1 most of the time and rarely touches the 1/3 rhythm while the Hard diff uses the 1/3 rhythm throughout all the map. Even the star rating tells you how big is the gap between the two difficulties (1.79 - 3.51). To fill this gap there should be a diff covering rhythms between the Normal and Hard diffs, probably ending up around 2.45 in sr. Star rating is meant to use as a guide and not taking final decisions since it can't be accurate most of the time, that's why I've explained why the spread is bad.

[Normal]
Besides the spread issue, there's an important quality problem with the Normal diff. You see, most of the time you're using 1/1 rhythm without any variation, which makes the map very monotonous and boring, so when you use variations, they feel a bit random because you didn't use them before in the map; for instance 00:53:718 (3) - 01:54:614 (1,2) - . You're already very experienced, so I guess you won't need me to help you creating more variety in your rhythm and being consistent with your rhythm choices in similar parts of the music.

The best thing would be remapping Normal with these thoughts on mind because making changes everywhere would just take you a lot of time and it would be a pain in the butterfly. Here are some fine 1/3 maps you could take a look at to get some ideas, maybe:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/310680
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/420090
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/417230

and also ye, read carefully the rc and guidelines as well to be up-to-date

The Hard diff by itself is cool, I may have a deeper look into it if the problems I mentioned get fixed~

Good luck for now, you can do it!
riffy
The names do show progression, though! There is a clear difference between not caring and caring and as it matches with the lyrics it does make sense.

Additionally, as for the spread part, I would say that the I care! difficulty is more like an Easy one, I've took some time to look into Aleks' more recent ranks and his Normals recently been looking pretty up-to-date and solid, so I'd say that you just need to take things from a different perspective?

I guess we could pull a nice balanced difficulty spread like Caring (the one that is currrently the Easy) / Insensitive (a Normal that we could add add in) / I Don't Care (the Hard that is now in the set). Different names/concepts/spread styles may apply, but the idea is that we could keep the idea of naming and improve the balance of the difficulties that already xist.

As for the Hard difficulty, it does look pretty hot, though I'd probably try to change up a couple of things
  1. 00:16:554 (1,5) - the vocals here are clearly devided as well as the instruments, so mapping them with a single slider leaves 00:17:002 - 00:17:449 - 00:19:240 - 00:19:688 - unclickable. I'd probably try to throw in more circles, this way. And when you compare this slider part with 00:23:718 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - it is quite clear that the sliders are much, much easier.
  2. 01:49:688 (1,2,3,4) - I was expecting sliders to match the continuous vocals and the previous sliders. It just feels like sliders there would make more sense.
  3. 03:10:733 (5,6,7) - the jump is too sudden, there is nothing that leads players into the x4.0 spaced pattern and it is inconsistent with the similar part in the other kiais.
  4. 03:15:061 (3,4,1) - probably should have been spaced better to match the 1-2-3 jump pattern. example

I absolutely love the way 00:38:046 (2,4) - this pattern works, by the way. Those Krisom Crosses work are a fascinating thing.
Either way, I'd try to give the jumps yet another look as well as go through the reverse sliders and replace some of them with circles to highlight the music better. By no means is it a low quality map, it's just something I'd consider somewhat unpolished.

Also, I absolutely admire the way you followed the lyrics for 01:36:554 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - that was unexpected, creative and fun.
ZekeyHache

Bakari wrote:

The names do show progression, though! There is a clear difference between not caring and caring and as it matches with the lyrics it does make sense.

I guess we could pull a nice balanced difficulty spread like Caring (the one that is currrently the Easy) / Insensitive (a Normal that we could add add in) / I Don't Care (the Hard that is now in the set). Different names/concepts/spread styles may apply, but the idea is that we could keep the idea of naming and improve the balance of the difficulties that already xist.
Ok then, what about I care! / I kinda Care! / I don't Care! to keep the essence of the song like he has it right now?

I kinda care sound funny lul okbye
we'll know what happens sometime soon I guess
Reiji-RJ
Движуха в этом треде?
О да!
Topic Starter
Aleks719

Bakari wrote:

Additionally, as for the spread part, I would say that the I care! difficulty is more like an Easy one, I've took some time to look into Aleks' more recent ranks and his Normals recently been looking pretty up-to-date and solid, so I'd say that you just need to take things from a different perspective?

As for the Hard difficulty, it does look pretty hot, though I'd probably try to change up a couple of things
  1. 00:16:554 (1,5) - the vocals here are clearly devided as well as the instruments, so mapping them with a single slider leaves 00:17:002 - 00:17:449 - 00:19:240 - 00:19:688 - unclickable. I'd probably try to throw in more circles, this way. And when you compare this slider part with 00:23:718 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - it is quite clear that the sliders are much, much easier. changed just the begining, rest sounds bad tho
  2. 01:49:688 (1,2,3,4) - I was expecting sliders to match the continuous vocals and the previous sliders. It just feels like sliders there would make more sense. ok, not hard enough, got it
  3. 03:10:733 (5,6,7) - the jump is too sudden, there is nothing that leads players into the x4.0 spaced pattern and it is inconsistent with the similar part in the other kiais. ok
  4. 03:15:061 (3,4,1) - probably should have been spaced better to match the 1-2-3 jump pattern. example mmm, no, i like my way
thanks, sorry for late reply.
riffy
Oh, hey there!

Metadata is fine

General
  1. We could use a couple of tags. For insntance, FOB, Patrick Stump .
I care!
  1. The spinners in the 'I don't care' part of the song are just 1 second long. Are you sure that this would be enough for beginners to read and spin them?
  2. 00:33:867 (1) - the number of reverses here can trick beginners and mislead them. Perhaps a generic 1/1 slider?
  3. 01:09:837 (4,2) - this can also be a little confusing. I'd select 01:09:837 (4,2) - and ctrl+g them.
    Note: if you do so, you might wanna change 01:41:180 (4,6) - as well.
  4. 02:47:897 (2,1) - this feels like a small jump, might not be appropriate for the easiest difficulty.
  5. 03:14:166 (4) - if you decide to keep the previous sliders, at least split this one into two, so it's easier to read and more consistent with the previous patterns? example
    Note: 03:32:076 (5) - something similar

Just a couple thing to make it more appropriate for beginners.
I kinda care!
  1. 00:52:375 (2,1,2) - doesn't really look neat to me. You might wanna avoid overlap, if you feel the same way.
  2. 01:49:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - similar spacing was previously used for 1/3 gaps like 01:37:599 (5,6) - are you sure about spacing 1/1 circles the same way? I'd recommend just regular stacks instead.
I don't!
  1. 01:36:703 (2,3,4,5) - this gets me every time, I just love the idea
Looks prettier to me! Definitely wanna give it a shot after ezek gets back to it.
m3gB3g
нажми Ctrl+Shift+A на ласт диффе. У тебя два слайдера слетели с тиков.
Topic Starter
Aleks719

Bakari wrote:

Oh, hey there!

Metadata is fine

General
  1. We could use a couple of tags. For insntance, FOB, Patrick Stump . np
I care!
  1. The spinners in the 'I don't care' part of the song are just 1 second long. Are you sure that this would be enough for beginners to read and spin them? well, i got 300 w/o bonusues when tried to spin as a retard. enough i think
  2. 00:33:867 (1) - the number of reverses here can trick beginners and mislead them. Perhaps a generic 1/1 slider?
  3. 01:09:837 (4,2) - this can also be a little confusing. I'd select 01:09:837 (4,2) - and ctrl+g them. they are on the same spot, what's the point?
    Note: if you do so, you might wanna change 01:41:180 (4,6) - as well.
  4. 02:47:897 (2,1) - this feels like a small jump, might not be appropriate for the easiest difficulty. ok
  5. 03:14:166 (4) - if you decide to keep the previous sliders, at least split this one into two, so it's easier to read and more consistent with the previous patterns? example
    Note: 03:32:076 (5) - something similar ok

Just a couple thing to make it more appropriate for beginners.
I kinda care!
  1. 00:52:375 (2,1,2) - doesn't really look neat to me. You might wanna avoid overlap, if you feel the same way. kay, why not. didn't like it anyway
  2. 01:49:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - similar spacing was previously used for 1/3 gaps like 01:37:599 (5,6) - are you sure about spacing 1/1 circles the same way? I'd recommend just regular stacks instead. simple stacks look really boring, i'd like to leave it as is
I don't!
  1. 01:36:703 (2,3,4,5) - this gets me every time, I just love the idea that's disturbing, you know
Looks prettier to me! Definitely wanna give it a shot after ezek gets back to it.

Thanks~
ZekeyHache
check aimod and fix tags conflict pls

01:36:703 (2,3,4,5) - what a nazi pattern on the highest diff btw
Topic Starter
Aleks719

ezek wrote:

check aimod and fix tags conflict pls oops, doublespace, reuploaded

01:36:703 (2,3,4,5) - what a nazi pattern on the highest diff btw it follows lyrics
orz
ZekeyHache
you didn't get the joke
Alarido
good work !
riffy
Let's go!

Qualified!
Vass_Bass
we care!
Sieg

Vass_Bass wrote:

we care!
Vivyanne

Vass_Bass wrote:

we care!
salchow
5 year Speeeedrank omg, I want to dei.
PandaHero
Подскажите пожалуйста, какой сейчас год :o
Niva
Many congratulations Aleks (:
laport
Great map!
Namki
поздравляю!
Nao Tomori
Nice map and all but these diffnames are completely unrankable. There is no clear progression of difficulty or indication to the player about what kind of mapping to expect...
ego_17
без скина конечно эффект не тот (
UndeadCapulet
nao silly
ZekeyHache

UndeadCapulet wrote:

nao silly
Voxnola

UndeadCapulet wrote:

sis silly
_handholding
You guys missed your chance at le epic reply "I don't care" lel
ZekeyHache

Kisses wrote:

You guys missed your chance at le epic reply "I don't care" lel
I don't care

thanks for the second chance
Gordon123
здравствуйте,привет вам РАНК (:

Raiden
I have to agree there, there is no real progression of difficulty naming. It's just from one point to another (A -> B), doesn't imply harder in any way.

Please try to find more appropriate difficulty names that clearly indicate difficulty progression :(

(also taking it down because mapper hasn't responded to the report)
Gordon123
Thats same story how with Xanandra's map,its really big problem to make DQ? If this map was ranked 3-4 years ago no one BAT or QAT nothing would have said. why now such a tight control? answer me please. ;____;
Raiden
Because standards change, and you have to adapt to them. This is not 2014.
Pachiru
I agree with Raiden about diffnames. They don't properly indicate the true difficulty level.
ZekeyHache

uh.. they do indicate progression!

It's from a positive state to a negative state; you see, when you care about something or someone, you are positive and caring towards that, and when you don't, you can be negative and harsh. So it does make sense with "I Care!", "I don't Care!", and "I kinda Care" (as the state between caring and not caring at all). Come on, this isn't even advanced English, people.

Also, was the mapper somehow notified that there was a report on his map? I don't see any post on the thread about the map getting a report, and I don't know if he received a pm about it, so this is just a question.
Mun
I see no problem here, there's an inverse correlation between how much the mapper says he cares and how high in the spread the diff is. It's consistent, even if consistently negative, and works with the song title.
Monstrata
Make the hardest diff "I don't care" and it makes sense progressively

Right now the meaning is kinda "implied" so the syntax sounds different.
Nao Tomori
I posted on the thread about it, and reported it. Which he ignored :)

Anyway, I suggest something like "I normally care > I hardly care > I don't care" which both shows the desired progression and also includes the difficulty of the map in the name. This solves both issues.
Doormat

ezek wrote:

uh.. they do indicate progression!

It's from a positive state to a negative state; you see, when you care about something or someone, you are positive and caring towards that, and when you don't, you can be negative and harsh. So it does make sense with "I Care!", "I don't Care!", and "I kinda Care" (as the state between caring and not caring at all). Come on, this isn't even advanced English, people.

Also, was the mapper somehow notified that there was a report on his map? I don't see any post on the thread about the map getting a report, and I don't know if he received a pm about it, so this is just a question.
OBJECTION!

Pay more attention to why it's being disqualified; it's not being disqualified because it doesn't show progression, it's being disqualified because it doesn't properly indicate the difficulty level. How does "I Care!" -> "I don't Care!" properly display the intended difficulty levels?

Nao posted 4 days ago on this thread and didn't receive a reply, so the mapper has had plenty of time to properly address the issue, and they didn't.
ZekeyHache

Naotoshi wrote:

I posted on the thread about it, and reported it. Which he ignored :)

Anyway, I suggest something like "I normally care > I hardly care > I don't care" which both shows the desired progression and also includes the difficulty of the map in the name. This solves both issues.
Yes, I saw your post, but in that post you didn't say you reported the map so the mapper could care enough and take action, that's why I asked if he was notified by pm. You see, Aleks doesn't get online everyday so he needs a good reason to show up, I suppose. Imagine if you see a comment about one of your qualified maps and you think is no big deal, but then your map gets reported and the person never said it got reported, so you know until your map gets dq'd without a chance to at least attempt to defend yourself. If you did notify him directly, then that was nice and Aleks wasn't for not replying, but if you didn't, well, just be more clear when you do such thing next time.

Well moving on to the important thing here, I think Monstrata's and Nao's way of dealing with this is fine, so it should be up to Aleks on what to do. For some reason my brain saw the last diff as "I don't care" instead of "I really don't" all the time haha. Still is something that works imo, but since the map is already dq'd we should expect an improvement.

edit: Dooormat, my explanation shows how it is related to difficulty as well
show more