forum

The Tender Box - Spectacular Spider-Man Theme Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rearmed
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 4:31:46 AM

Artist: The Tender Box
Title: Spectacular Spider-Man Theme Song
Source: Spectacular Spider-Man
Tags: Television Cartoons Spider-Man
BPM: 145
Filesize: 12433kb
Play Time: 01:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.72 stars, 58 notes)
  2. Hard (4.63 stars, 121 notes)
Download: The Tender Box - Spectacular Spider-Man Theme Song
Download: The Tender Box - Spectacular Spider-Man Theme Song (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The song from the new Spider-Man Cartoon Series. It's a great show, watch it if you liked the 90's version. The song is pretty catchy and I found myself singing it in my head the whole day after making this beatmap (actually a couple of days after too). I think the timing is close. Please tell me what needs to be changed.
Matma Rex
Normal:
1. At the beginning - IMHO too much copy&paste, just modify the copypasted parts a little
2. 00:22 - too many reverses IMHO, maybe split it on two? (same with copypasted later)
3. Make that huge white slider (00:46) exactly horizontal and maybe less... huge?

Easy:
1. First slider - too many repeats, same with copypasted later (00:25)
2. Same as point #2 in normal.

Overall - nice map IMO, but very short - aren't there longer versions of this song?
Topic Starter
Rearmed
Thanks for the tips. I'll fix it when I have time.
There isn't a longer version of the song as far as I know.

Did you find the timing to be correct?
Matma Rex
For me it is OK, the map is nice to play too. The stacks might be a bit hard, but it only makes map more awesome. Only circles just before and just after sliders are a bit annoying - maybe just move them a bit so they will be more visible?
Topic Starter
Rearmed
Alright I changed the map according to the suggestions given.
Matma Rex
Great :)

Just one more thing on easy:
00:48:07 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - I would divide this in combos of four, so it'd be 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4, but that's just a suggestion - if you feel it's better the way it is, don't change it.

Also, video is quite big - try to recompress it and remove music (it's already in .mp3).
Topic Starter
Rearmed
Thanks for all the help.
All I did to get the video was cut it out using windows movie maker. How would I go about making it smaller and removing the audio? Would it be terrible if I left it as is? I've looked at some ranked maps with video and some are actually bigger than mine...
Topic Starter
Rearmed
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Matma Rex
Bump?

I hope beatmap is not dead, I really want to see it ranked.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.