forum

F9 problem - when a person's name is clicked, crash happens [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iWhorse
Explain the issue you are having:
When i click a person's name on F9 menu, it crashes a few seconds after(1-3). Quite annoying, since you can't chat with friends or invite people to games.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. See above

2. osu! explodes in a million pieces!

Running vista, just started happening today aswell, didn't have the problem before.
MillhioreF
osu! is probably running into a critical error of some kind loading the user profile in the left. Does osu! crash with the pippi error box or does it do a more normal Windows crash?
HOLYWINNER
I think what he meant by crash is that you can't move your mouse nor can you see and write in the chat because the screen is loading

Also i already made a post like this one myself so i suppose it's a duplicate p/1756706/
jemhuntr
it's not really a crash, it's just a lag while loading your browser. yes, it's annoying.
Ephemeral
Noticed this for a while, will mark it as confirmed and look into threading the profile loading process so that it doesn't hang the whole client when waiting for data
peppy
It is already optimised to the best extent possible. This requires a reproducible case to narrow down the cause, which is likely the version of IE installed on the user's system.

The best course of action for the time beig may be to remove this display, as I'm not sure how userful it actually is. I only added it as a test to see if I could use more webviews throughout the game without relying on a bundled rendering engine.
jemhuntr
I actually use that often, but it becomes annoying everytime I click on it accidentally. Is it possible to make osu!'s built-in UI for that...? That would look much cooler and it allows more customisation.
TheVileOne
Please do. It's annoying when it hangs.
Enzo_old
Yeah, i agree about the removal. It's kinda annoying (the panel on the left side in-game)
theowest
Most of the time you just want to access something else. I'm pretty sure most people prefer to go to the profile on their own.
peppy
Okay, I've removed this display for now. Will need to look at a more reliable way to implement it in the future I guess!
Enzo_old
It still appears for me, should I do something like reinstalling osu or it still appears to someone else too?
MillhioreF
It'll be gone after the next update.