m980 wrote:

btw who here actually plays OU?

Noone?
Whats OU?

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

Playing Pokemon with hidden on.
Real pros play hidden
Real real pros hide their opponent's pokemon, not the other way round.
Zerostarry
Whats OU?
Overused Pokemon. Blissey, Garchomp, Electivire, Tyranitar, Skarmory etc
m980
Garchomp is Uber

Edit:
Ehh.. Nevermind
An64fan

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber
As far as I know, Garchomp is, indeed, a standard play Pokemon.

Also, I guess I'd be up for some matches after I finish EV training my Umbreon and grinding to level 71.... :? (level 40-ish atm though, but that's due to EV focus)
Rolled

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber

m980 wrote:

Garchomp is Uber
m980 edit
wut
Ekaru
To clear up the whole Garchomp thing:

It depends on what ruleset you play, seriously.

Smogon ruleset has Garchomp as uber (This was voted on by a bunch of random people). Nintendo's ruleset has Garchomp as standard. This decision was not voted on by a bunch of random people (no seriously, Smogon had a suspect letter for a month, then a bunch of people who played on it went, "LET'S BAN GARCHOMP!")

I play by Nintendo's ruleset, except you can't use OHKO moves because those were made by a drunk. :P Garchomp isn't along the lines of other ubers IMO. Actually, Smogon is testing out quite a few Pokemon now. So...

If we're going by Smogon, Latias isn't uber anymore, before anyone asks. Yes, Soul Dew is still banned on it.

tl;dr: It depends on which ruleset you play by. Most competitive players on the internet go by Smogon, more casual players go by Nintendo (PBR/Battle Tower, basically, 'cept PBR has sleep clause, freeze clause, ect., which were even in the Stadium games). So all things considered, if you want to play against most competitive players, make a team without Garchomp, because it'll be considered Uber in most cases. If you want to be in the Video Game Showdown, make a doubles team, and consider Garchomp. If you wanna do BF, consider Garchomp.

Goodnight
Jinxy
Screw the OU.

I make starters and legends own.

Blazeken
Sceptile
Dialga
Giratina
Xatu
Empoleon

(Unless one of these six are OU, then opps.)

Download: Sakura Hana-20110814-123854.osu
Neo@lex
Ruleset
What. It's a fucking computer game. There are no rules. Tourneyfags can GTFO.
Pokebis

neo@lex wrote:

What. It's a fucking computer game. There are no rules. Tourneyfags can GTFO.
Rulesets are existent in the 3D games. Also maybe in the DS ones, I dunno. But, some people dislike double team spammers. They just need to get an attack with 100% hitchance, luuzerz.
xerxes_oli
guyz should i get platinum , rhythm tengoku gold or final fantasy iv for the ds pleaze help meee
mm201
In Platinum, I'm still saved in front of my starter SRing for a shiny. ^_^;

But you can always catch me on these:
Diamond: 1762 7527 5916
Pearl: 4468 0773 8281
Zerostarry
Bad news guiz.

So my Platinum ROM decided to screw up on me. I wasn't that far in the game, but it still frustrates me. Visualize a vertical line, blocking entrance to Celestic Town and Hearthome City. Something like this:

Everytime I cross this line, the game would freeze. So, I tried to avoid this, somehow. The first idea I got, was to go to a Pokecenter, move a couple pokemon, save, move some more, and save a couple more times, hoping this would reset some values. Didn't work.

So I tried something a bit more evil. I turned on the "Walk through Walls" code on my R4. Then, from Eterna City, I travelled north, walked on water, and made it into Snowpoint City. From there, I walked through pitch blackness, east, then south down to Celestic Town. It worked. I saved immediately. Then, before I could move an inch, bam, it froze.

I restarted, and travelled east a bit more. Then, south, then west, to Hearthome City. As soon as I entered...

It froze.

Frustrated, I get my flashcart, open up Pokesav, find some values, and entered in the coordinates for Hearthome City. Started up the game, and finally, im in Hearthome City. But something wasn't right, the graphics were all fuzzy and glitchy. Apparently this is supposed to happen, and im supposed to go underground, and without moving, resurface. So, i open up my bag, and select the Explorer Kit.

It froze.

Enraged, I open up Pokesav again, and enter the coordinates back to Eterna City. Everything goes fine. Now, I realize I have to get a new ROM. So, I open up Pokesav, de-level my team back to level 5, and trade them all back to Pearl.

I hate my life.
Echo
I found this thread way too late. I'm playing Pearl (have been since a year ago).

Echo
3995 2969 8504

I'm still training my team. I would love to trade some 1st/2nd gen Pokemon. I have tons of Porygon and Riolu (eggs and lvl1s) if anyone wants them.
An64fan

Echo wrote:

I found this thread way too late. I'm playing Pearl (have been since a year ago).

Echo
3995 2969 8504

I'm still training my team. I would love to trade some 1st/2nd gen Pokemon. I have tons of Porygon and Riolu (eggs and lvl1s) if anyone wants them.
Lol breeding spreeeeeeee.

Yeah, I've been racking up on the Wish Eevees and the Aerodactyls. :) And I may be (as in, will be) gathering together Snorunts, Vulpixes, maybe Skitties and Absols as well. And some other Pokemon.

And anyone have any spare Growlithes? I can't get any... :(
m980
And anyone have any spare Growlithes? I can't get any... :(
Catch me on IRC

Hatched or Egg?
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zerostarry
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Metroid
Kohakukun19
I've had my pearl version a while, but could never get my code til recently. :3 Here you go everyone <3

Name: Kohaku
Code: 3523 8276 6723
Kasada
I played Pearl up until before the Elite Four at which I started trying to gather up a good team. I just sorta stopped playing at that point. Now I can't even find my copy of Pearl. <_< Guess I'll be starting up Platinum. Just hit Eterna City and have a level 20 average for my team.

Name: Kasada
Friend Code: 2106 4897 0576
Kohakukun19
Kadada You're number was wrong, but it's okay, so was mine. I fixed it though ^^
Kasada
Pokebis
Kadada
That's what I'll call you from now on.
[Youmu]
mtmcl
Echo

mtmcl wrote:

What the fuck happened to Pokemon.
read http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/07/23/pokemon/
then http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/07/23/awesome/

in that order
mtmcl

Echo wrote:

mtmcl wrote:

in that order
Wow, that's touching. :3
mm201

Echo wrote:

mtmcl wrote:

in that order
I like shinies because I think they're pretty. ^o^ And I use a Seviper (shiny disco variety, nonetheless) in my competitive team. I EV and do all that stuff so I can get my favourites to perform. Because there's nothing more awesome than a properly trained team of favourites taking out a poorly built team of n00bers.

Different aspects of gameplay are fun to different people. That's why Pokémon is so great--it has so many sides.

Since I've moved on in my game, anyway:
Greg: 4511 6864 5306

Will offer shinies for modding! ^o^
machol30
Hi, I just got back into Pokemon as soon as I started reading through this thread, so I got Pokemon Diamond on my R4.

My sav got corrupted on my way to get the 7th gym badge + my Infernape turned into my Bibarel; no joke, I got a two direct copies of the same Pokemon :/ . Unfortunately, I didn't have a backup, so I restarted... I got my 2 badges now and my beastly Golbat <3 .

I'm gonna EV train after I beat the game (conquer the Elite 4) because that's the logical thing to do.

This really sucks, though, I think I accidentally released my Lugia (from Pokemon XD) (well, that or I lost it when I deleted my Diamond/Pearl). I gotta start playing that again. :/ At least I still gotz my Mew (legimate). :P

I don't know my FC yet, so... :P .
xerxes_oli
i got my secret key today yay! oh and story was great. Anywho i l-o-v-e pokemon i just cant tell other people that cause they'll beat me up .....lol
mm201

buraimaster1234 wrote:

My sav got corrupted on my way to get the 7th gym badge + my Infernape turned into my Bibarel; no joke, I got a two direct copies of the same Pokemon :/ . Unfortunately, I didn't have a backup, so I restarted... I got my 2 badges now and my beastly Golbat <3 .
Odd.. I've found DS cards to be extremely reliable and corruption-proofed, especially Pokémon which backs up its savefile. R4. Nevermind. :P

buraimaster1234 wrote:

This really sucks, though, I think I accidentally released my Lugia (from Pokemon XD) (well, that or I lost it when I deleted my Diamond/Pearl). I gotta start playing that again. :/ At least I still gotz my Mew (legimate). :P
Emerald cloning FTW :D

xerxes_oli wrote:

i got my secret key today yay! oh and story was great. Anywho i l-o-v-e pokemon i just cant tell other people that cause they'll beat me up .....lol
I've actually discussed with people at work/university only to find they like Pokémon too!

You'd be surprised with how many closet Pokéfans there are out there. The shame is in your head.
Ivalset

MetalMario201 wrote:

The shame is in your head.
He hasn't made it to university yet. The shame could be very real.
An64fan

Ivalset wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

The shame is in your head.
He hasn't made it to university yet. The shame could be very real.
I'm in senior high and it's in his head. :P
Zekira
mm201
Zekira

MetalMario201 wrote:

Zekira wrote:

In terms of battling, Smogon's tiers is supreme and superior, so we're following tiers there (though I'm not pretty sure if my UU team is still organized). For those who are old to competitive battling -- Garchomp is now uber, while non-SD Latias is not, so don't complain. Lol.
I'd say just keeping Garchomp from holding items would do the trick. Part of Garchomp's uberness is how unpredictable it is. They come in physical, special, and mixed varieties, and could be holding a Scarf or Yache Berry. Taking away his item makes him more predictable, and thus, counterable.

Meh, I think he's a stupid ugly thing, so I don't use him anyway. :P
No, it's because the only thing that can counter its best set is Cloyster. When EVd properly, it can survive unSTABbed Ice Beams from a defensive Starmie even without Yache.

But Dragonite is bulkier -- what then makes the difference? It's that Garchomp has 102 base speed -- something that Salamence badly wants -- the ability to outspeed base 100s.
m980
We all know Tyranitar beats them all so let's stop this pointless argument >.>

GO TYRANITAR

Also Cloyster is coolios
Zekira
K2J
SQUEE

Gold and Silver remakes all but confirmed!!

EDIT: Picture of the Gold & Silver spheres in question:

Metroid
If it is true, I SHIT FUCKING GOLD AND SILVER BRICKS!
show more