forum

Opinions on 24 Hour Osu Stream

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jadarox
The osu! streaming community is kinda dead and I thought it would be pretty fun to watch a 24 hour osu stream in an open multiplayer room that people could join and hangout in an stuff. I was kind of curious on people's opinions about this and feedback would be appreciated thanks in advance :D
Dexus
As a person who streams osu! a lot and has been doing it for a while I can say the streaming community wasn't very lively in the first place. Even when I have high quality and play very well people just come and go rather quickly. osu! isn't a very sought after thing to watch for extended periods of time. Having a room dedicated to a stream wouldn't work very well as most people run out of a streaming channel like it's a burning building whenever I sit in a multiplayer room waiting for someone to download a map. Plus if it was streamed you would only see one person's screen and if the person was streaming and being in the room a slot would be taken up. As of now there is no way to auto-spectate a room and still be a part of it so it wouldn't work.
Mithos
It would have to be a big event with multiple great players or something.
Loves
Osu! is dying because not enough people know about it and playstyle tends to become boring.

We need ads!!!
theowest

Lily-Kun wrote:

Osu! is dying because not enough people know about it and playstyle tends to become boring.

We need ads!!!
You mean we have to advertise by streaming osu!
to get lots of views we should try to advertise the stream itself on the osu! menu screen like we did with the recent tournament. We reached the top most watched live streams that way. but that'd have to be for a more official event.
Cropzy
I'd stream Osu!
zhurai
I stream osu

I just forget to change my twitch.tv thing to osu

also I'm bad in comparison to most people I guess?

then again I also play other games, so if people actually watched me, they'll be introduced to more games (> ' ')> only nobody watches me so XD
peppy

Lily-Kun wrote:

We need ads!!!
Speak for yourself :P.

As for the original topic here – if you want to do a 24 hour stream then go for it? Nothing is stopping you.
Soaprman
I'd be willing to watch an osu! stream if it was more than just gameplay. Like, a radio show format or something. Play a map, have a minute of banter about the map or song or just some general topic, then rinse and repeat. Not for 24 hours, though!

Dumb example: play Homework Crisis then spend a bit with an anecdote about a real homework crisis you had. And get this, the dog really did eat my homework! Ahahaha!

It's not the best idea but it could absolutely work if you get some people who are good at talking on the spot.
Mythras
your fingers/hands will be really messed up lol, you cannot play osu for 24 hours without damaging yourself.
Oinari-sama
This kind of room will be perfect for streaming.
charlotteawoo

Unkind wrote:

your fingers/hands will be really messed up lol, you cannot play osu for 24 hours without damaging yourself.
I played 17 hours straight once in a multi. My wrist/hand/fingers were not phased in the slightest.
Arnold0
Hi,

I know someone who was on air for 24h on a webradio (So only sound) and that was hard. I belive playing osu for so long is near impossible. Aslo if you want guys watching you'll need playing realy hard maps which broke fingers faster, so keeping an osu! streaming on air for 24h would be realy hard (Or you have to spectating other players)
Dexus

Arnold0 wrote:

Hi,

I know someone who was on air for 24h on a webradio (So only sound) and that was hard. I belive playing osu for so long is near impossible. Aslo if you want guys watching you'll need playing realy hard maps which broke fingers faster, so keeping an osu! streaming on air for 24h would be realy hard (Or you have to spectating other players)
I beg to differ, I streamed/played osu! for over 24 hours. I commonly play for 12-16 hours on weekends and I play as much as I can on weekdays.
Sohma99
The main reason people don't watch Osu! stream much is that you can spec top player most of the time with great quality...
Thatgooey
I stream 6-7 days of the week, and see a couple of other people who stream regularly as well. I do it mainly for myself, but I have a small group of regulars who come drop by and watch for a bit, and quite a few randoms. The one thing about streaming osu, is that it has a great live spectating system already built in. The one advantage of streaming is that you DO get to have things like a webcam setup and microphone audio. I rather like osu! streams, because you find yourself rooting for someone who is trying to achieve whatever they are doing. If you haven't checked out a stream before, I suggest you give it a try!