forum

Osu! with no hitsounds!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aqo
lol hitsounds
lolcubes
Well your original question asks us about our thoughts and experiences on the matter. So far I haven't seen anyone not doing that, which kinda makes me think you probably didn't ask a question you probably wanted.
Though as I have said already, having fun is important so it's all good. If you want to get really good at the game you will need them. That's all.
Aqo
people who say you need hitsounds for accuracy are all liars, don't believe them.
if you want better accuracy, just play on higher ODs and play more stream maps on different bpms. that's really all there is to it.

play whatever that is more fun for you.
Topic Starter
Kaoskadosk

lolcubes wrote:

Well your original question asks us about our thoughts and experiences on the matter. So far I haven't seen anyone not doing that, which kinda makes me think you probably didn't ask a question you probably wanted.
Though as I have said already, having fun is important so it's all good. If you want to get really good at the game you will need them. That's all.
I agree with you, and that's why I clarified my original post. The point of hitsounds being necessary or not is a different topic, since clearly it wasn't necessary in DDR/Stepmania/In The Groove.
Zare

silmarilen wrote:

if you are just here to inform us that you sometimes play without hitsounds, why did you make a topic about it?
should i make a topic to say that i sometimes play mouse only when im bored?
this

if you say "i do it for fun when I'm bored" you can't discuss it, since you're not serious anyway, so why make a thread?
Topic Starter
Kaoskadosk

Zarerion wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

if you are just here to inform us that you sometimes play without hitsounds, why did you make a topic about it?
should i make a topic to say that i sometimes play mouse only when im bored?
this

if you say "i do it for fun when I'm bored" you can't discuss it, since you're not serious anyway, so why make a thread?
t/107065 Don't see how that would qualify while my topic wouldn't. Of course one can discuss things you do for fun. Honestly I find it rewarding to play without hitsounds at times due to having to incorporate the music more into my play and therefore clearly here why a certain circle is where it is.
Zare
using Relax gives the player a lot more possibilities, such as passing 300+ BPM streams without having to worry about the speed. It's a way of pushing your movement to the limit, measuring how far you can go, that's why it's interesting.

whether you use hitsounds or not is mainly about preferences, though. you can - of course - discuss whether or not it makes sense to use them. But if someone says using them is needed and you are like " But i only do it for fun!!", the discussion loses it's purpose.
kriers

Aqo wrote:

people who say you need hitsounds for accuracy are all liars, don't believe them.
if you want better accuracy, just play on higher ODs and play more stream maps on different bpms. that's really all there is to it.

you have no idea what you're talking about
Topic Starter
Kaoskadosk

kriers wrote:

Aqo wrote:

you have no idea what you're talking about
If we're gonna go into that discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rg_ZnatLgc No hitsounds.
One of the best ITG players: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajeh0Kuq1TE No hitsounds. The game just didn't have any, yet they don't have a problem with it.

Is it easier to learn using hitsounds? Oh yes, definitely. A lot easier. But it's hardly necessary to become a pro player.
deadbeat
different game. things would work different. like hit window for example. hit sounds in osu! are really useful when you're trying to play anything above OD8. up til then, it's manageable without hit sounds, but still useful to have them on.
and yet i still don't use them >_>
fabriciorby
HITSOUND IS FOR FAGS

hi kriersssssssssssssssssssss
lolcubes
The way this thread is going, I can't predict a bright future.
thelewa
audio is for fags
kriers

fabriciorby wrote:

HITSOUND IS FOR FAGS

hi kriersssssssssssssssssssss
HITSOUNDS MASTER RACE

hi kirbyyyyyyyyyyyyy
she_old
Aqo doesn't use hitsounds, and he's pro.
Aqo

she wrote:

Aqo doesn't use hitsounds, and he's ...
Aqo doesn't use hitsounds and he's fucking terrible at this game, but after playing a lot of high OD, OD8 feels like OD5 now and SSing 150bpm streams is stupidly easy.

tldr just practice. there are no tricks. just play more
MillhioreF
You don't really NEED hitsounds to enjoy osu! or even be good at it, Aqo is a good example of that. But don't expect any really good ranks, because hitsounds are super important to accuracy.

I'm not sure the exact reason why, but I think it has something to do with providing feedback on how you're doing. Even if you get all 300's on a stream, for example, you might hear that the hitsounds are slightly ahead of the music, so you slow down a bit and stick to the music better for the next stream, getting you closer to the music and making it easier to maintain 300's. On the other hand, if you play without hitsounds and get all 300's on a stream, you don't know if you're hitting totally perfectly or if you're 20 ms off, so you can't correct yourself and you're more likely to get 100's in the future. This is just a theory though, don't treat it as absolute truth.

Of course, if you play CtB then hitsounds are worthless on all but the most insane of difficulties, so turn them off all you want :D
buny
A lot of maps don't follow the rhythm/beat
Soly
HTTkeion
You'r right
knjiga
Keyboard clicking sounds can substitute for hitsounds if you don't use them. So you can technically become pro without them.
Almost

knjiga wrote:

Keyboard clicking sounds can substitute for hitsounds if you don't use them. So you can technically become pro without them.
Only if you have a mechanical keyboard though or hit your keys stupidly hard.
Kanye West

thelewa wrote:

audio is for fags
No music masterrace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjAjp5onaTQ
RaneFire

enquire wrote:

knjiga wrote:

Only if you have a mechanical keyboard though or hit your keys stupidly hard.
I use speakers, I kinda play this way, but hitsounds at low volume, not off entirely. Can do without headphones tbh, they just make my ears sore - can never find a comfortable pair.