forum

Your hope

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bweh
You must be doing it wrong

Besides, you have a sense of humor; that's like your license for berating others
Vext_old

Brian OA wrote:

that's like your license for berating others
Will you make me one I can show it to people and be all "It's cool bruh, I got a license for being a dick to you. Bend over and take it."?
Bweh
Give a me a pic that can be used to recognize you and I'll have it ready within two business days.
Vext_old

I like this one.
Bweh
Got it

Expect your new license in the mail within two business days
Vext_old
I eagerly await. *sits by mailbox staring blankly*
Apex_old
No, what I mean is that it's impossible to state a man "good", neither it is to state a man "evil". We can only say "influenced" or "attracted".
Wojjan
Nooo, I'm pretty sure we can say good or evil.
Mints
Human is good at the start, but some chose to be evil.
Apex_old

Yukari wrote:

Human is good at the start, but some chose to be evil.
No, humans are inclined to evil, as no one taught you to steal and fight, but we wanted good.
mathexpert
Objectively, what is "good" and "evil" anyways? They're just defined by the human's evolutionary tendency for altruism..right?
tyrael6192
'good' by what definition? there was a case of a 'wolf child' of sorts somewhere in france who was abandoned as a baby at the entrance of a forest... he was a human child, but he refused to communicate with people, was aggressive and reluctant to be helpful

aggressive, violent and unhelpful = good? I'd rather say that much of our perception of good is shaped by nurture
mathexpert

tyrael6192 wrote:

aggressive, violent and unhelpful = good?
possibly, if that was for a species' best interest, so that their genes could be passed on. To this (theoretical) species, being aggressive and unhelpful might be viewed as a positive trait (thus, "good").

We humans did not evolve this way; we are a social species that tends to work together and need each other to survive.
tyrael6192

mathexpert9981 wrote:

tyrael6192 wrote:

aggressive, violent and unhelpful = good?
possibly, if that was for a species' best interest, so that their genes could be passed on. To this (theoretical) species, being aggressive and unhelpful might be viewed as a positive trait (thus, "good").

We humans did not evolve this way; we are a social species that tends to work together and need each other to survive.
My comment was in reference to the "humans are born good"

the definition implied there is arguably not the one you're suggesting

but my point was that here we have an example of a human who does not have these traits, which suggests that it is not nature but in fact nurture within our society that creates 'goodness'
Zare

silmarilen wrote:

i hope people will stop making stupid topics
qft
reigi_old
I hope I will be living alone myself. without working.

It's impossible tho. :(
mathexpert

reigi wrote:

I hope I will be living alone myself. without working.

It's impossible tho. :(
It's totally possible, you just need to embrace the NEET lifestyle >:3
LiLi
I hope I can grow a little taller :I
Xhinryuu
What is hope?
Cyclohexane

LiLi wrote:

This also qualifies for me
lianna

LiLi wrote:

:cry:
Sleep Powder
I hope I get better soon c:
Mikarunoel131_DELETED
I hope for luck and much sunsine this year :3
Mints
I hope that people around the world would stop making pointless arguments
Bweh
I hope that everyone can find happiness in their lives.
Kalle_old_1
I hope I would become filthy rich so that I could complete my giant list of dreams.
Nya-nyan_old
I hope one day I will sleep in peace >.<